What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I was looking for Kashmir front line page on facebook were i got latest news from whats going in Kashmir. Kashmiri ppl uploaded pics , vidoes etc taken with mobile etc on that page. Guess what its gone from facebook.

Thats freedom of speech west talking about ? Hiding truth about whats going on in Kashmir ? How can India get page closed ? and no one in western media even noticed that ?

;)

I am sure it would have been moved..Look again and you will find it

I can access the page... could be blocked in your region. Check with your ISP

Victims’ kin say want justice, not money

The Centre has announced it would pay compensation of Rs 5 lakh each to families of the 106 people, most of them teenage boys, killed by police and CRPF in Kashmir in the past three months. But the families are not sure if they will take the money.

Some of the families say they don’t want the money; they only want to see those who killed their children brought to justice. “Is the ex-gratia going to get my son back,” asks Mohammad Ashraf Parray, an auto-rickshaw driver whose 14-year-old son Irshad Ahmad was killed on August 30 near Sherbagh in Anantnag. “My son was killed deliberately by the police. I want justice, nothing else.”

The compensation, Parray says, will do no good. “I don’t want more young boys to die. Instead of the package, the government should address the real issue,” he says.

Abdul Qayoom, whose 17-year-old son Umar was tortured to death, is undecided whether to take the money. “I am still grieving the death of my only son...,” he says. “For me, the first priority is to see that the police officers who tortured my son to death are punished. I have already moved the court.”

Adil Ramzan’s family says they won’t take the money. Adil was killed by police and CRPF men at Pattan on July 30. “My nephew was killed because he was asking for Azadi. Money is no answer to our demand,” says Adil’s uncle Mohammad Ismal, who runs a grocery at Palhalan which has seen nine deaths since June 11. “For us, justice only means the right to self-determination.”

Family of Ishtiyaq Ahmad Khanday, 16, who was killed on June 29, says money won’t heal their wounds. “My cousin and three other boys were shot in the compound of our house. He wasn’t part of any protest, but still he was killed,” says his cousin Asif. “We know the policemen who killed him. For us, the biggest compensation will be if they are punished.”

Victims’ kin say want justice, not money

Woah... shooting teenagers even though they weren't a part of any protest...

The age of the victims 14,17 raises a distressing question - what were these boys who ought to have been studying 8 th and 11 grades in school respectively doing in the violent protests/stone-pelting/arson which caused their death.?

Are they being used as human shields by the other protestors/separatist leaders so that their death can be used to generate more anger and consequently the cycle of violence continues ?

The question also goes back to their parents as to what were they thinking of allowing such young kids to be outside when they know that the situation is volatile and that anything can happen.

PS: I am in no way trying to justify their killing. Just trying to make a point to their parents.

First OIC should ask the Sudanese President (a member of OIC) to stop the genocide going on in Darfur , then ask the Gulf countries to provide a semblance of "Human rights" to their citizens who are nothing but glorified slaves of their monarchs,then ask the Turks to stop butchering the Kurds and then if everything is solved come to lecture India on Kashmir.

India is Banned..along with Israel!Though both claim to be "secular"

Excellent ....thank you OIC for making the job of the general Indian citizen much easier.

BTW doesnt it look a bit ridiculous that a 87% non-muslim country wanted to be a part of OIC in the first place.? :eek:

Kashmir Images :: Details

“Majority wants JK to be independent”

Srinagar: A day after Hurriyat (G) chairman Syed Ali Geelani told a private TV channel that his first choice was that Jammu and Kashmir should accede to Pakistan, pro-independence Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) today asserted that majority of Jammu and Kashmir wants to see the state as an independent entity.
Reacting to Geelani’s assertion that independence was not a practicable solution, JKLF leaders – Bashir Ahmad Bhat, Ghulam Rasool Eidhi, Noor Mohammad Kalwal, Showkat Bakshi, Mohammad Iqbal Gandroo, Javed Ahmad Zargar, Mir Mohammad Zaman, Mohammad Yasin Bhat and others said that several policy groups and media organizations of world have already conduced surveys and studies which have indicated that 85 per cent of the people want independence both from India and Pakistan. (Comment-Ofcourse this is only in the valley where 55% of the population of J&K lives, Jammu and Ladakh are similarly pro-India)
In a statement issued here, the JKLF leaders, without naming Geelani said that a leader of the movement, in an interview to an Indian TV channel had described the option of independence as impracticable.
“The option of independence is not only practicable but a realistic solution to the long pending issue of Jammu and Kashmir,” the statement said, adding if granted independence, water and other resources of Jammu and Kashmir would make it a self reliant state that can rub shoulders with other free nations of the world.
“The concept of independent Kashmir was introduced by Baba-i-Quom Mohammad Maqbool Bhat who sacrificed his life for the ideal and right from 1988 JKLF united the entire nation under the independence slogan,” the statement said.
The statement said that JKLF will respect the peoples’ verdict whether they vote for India, Pakistan or complete independence and added that the leaders should not issue statements that create confusion among the ranks of the people.

So now we will see another round of conflict between these two leaders?

What about the people in P0K.. what do they want? Are they considering to include them in their decisions as well?

Kashmir Images :: Details

“Majority wants JK to be independent”

Srinagar: A day after Hurriyat (G) chairman Syed Ali Geelani told a private TV channel that his first choice was that Jammu and Kashmir should accede to Pakistan, pro-independence Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) today asserted that majority of Jammu and Kashmir wants to see the state as an independent entity.
Reacting to Geelani’s assertion that independence was not a practicable solution, JKLF leaders – Bashir Ahmad Bhat, Ghulam Rasool Eidhi, Noor Mohammad Kalwal, Showkat Bakshi, Mohammad Iqbal Gandroo, Javed Ahmad Zargar, Mir Mohammad Zaman, Mohammad Yasin Bhat and others said that several policy groups and media organizations of world have already conduced surveys and studies which have indicated that 85 per cent of the people want independence both from India and Pakistan. (Comment-Ofcourse this is only in the valley where 55% of the population of J&K lives, Jammu and Ladakh are similarly pro-India)
In a statement issued here, the JKLF leaders, without naming Geelani said that a leader of the movement, in an interview to an Indian TV channel had described the option of independence as impracticable.
“The option of independence is not only practicable but a realistic solution to the long pending issue of Jammu and Kashmir,” the statement said, adding if granted independence, water and other resources of Jammu and Kashmir would make it a self reliant state that can rub shoulders with other free nations of the world.
“The concept of independent Kashmir was introduced by Baba-i-Quom Mohammad Maqbool Bhat who sacrificed his life for the ideal and right from 1988 JKLF united the entire nation under the independence slogan,” the statement said.
The statement said that JKLF will respect the peoples’ verdict whether they vote for India, Pakistan or complete independence and added that the leaders should not issue statements that create confusion among the ranks of the people.

I beleive the honesty and sincerity of Yasin Mallick. Although i am indian but i resepect a lot to Yasin and his values. He is the only one honest person in separatist group who is fighting for the cause...

Family of Ishtiyaq Ahmad Khanday, 16, who was killed on June 29, says money won’t heal their wounds. “My cousin and three other boys were shot in the compound of our house. He wasn’t part of any protest, but still he was killed,” says his cousin Asif. “We know the policemen who killed him. For us, the biggest compensation will be if they are punished.”

This was under investigation and the erring cops have been arrested. Please note that these are local J&K police who are KAshmiri.

Anantnag killings SIT files charge sheet against cop | Kashmir Awareness

ANANTNAG, SEP 25 :Special Investigation Team (SIT) of police investigating the alleged cold blooded murder of three youth by the police here in Anantnag today filed a charge-sheet against a constable for his involvement in the killings.

The three youth Shujat-ul-Islam, Ishtiyaq Ahmad Tantray and Imtiyaz
Ahmad were killed by the police in SK colony area of the town on June 29 this year. Government ordered magisterial enquiry to probe the incident while police constituted a SIT to carry out separate
investigation.

Sources said that the SIT yesterday conducted an identification parade of the ten accused cops into the incident at Dak Banglow Khanabal. They said that during the identification parade which was conducted under the supervision of Judicial Magistrate Dooru Farooq Ahmad Bhat , identified a cop Nisar Ahmad Lone of Budgam.

Sources said that SIT today filed a chargesheet against the cop before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Anantnag Mohammad Ashraf. They said that the cop was shifted to the central jail Srinagar and the next date of hearing into the case has been fixed as 07.10.2010.

Pertinently Judicial enquiry committee headed by the then Assistant Commissioner Revenue (ACR) in its report had indicted five police officials into the incident.

The report had recommended action against five cops including some top officials as per their level of involvement.

Are they being used as human shields by the other protestors/separatist leaders so that their death can be used to generate more anger and consequently the cycle of violence continues ?
The question also goes back to their parents as to what were they thinking of allowing such young kids to be outside when they know that the situation is volatile and that anything can happen.
Not all of them were protesting nor were any being used as human shields:
Family of Ishtiyaq Ahmad Khanday, 16, who was killed on June 29, says money won’t heal their wounds. “My cousin and three other boys were shot in the compound of our house. He wasn’t part of any protest, but still he was killed,” says his cousin Asif.

And do you except them to never go outside as long as they is some danger? That means that you shouldn't ever go outside because they is always a chance of danger the second you leave your house.

Back
Top Bottom