What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I neither watch news nor take intrust in politics, just live my life as always, Indians knows about our government, more then me :lol:

Ise khate han na ke tum apne ghar ko deekho, aur hame apne ghar ko deekhne do, aur bila wajha jankne se gurhaz karo :frown:

Geelani is utter stupid..why will someone close their bread and butter??

Because he is a delusional person unable to change with the changing time..He still thinks he is living in the 1980s....His Hurriyat is also a dying organization.Not even a single new leader has come up in years.

what other sources say

People have committing crimes by calling for strikes and clashes. We are unable to work. We want to lead a peaceful life,” said Shabir Ahmad, a local.

The protestors also slammed separatist outfit Hurriyat Conference and its leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani for his failure to resolve the Kashmir issue with a pragmatic approach.

“We want to tell them (Hurriyat), especially Geelani, why are poor people suffering? Why they don’t come on streets as we have come? Why they don’t want to solve the Kashmir dispute?” said Shabnum, another local. (ANI)

Kashmiris protest against shutdown calls of separatists in Valley

Situation remains normal in Kashmir Valley despite no curfew

Situation remains normal in Kashmir - One News Page [India] Business

Never mind the politics. Geelani has nothing to lose because of these strikes/shutdowns. His sources of income is well-assured; he has a tax liability of Indian Rs. 1.73 crores. So you can guess the kind of "moolah" the old man has.

It is the small shop-keepers who are really hurting. Their means of livelihood is completely destroyed, while the average Kashmiri citizen also has problems to take care of his daily needs; thanks to Geelani. How long can they live like this? What Geelani is doing does not hurt people in the rest of India. It is only hitting his own people; and very hard at that.

Of course if Arundhati Roy wishes to, she can use her Booker Prize money (which was a big packet) to mitigate the economic problems of the common Kashmiri citizen. The politicos are all very well off, they deserve no consideration whatsoever.

J-K: Anti-strike activists protest, hoist white flag in Lal Chowk

Agencies Tags : Anti strike activists protest, Lal Chowk, Jammu and Kashmir Posted: Sun Nov 07 2010, 15:44 hrs Srinagar:

Around 100 activists belonging to Jammu and Kashmir NGO Forum on Sunday staged a protest rally in Lal Chowk area of Srinagar against the continuous strikes called by separatist groups over the past few months, but their leader was attacked by some youths.

Nearly 25 vehicles carrying the protestors, who had come from various parts of the Valley, assembled at Tourist Reception Centre (TRC) ground here, official sources said.

Holding placards denouncing the frequent strikes, the car rally then proceeded towards the Clock Tower in Lal Chowk area, the sources said.

One of the protestors hoisted a white flag, symbolising peace, atop the Clock Tower, they said.

As the organiser of the rally Bashir Ahmad – formerly associated with a national political party -- was talking to reporters, a group of youths beat him up and forced the anti-strike protestors to flee.

Ahmad was bleeding from the mouth before being rescued by police personnel providing security cover to the rally.

An agitated youth also removed the white flag and set it ablaze. Police detained the youth who brought down the flag while chasing away his other accomplices.

Several groups of people appeared from nearby Kokerbazar, Maisuma and Court road localities and raised slogans and started throwing stones at the police personnel.

Police burst teargas shells and used batons to bring the situation under control.

This is second protest against the strikes called by hardline Hurriyat Conference led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani since the ongoing unrest began in the valley in June.

India nay 1948 say kitna zoor laga lia, kitna jhoot bol dia per saath saal baad bhi Kashmir mein aik hi aawaaz hai azadi ki, india kitni hi hatdharmi gunda gardi aur chaal baazi karlay Kashmir azadi milnay tak thanda nahi hone wala. Balkay ab doosri states jesay k Assam bhi Pakistan kay saath ilhaq chahti hai:flame:.
:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On3F5dd5KKs&feature=related

:pakistan::pakistan:

There is no role or religious leaders in the politics.

Religious leaders should not join politics what will happen if Pope joins politics or Shankaracharya or Akal Takt.

There are two facts:

1. Apart from some type of Muslims nobody cares about these khalifas because religion is a personal matter of a individual.

2. Geelani is misusing its religious position of a custodian of a holy place in Kashmir for politics and which is shameful.

Assam? Did some Pakistani really bring up Assam here?

And then, when we start talking about Balochistan, Sindh, Pashtunistan, real Azadi for "Azad" Kashmir and hundred other things, they will accuse us of going off topic. :hitwall:

No wonder....all the cries of "Azadi" vapourises when there is no roti to eat.

The Kashmiris(those section who cry for azadi) should realise no one really cares for their cry - not the average Indian,not the GoI,not the world community and all the hoarse cries of Azadi cant get you one decent meal unless you work for it.

Get up and smell the cofee guys.

He said that the army personnel had traveled to the village in a private vehicle that was later abandoned near a timber depot.

Why the Indian Army Personals come in Private Vehicle??? That too a Question mark?:rofl::rofl:

Pertinently, at least 35 members of the Sikh community were massacred on March 20, 2000 when former US President Bill Clinton was visiting India. Authorities had claimed that militants had carried out the massacre but investigations later proved that it was the handiwork of government forces.

Which Investigation Proved that a handy work by GoI?? Care to explain???:azn:

It is all well and good for the rent a crowds and the paid stone throwers, they arent the ones that have to strugle to put the food on the table for thier families.

We have seen enough of strikes and curfews for the past four months and now we want to feed our families. We cannot go on forever like this

Sort of summed it up, you cant feed a child independance when it is crying with hunger.

Ohhhhhhhh comon till a decade back leaders would formmulate ides on how to defeat IA and capture kashmir by force not only kashmir byt fly the green flag on new delhi, but yeah as the bubble has been broken now u guys want to be on the negotiating table and talk of humanity and peace...

Where was humanity when 4 lakh pandits were driven away from their homes??where wa umanity when bloody in humane tribals raided and raped kashmiris??whare was humanity when sand dwellers destroyed the sub continent's culture and heritage.Muslims leaders are multi faced ,from israel to kashmir u guys only talk of peace whn u lose all the wars..

wow..nice...vey... nice....did you write it yourself or it was like friday homework..? and mama was providing the helping hand..?

any ways, i was away for a littile while and when i came back i found another ...ahh ..well i would rather not use the word which is coming in my mind right now, just give me a PM i will tell what poped up after reviewing your reply...i dont know why you guys can't grow up and look life and history beyond 5th grade...

how many of 400,000 (hint: it means four lakhs) pandits complained of not being resetled..? didn't your goverment treat them thier "own" ..humainaty was there observing it...

when you guys will go in higher classes and there will be some brains left in you you'll find out that tribals only raided after brave bharti saina invaded kashmir, Pakistan only reacted to imperal mindset of grabing more land and against wishfull attempts of saving of what had been left of pitty bharat mata..i didnt mean to upset you boy but thats the it is....

self detemination and freedom is right of every human being, you can supress it for a while but you can't deny it for forever, sooner or later right always prevails.

wow..nice...vey... nice....did you write it yourself or it was like friday homework..? and mama was providing the helping hand..?

any ways, i was away for a littile while and when i came back i found another ...ahh ..well i would rather not use the word which is coming in my mind right now, just give me a PM i will tell what poped up after reviewing your reply...i dont know why you guys can't grow up and look life and history beyond 5th grade...

how many of 400,000 (hint: it means four lakhs) pandits complained of not being resetled..? didn't your goverment treat them thier "own" ..humainaty was there observing it...

when you guys will go in higher classes and there will be some brains left in you you'll find out that tribals only raided after brave bharti saina invaded kashmir, Pakistan only reacted to imperal mindset of grabing more land and against wishfull attempts of saving of what had been left of pitty bharat mata..i didnt mean to upset you boy but thats the it is....

self detemination and freedom is right of every human being, you can supress it for a while but you can't deny it for forever, sooner or later right always prevails.

From your condescending tone I can guess that your exile was not a self imposed one.

Kindly do some background research and add some valuable inputs to discussions instead of trolling. :wave:

purestanis forget to mention the older inhabitants of Kashmir

Example) The Mahabharat explains how the Kambojas ruled with the capital being "Rajapura"

Later the Panchalas ruled

Then the Mauryan emperor Ashoka etc.

Islam was only introduced to the land in the beginning of the 14th century

Try telling that to Tibetans as well.. Oh wait they're not Muslims though. :rolleyes:

From your condescending tone I can guess that your exile was not a self imposed one.

Kindly do some background research and add some valuable inputs to discussions instead of trolling. :wave:

valuable inputs..? mate try and come out of dilema you are in, call centre rpresentative's version of condescending doesn't affinate me at all, plus instead of suggesting show me what you got in light of your "valuable inputs" and "back ground" research while doing so go through my earlier posts carefully, excile or no excile trolling is a copy book trade of ciriculam of indian education system, guys study it all the way and find a call centre job to later come with sarcastic suggetions.

What Obama and Manmohan Said On Kashmir !

NEW DELHI, Nov 8, 2010 (AFP) - President Barack Obama said Monday that the United States could not impose a solution on Kashmir or other issues in the volatile India-Pakistan relationship.

"I believe both Pakistan and India have an interest in reducing tensions between the two countries," Obama said when asked about the Kashmir dispute at a press conference after he met Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

But he added: "The United States cannot impose a solution on these problems."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the verbaticm transcript of President Obama's answer to a query on Kashmir;

"With respect to Kashmir, obviously this is the long standing dispute between India and Pakistan. As I said yesterday, I believe that both Pakistan and India have an interest in reducing tensions between the two countries.

United States cannot impose a solution to these problems. But I have indicated to Prime Minister Singh that we are happy to play any role that the two countries think is appropriate in reducing these tensions.

That’s in the interest of the region, it’s in the interest of the two countries involved and it is in the interest of the United States of America.

So, my hope is that conversations will be taking place between the two countries that may not start at that particular flashpoint, there may be confidence building measures that need to take place, but I am absolutely convinced that it is both in India and Pakistan’s interests to reduce tensions that will enable them I think to focus on the range of both challenges and opportunities that India and Pakistan faces
."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what Mr Manmohan had to say on the same question;

"We are committed to resolve all outstanding issues between out two countries including the word K. We are not afraid of that. But it is our request that you cannot simultaneously talking and at the same time the terrorism machine is as active as ever before. Once Pakistan moves away from this terror-induced equation, we will be very happy to engage productively with Pakistan to resolve all outstanding issues."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom