What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
3 militants, woman killed in gunfighting in India-controlled Kashmir

English_Xinhua 2009-09-28 19:18:13 Print

SRINAGAR, India-controlled Kashmir, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) -- Three militants and a civilian woman were killed and two paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were injured in a gunfighting Monday in India-controlled Kashmir, police and paramilitary said.

The gunfighting broke out in Amlar-Tral village of Pulwama district, 37 km south of Srinagar, the summer capital of India-controlled Kashmir.

"The encounter broke during the morning hours today after a search party comprising of paramilitary troopers and police launched a search operation to trace militants present in the area. The militants fired upon the party who was advancing towards their position and thus initiated a gun battle. The standoff lasted for several hours and culminated with the killing of three militants possibly belonging to Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT). In the gunfight two of our troopers were also injured," said CRPF spokesman, Prabhakar Triphati in Srinagar.

Meanwhile, the Superintendent of Police, Awantipora, Bashir Ahmad Khan said that during the exchange of fire a civilian woman were also killed.

"Besides three militants one civilian woman has also got killed in the exchange of fire. We are trying to ascertain under what circumstances was the woman killed," said Khan.

Police has also claimed recovery of three assault rifles and some ammunition from the slain militants.

The gun fighting between militants and Indian army troopers in India-controlled Kashmir takes place intermittently.

Police and defense officials maintain that most of the times the operations triggering gun fights are carried out on prior information about presence of militants in specific areas.

Salut to those Kashmiri people who fight against Indian militant forces

Salut to those Balochi people who fight against Pakistani militant forces

And where will these common thugs...get their AK 47 from

On the contrary,this is kashmir ,india we are talking about, where owning an illegal desi gun can invite to interrogation by security forces for several ours.

probably he is confused Pakistan's NWFP gun culture with Kashmir.

Once again, you guys are welcome to live in a pollyanna world of nicey nice, but the reality is that criminals don't follow gun control laws. Especially if they are in any way related to drug trafficking.

As I said, criminals can get assault weapons anywhere in the world. I personally knew teenage thugs in San Diego who carried Uzis. I can guarantee you 100% that you could get an AK-47 in Mumbai or New Delhi, never mind Kashmir, if you really wanted to.

We are not talking about you or me walking into a corner hardware store. These are criminals we are talking about.

Salut to those Balochi people who fight against Pakistani militant forces

dont stoop to such low level - for no reason and no person. i will never accept killing of even a single - paksitani in the name of relgion or jihad - by talebani or blochi or indian raw or any islamic religious organization.

i will never support talebani or bloch. its their own internal matter and if there is any problem going on in pakistan - the answer can not be lifting a gun.

the soultion can only be through peace.

i hope to see same - view from paksitanis . these so called jihadi on all the sides of paksitan .

kashmri , taleban , bloch are not fightign for relgion they are just following violence for their political gain. You can never get heard - with the guns - a peace ful march will give you respect . and a bulelt will only make a worth less piece of shyt terrorist.
:cheers:

It is a proud day for all Indians when supposedly weak and unarmed Indian girls are more than a match for these jihadi scum. And this coincidently comes smack dab bang on the back of India deploying women troops on our border. Other symbolic overtones which no doubt would have crossed every Indian's mind would be of the axing happening so close on the heels of Durga Puja.

Proud nationalistic rhetoric aside, it speaks volumes for the guts and bravery of our Indian ladies, our modern day Jhansi ki Ranis! The entire nation is proud of Ruksana and Rashida bi and salute their exemplary bravery, and it is yet another reminder to those who want to foment trouble in India that our brave Kashmiri men and women will stand shoulder to shoulder with our armed forces in protecting our motherland from hostile forces - foreign and domestic.

As a proud father of two daughters myself, all I can say is that our women are our strength and have always stood shoulder to shoulder with us in all walks of life.

Cheers, Doc

Very "inspirational" speech one has to say, mixing the morals of ethics and family values together and getting the ultimate taste of implication out for self satisfaction, good.

but what gentleman has ignored or tried to deliberately overlook is the fact that people of Kashmir has never accepted the imposed identity of indian union upon themselves, their are many accounts where KASHMIRIS have denied, rejected to be called or SERVE as INDIAN or accept the any indian oriented identit.

if they would've accepted it, then their would be no such uprising as it is evident, so keep that in mind before budging on with the buzz.

Indian girls are more than a match for these jihadi scum

Kindly stay few step away from revealing the level of INTER FAITH SCHOLAR you posses inside, JIHAD is part of Muslim faith, and it is further beyond the flight of your imagination which seems limited in this regard.

Once again, you guys are welcome to live in a pollyanna world of nicey nice, but the reality is that criminals don't follow gun control laws. Especially if they are in any way related to drug trafficking.

As I said, criminals can get assault weapons anywhere in the world. I personally knew teenage thugs in San Diego who carried Uzis. I can guarantee you 100% that you could get an AK-47 in Mumbai or New Delhi, never mind Kashmir, if you really wanted to.

We are not talking about you or me walking into a corner hardware store. These are criminals we are talking about.

dont compare anywhere to paksitan !!!!!

getting a illegal weapon in pakistan is way easier!!! there is a problem and paksitan must accept it.

no you can not get guns easily in india- simple example - a bollywood star was found keeping ak-47

you know what happned to him ??????

---------- in india you can not get hold of assault rifle so easily. - the so called gun culture is one of biggest problem for Pakistan - they have to get rid of it. ------- and i really wish Pakistani goverment do it as soon as possible-------

p.s - i never denied - that you can get guns in india or united states or any other country, but its way more diffuclt than getting one in pakistan.

p.s - i never denied - that you can get guns in india or united states or any other country, but its way more diffuclt than getting one in pakistan.

I don't dispute that it is far easier to get an illegal gun in NWFP than in Mumbai.

My point is that criminals don't shop for guns in hardware stores. They have their sources, and they can get weapons if they have got the cash.

Anywhere in the world.
Even Iceland.

The Indian media's desperation is palpable.

Indian media?? Wake up. Here is a clue

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Kashmir girl fights off militants

After getting a humiliating dose of reality check over the Chinese "border intrusion" fiasco, the Indian media is trying to lick its wounds by falling back on the tried and true anti-Pakistan story line.

Anti-Pakistan!! how? Or truth accidently came out? Sheer frustation anyone could see. BTW, I have provided you a non-Indian media link.

And the brainwashed Indian masses are lapping it up pathetically like any Bollywood story.

:blah::blah:

The "news" itself has undergone several variations to try out the most effective propaganda line. In some versions, the intruders are identified as 'gunmen'; in others they become 'militants'; in the more hyperbolic versions they are identified by Indian police :-)rofl:) as none other than high level LeT commanders. :rofl:

Ok. You may choose anyone you wish. But one thing common. A poor Indian (coincidently a muslim belonigng to J&K though we do not see her different than any other Indian) killed one terrorist and injured other. Others were forced to run away.

It couldn't be just a bunch of ordinary criminals, now, could it??? Got to spice up the story and use it to pump up the egos of frustrated basementboi losers playing video games.

yes. Could be. It could be aliens as well. :lol: However all media reports/administration/security is saying they were terrorists.

In their delusions of grandeur, the Indians subconsciously emulate the Americans, acting like they are the regional superpower. They turn every ordinary crime into a terrorism incident to drum up jingoistic fervor. India tried desperately to equate Mumbai with 9/11; the fact that it failed and the rest of the world has mostly ignored Indian theatrics has only deepened Indian frustration.

Seems like ego is hurt. We are regional power whatever you cry about it. But it is offtopic. What has Mumbai has to do with it.

Hey, don't despair, maybe the Indian police ;) will discover that the killed militant was one of the planners of the Mumbai affair. ;) ;)

We are not worriyng my friend. Just cool down. This was not related to Mumbai. It is a fact that a the brave LeT guys were killed by kashmiri who happened to be a muslims as well. I understand what is going on here.

Perception # 18768977
Negative approach is far easy to "approach" in Pakistan then any where in the world, get a life.

dont stoop to such low level - for no reason and no person. i will never accept killing of even a single - paksitani in the name of relgion or jihad - by talebani or blochi or indian raw or any islamic religious organization.

i will never support talebani or bloch. its their own internal matter and if there is any problem going on in pakistan - the answer can not be lifting a gun.

the soultion can only be through peace.

i hope to see same - view from paksitanis . these so called jihadi on all the sides of paksitan .

kashmri , taleban , bloch are not fightign for relgion they are just following violence for their political gain. You can never get heard - with the guns - a peace ful march will give you respect . and a bulelt will only make a worth less piece of shyt terrorist.
:cheers:

Okey Next time i will not read oxymoron things.

Perception # 18768977
Negative approach is far easy to "approach" in Pakistan then any where in the world, get a life.

exactly that's the biggest problem in pakistan. denial of obvious. loool just search the google.

but then again - why should you bother ? ignorance is bliss . . . .

pakistan have their set of problem - if you always keep on saying that current situation are ideal for paksitan then . . . . .

wish you good luck mate ! :cheers:

loool btw - it must be a joke - if you are tryign to say that - its easier to get guns in united states or india or eruope. looooolllll :rofl::rofl:

Would this be the same BBC that copied verbatim, without independent verification, "reports" by Indian media that Musharraf admitted diverting US aid?

A poor Indian (coincidently a muslim belonigng to J&K though we do not see her different than any other Indian) killed one terrorist and injured other.

Wrong. A brave woman killed an attacker with an AK-47. Was he a LeT member, a common criminal, or an off-duty Indian soldier? She doesn't know. All we have is the media's and Indian police's :-)rofl:) statements.

However all media reports/administration/security is saying they were terrorists.

Wrong. Indian media reports (some copied verbatim by Western media) claim that the attackers were LeT members.

We are regional power whatever you cry about it.

Nobody is crying. We actually find it quite amusing every time India's neighbors rebuff her delusions.

loool btw - it must be a joke - if you are tryign to say that - its easier to get guns in united states or india or eruope. looooolllll :rofl::rofl:

See when you deliberately contradict my explicit statements, it doesn't bode well for the discussion.

JIHAD is part of Muslim faith, and it is further beyond the flight of your imagination which seems limited in this regard.

Just as it is part of Indian faith to put these jihadi scum 6 feet under.

As far as we are concerned, we are least interested in the religious scholarly subtlities my friend, nor do we unlike you even try to make the distinction between a "good" and "bad" jihadi.

If it has four legs, barks, and foams at the mouth, its a rabid dog and must be put down. Either by our armed forces ..... or by our common citizens. One way or the other, the jihadi will go down.

Cheers, Doc

Would this be the same BBC that copied verbatim, without independent verification, "reports" by Indian media that Musharraf admitted diverting US aid?

You are calling the news non-credible without any logic or proof.

Wrong. A brave woman killed an attacker with an AK-47. Was he a LeT member, a common criminal, or an off-duty Indian soldier? She doesn't know. All we have is the media's and Indian police's :-)rofl:) statements.

And we don't have any statements/proofs/link from you yet.:chilli:

Wrong. Indian media reports (some copied verbatim by Western media) claim that the attackers were LeT members.

First let us know who cpied who. Indian media copied western media or it is other way around. And what does the statement mean? They were LeT members but they were not terrorists.:hitwall:

JIHAD is part of Muslim faith, and it is further beyond the flight of your imagination which seems limited in this regard.

Bro, please be careful and don't fall into the trap of bringing religion into all this.

Whoever these attackers were -- LeT, common criminals, Indian soldiers -- they deserved what they got. The family was brave and deserve 100% respect.

You are calling the news non-credible without any logic or proof.

I am calling the "news" suspect because of the source's lost credibility, especially in a controversial and sensitive context such as Kashmir.

And we don't have any statements/proofs/link from you yet.:chilli:

The onus of proof is on the party making the claims.

First let us know who cpied who. Indian media copied western media or it is other way around.

Since this is an event in Indian occupied Kashmir, it is fairly safe to assume that the initial source of the "news" was Indian media.

They were LeT members but they were not terrorists.:hitwall:

The only "proof" we have that they were LeT members is a statement by Indian police. Given the nature of the situation in Kashmir, that is a less-than-credible source.

Just as it is part of Indian faith to put these jihadi scum 6 feet under.

As far as we are concerned, we are least interested in the religious scholarly subtlities my friend, nor do we unlike you even try to make the distinction between a "good" and "bad" jihadi.

If it has four legs, barks, and foams at the mouth, its a rabid dog and must be put down. Either by our armed forces ..... or by our common citizens. One way or the other, the jihadi will go down.

Cheers, Doc
Good Luck then, you seriously going to need it when you will be running across the indian territory in search of the people to kill who are looking for their freedom against the suppression of messed up mindset of majority, independence of KASHMIR will be the 1st drop of the rain, good luck again, you going to need it, trust me.

Back
Top Bottom