What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Guys, avoid the trolls who are hell bent on derailing the thread. Getting back to the topic:

Reward, protection for girl, family who killed militant
Tue, Sep 29 09:45 PM

Srinagar/Jammu, Sept 29 (PTI) Jammu and Kashmir government has provided Rs 5,000 as reward and police protection to the young girl who killed a militant in Rajouri district and her family and Governor N N Vohra today said he wanted to recommend her for gallantry award. 15 policemen, along with an officer, would be assigned the task of protecting the family of 22-year-old Ruksana who killed a top Pakistani militant of Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) outfit leader and injured another at Kalsian village, about 217 km from here, on the night of September 27, SSP, Rajouri, Shafkat Wattali said.

A reward of Rs 5,000 was given to the family while recommendations for providing them Rs three to four lakh has been made to higher authorities, Wattali said. Governor Vohra has asked for a report from the Director General of Police so that based on it he would recommend the young girl for a gallantry award.

The Governor also intends to invite the girl to honour her at the Raj Bhavan, a government statement issued here this evening said. A top Pakistani militant of JeM was killed while another terrorist fled from the scene as Ruksana, with the help of her siblings, charged back at the ultras who had entered into her house to terrorise her parents.

Recalling her feat, Ruksana said three militants had barged into her house while some others stood guard outside. "They beat up our parents and "we attacked them with an axe.

I just went charging, pulled the hair of one militant, snatched his gun and fired", she said.

It is a proud day for all Indians when supposedly weak and unarmed Indian girls are more than a match for these jihadi scum. And this coincidently comes smack dab bang on the back of India deploying women troops on our border. Other symbolic overtones which no doubt would have crossed every Indian's mind would be of the axing happening so close on the heels of Durga Puja.

Proud nationalistic rhetoric aside, it speaks volumes for the guts and bravery of our Indian ladies, our modern day Jhansi ki Ranis! The entire nation is proud of Ruksana and Rashida bi and salute their exemplary bravery, and it is yet another reminder to those who want to foment trouble in India that our brave Kashmiri men and women will stand shoulder to shoulder with our armed forces in protecting our motherland from hostile forces - foreign and domestic.

As a proud father of two daughters myself, all I can say is that our women are our strength and have always stood shoulder to shoulder with us in all walks of life.

Cheers, Doc

This is indeed a very brave step taken by the very courageous young lady.

These terrorists have been forcibly having their way with women in isolated villages and it is high time that they were given a fitting reply.

The Indian media's desperation is palpable.

After getting a humiliating dose of reality check over the Chinese "border intrusion" fiasco, the Indian media is trying to lick its wounds by falling back on the tried and true anti-Pakistan story line.

And the brainwashed Indian masses are lapping it up pathetically like any Bollywood story.

The "news" itself has undergone several variations to try out the most effective propaganda line. In some versions, the intruders are identified as 'gunmen'; in others they become 'militants'; in the more hyperbolic versions they are identified by Indian police :-)rofl:) as none other than high level LeT commanders. :rofl:

It couldn't be just a bunch of ordinary criminals, now, could it??? Got to spice up the story and use it to pump up the egos of frustrated basementboi losers playing video games.

In their delusions of grandeur, the Indians subconsciously emulate the Americans, acting like they are the regional superpower. They turn every ordinary crime into a terrorism incident to drum up jingoistic fervor. India tried desperately to equate Mumbai with 9/11; the fact that it failed and the rest of the world has mostly ignored Indian theatrics has only deepened Indian frustration.

Hey, don't despair, maybe the Indian police ;) will discover that the killed militant was one of the planners of the Mumbai affair. ;) ;)

Last edited:
^^^^^^

Oh come on....give that brave girl her share of respect and encouragement........

Its not about media...its about a women .......proving to some terrorists that she can kick some AZZ too.....why only Kick..She can Blast an AZZ for sure.....

Why not in the past too Indian army used to rape and killed and put it on freedom fighters.

India in the past had created a fake militants/freedom fighters' group in Held Kashmir to infiltrate freedom fighters. This group used to kill Hindus and Sikhs and blam it on Kashmiri freedom fighters.

You are right,because of indian army sikh's and kashmiri pandit's left the valley.

The "news" itself has undergone several variations to try out the most effective propaganda line. In some versions, the intruders are identified as 'gunmen'; in others they become 'militants'; in the more hyperbolic versions they are identified by Indian police :-)rofl:) as none other than high level LeT commanders. :rofl:

u can carry on checking the minute variations ,discrepancies,change of time in minutes & second ...doing ur best to ignore the bravery the teenage gal who faught back for her life and honour.

Some militant sympathiser might've her loose her life and honour in name of freedom struggle ,but that gal certainly had other ideas.

It couldn't be just a bunch of ordinary criminals, now, could it??? Got to spice up the story and use it to pump up the egos of frustrated basementboi losers playing video games.
No,ordinary criminals dont carry AK-47 assult rifles.

Oh come on....give that brave girl her share of respect and encouragement........

Nowhere in my post did I ever downplay the bravery of the woman. She is indeed a hero.

All I am saying is that these were ordinary thugs. The media is spicing it up to sensationalize it.

No,ordinary criminals dont carry AK-47 assult rifles.

Assault rifles are a dime-a-dozen in any militarized conflict zone. I have known teenage street thugs in the US who could get their hands on a Uzi. You think a criminal is going to have any trouble getting hold of an AK-47 if he really wants one?

Nowhere in my post did I ever downplay the bravery of the woman. She is indeed a hero.

All I am saying is that these were ordinary thugs. The media is spicing it up to sensationalize it.

Assault rifles are a dime-a-dozen in any militarized conflict zone. I have known teenage street thugs in the US who could get their hands on a Uzi. You think a criminal is going to have any trouble getting hold of an AK-47 if he really wants one?

And where will these common thugs...get their AK 47 from.....that too in a heavily Militarized state of J&K.... Its India buddy...not Pakistan..where you can move into a shop and Say Give me a Klashnikove ...and buy if for 20000 PKR.

On the contrary,this is kashmir ,india we are talking about, where owning an illegal desi gun can invite to interrogation by security forces for several ours.

Ordinary pity criminals dont usually prefer to die a martyr's death in an encounter for carrying AKs with security forces.

I feel we need to celebrate the bravery of our countrywomen and the popular nationalistic sentiment growing by the day in Kashmir at the grass-root level rather than respond to trolls trying to derail the thread.

The thread is about Kashmiri muslim women hacking to death jihadi scum. What other reaction do you expect from the pakistani side but to try and downplay their identity to "common criminals"? Remember what happened in Kargil after the loss? Remember what happened in Mumbai? This is no different. After all there is really no national macho glory in going in with an AK47 and getting hacked with an axe ..... by a woman no less, now is there?

Remember the statements on the other thread by some of our Pakistani brothers about our women soldiers on the border and how the "purity and manhood" of Pakistani forces would not even allow them to engage such a "woman's army"?

Well, those same guys are cringing out here behind their keyboards unable to post a suitable reply ..... or as in the few cases like the one above, try and dilute the significance by instantly washing their hands off having any links with the perpetrators. No righteous cries of "glorious freedom fighters" here ...... rather the more acceptably mundane "common criminal" ...... of course the insinuation being the nationality of the "criminal" being conveniently indigenous and not imported from the other side.

Please give us a break from your hugely transparent and embarrassingly desperate attempts at saving face guys ..... none of us were born yesterday.

Cheers, Doc

On the contrary,this is kashmir ,india we are talking about, where owning an illegal desi gun can invite to interrogation by security forces for several ours.

Ordinary pity criminals dont usually prefer to die a martyr's death in an encounter for carrying AKs with security forces.

probably he is confused Pakistan's NWFP gun culture with Kashmir.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom