What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The population of these regions is totally different from each other: culture, history, traditions, language, religion, etc.

Is the is a joke.................or lack of knowlege or some propoganda.........?

Well the population can be different in number of those region.....but culuture (Aviously its islamic culture that is same)..........And History abviously is the same...............and how come the region is different....

Total Bullshit lying...in everything.

I am quoting below relevant excerpts from Sir Zafarulla Khan’s speech at 464th UN Meeting on 8 February, 1950. He was making a case for Kashmir’s accession with Pakistan and why it is of “absolutely vital importance” that Kashmir acceded to Pakistan and not India. Yes, he forgot to mince a single word for independence of Kashmir.
…there is another and an almost overwhelming economic factor that must be taken into account. It is this. The three rivers — beginning at the top of the map, the Indus, the Jhelum and the Chenab — which flow from Kashmir into Pakistan, control to a very large extent the agricultural economy of Pakistan itself.

[…]

If Kashmir were to accede to India, this supply would be cut off altogether.
He then goes on illustrate why Kashmir is of “vital” importance to the defence of Pakistan.

What about the strategic factors affecting the situation ?

[…]

If Kashmir acceded to India, the whole of that flank would be threatened and broken. The border of Kashmir for quite a long distance, more than 150 miles of this railway and road, runs parallel to the railway and road within a few miles. Now, what would happen ? Pakistan might as well throw in its hand so far as making any preparations for defence is concerned. India would obtain direct access to the tribal areas and, through the tribal areas, on to Afghanistan. Pakistan's position would become absolutely untenable.

[…]

If we were threatened on this line, if we were always threatened on our flanks, what attention could we pay to the building up and the maintenance of our defence arrangements along the frontier? It would lay a burden on Pakistan which Pakistan could not possibly undertake to bear.
He then goes on to conclude.

Look at it, then, from any point of view one may choose: India is under no necessity nor compulsion to require or to need the accession of Kashmir to itself. India has merely entered upon a gamble. If it succeeds in that gamble, it can crush and break Pakistan — and that is the object of that gamble. India does not need Kashmir from the point of view of any of its necessities. The possession of Kashmir can add nothing to the economy of India or to the strategic security of India. On the other hand, it is vital for Pakistan. If Kashmir should accede to India, Pakistan might as well, from both the economic and the strategic points view, become a feudatory of India or cease to exist as an independent sovereign State. That is the stake of the two sides; these are the considerations.

[…]

What we are concerned with is this: that the accession of Kashmir to India means practically nothing to India on the basis of these factors that I have been discussing, but is of absolutely vital importance to Pakistan.
So much for independent Kashmir. So much for the ‘wish’ of the people of Kashmir. So much for Kashmir is for Kashmiris. Pakistan needs Kashmir. Therefore they must possess it. Thats all that there is to it. It is not a coincidence that AJK Interim Constitution has the following clause:

No person or political party in Azad J&K shall be permitted to propagate against, or take part in activities prejudicial or detrimental to, the ideology of the State’s accession to Pakistan.

But I must give credit to GoP. They have been able to not only successfully hid from their constituents, their true stand on Kashmir but have actually managed to mislead them to believe the exact opposite of the truth. Sadly, their ruse doesn’t work on the rest of the world.

No problem. We can find our own guy who will tour the region, interview all parties and his conclusion will miraculously match the Pakistani perspective.

Reminds me of the saying "the accused will get a fair trial before being hanged".
Absolutely, get your man, your judge, your jury and oh, don't forget your executioner too in this orgy. And when they too contend that Pakistan has no stand in J&K, then you can go ahead and proclaim it as a Zionist propaganda against Pakistan or a pro-Indian media which is at work here. Which reminds me of another saying
There are few nudities so objectionable as the naked truth.

Well, as i said Karthic... it depends on which side you are on.

Regardless, the aim of the movement has not been clarified in the story and thus the title is misleading.

Sir, I think title is correct.We all know that separatists want India to quit Kashmir.This article says that "now they want Pak also to quite Kashmir"

Is the is a joke.................or lack of knowlege or some propoganda.........?

Well the population can be different in number of those region.....but culuture (Aviously its islamic culture that is same)..........And History abviously is the same...............and how come the region is different....

Please do not pass moronic comments and associate culture with Religion ; The culture of GB has much more in common with Ladakh and Tibet (especially the Language and the Food customs) rather than Kashmir and especially Pakistan. Similarly Kashmiri (especially the style of writing) originated from Devanagiri. So yes, all in all, i would say that food habits, languages, and customs vary from place to place ; Except for the factor for Religion (which is why the hoopla has been prevalent in Kashmir), there is no possible commonality amongst the various sectors.

Do see the response to Gunner as well.. Or stay in denial. As I said, India's capabiliity to absorb that boil is significantly higher than Pakistan at this time.

The war of thousand cuts has boomeranged somewhat..

Yeah I read the responses. Very lame. And it is about denial than bharatis with 100+ killings of young kids they are ecpecting a. "independence" movement in AJK. Lolzzz. Denial or what?
:)

Yeah I read the responses. Very lame. And it is about denial than bharatis with 100+ killings of young kids they are ecpecting a. "independence" movement in AJK. Lolzzz. Denial or what?
:)

No denial of the turmoil in J&K in last 3 months. We have seen much worse before. So no big deal.

100+ civilians dies.. Very unfortunate... But thats what happens in a conflict zone.

And no one is expecting an independence movement in PO K. Its just that it looks India is paying back in the same coin. Give it some more time.

No denial of the turmoil in J&K in last 3 months. We have seen much worse before. So no big deal.

100+ civilians dies.. Very unfortunate... But thats what happens in a conflict zone.

And no one is expecting an independence movement in PO K. Its just that it looks India is paying back in the same coin. Give it some more time.

Lollzzz. India is trying to pay back in the same coin when it's own occupied coin slipping out of hand. ;)

A case of wet dreams. :)... No big deal for you if their is trouble in IOK so let's keep it on the boil and keep increasing the temperature until it gains what it wants. Freedom from Bharati occupation.

what a show by the Indians, jumping upto the Pakistan related material, while neglecting the more striking material about the Indian occupation.

No matter what you or this above guy has to say, the Pakistani flags are raised in Indian occupied Kashmir, people are out on the street against Indian occupation on the Indian occupied side, plus all the barbarity, killings, rapes, burnings happen on that side of the occupied land, not here.

So, whine as much as you like, facts and figures are totally different then what Indians have to say.

They can keep raising any flag they want for the next 100 years, wont make the slightest difference. Not an inch of Kashmir will be ceeded.

The population of these regions is totally different from each other: culture, history, traditions, language, religion, etc.

You clearly havent visited Kashmir. Ask any Kashmiri, he will tell you the same thing. Populations in AJK, Kashmir valley, Jammu, Ladakh and kargil and Gilgit; they all have a different ethnic, linguistic and at times religious compositions.

Lollzzz. India is trying to pay back in the same coin when it's own occupied coin slipping out of hand. ;)

A case of wet dreams. :)

As I said.. Give it some time. Talk about J&K slipping when the situation in J&K is worse than what it has been in the past. As you would have seen the table I posted earlier, the situation today is not even a fraction of what it has been in the past. When we could handle that, we can handle this too. OTOH, things on the other side of the border are not looking too good and are still on a downward spiral..

A. J&K, as it was before partition in 1947, is at present under the rule of three countries:
Just with his starting line one can hell his knowledge and competetncy.
Also the prepartition Kashmir did not have well defined boundary nor the Maharaja had his control over the entire state.

As I said.. Give it some time. Talk about J&K slipping when the situation in J&K is worse than what it has been in the past. As you would have seen the table I posted earlier, the situation today is not even a fraction of what it has been in the past. When we could handle that, we can handle this too. OTOH, things on the other side of the border are not looking too good and are still on a downward spiral..

Got to repeat your favorite phrase. Umeed par duniya qaim hai. I don't know what is your definition of "too good". May be curfews,stonepelting and arson. Yeah in that case situations isn't "too good". ;)

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Just with his starting line one can hell his knowledge and competetncy.
Also the prepartition Kashmir did not have well defined boundary nor the Maharaja had his control over the entire state.

Another Slegg Harrison in the making. :)

Got to repeat your favorite phrase. Umeed par duniya qaim hai. I don't know what is your definition of "too good". May be curfews,stonepelting and arson. Yeah in that case situations isn't "too good". ;)

Another Slegg Harrison in the making. :)

Umeed pe duniya kayam hai?? Good.. I knew I would get through to you one of these days ;)

No No... the stone pelting and curfews are on this side of the border. You guys have graduated above that to IED's and grenades long time back. In this department, we are just babes in the woods in front of you guys.. ;)

About what I mean by things not looking good, well all you have to do is read some of the hot threads about Pakistan going on in this forum..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom