What's new

Kashmir is Indo-Pak Matter: Obama Agrees

Ind4Ever

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Sources are conforming UN as asked Nawaz Sharif to talk with India and solve the issues bilaterally... Am waiting for acknowledgment on this. But US has snubbed Pakistan today. Now conformed by New Indian express :

Kashmir is Indo-Pak Matter: Obama Agrees

By PTI

Published: 29th September 2015 12:50 AM

Last Updated: 29th September 2015 12:53 AM

Email0
  • Obama%20%20ap_1.jpg

President Barack Obama today agreed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi that Kashmir is a bilateral issue. | File/AP
NEW YORK: President Barack Obama today agreed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi that Kashmir is a bilateral issue to be resolved between India and Pakistan as they held talks here during which terrorism emanating from Pakistan also came up.

"There was a broad acknowledgement that this is a bilateral issue between India and Pakistan and people were happy for India and Pakistan to resolve it among themselves," External Affairs Ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup told reporters here when asked whether Kashmir came up during Modi and Obama talks.

Swarup, while briefing on Modi's meetings with Obama as well as UK Premier David Cameron and French President Francois Hollande, said Pakistan came up in the context of terrorism. "There was a discussion on Pakistan in one of the meetings in the context of terrorism, broadly the idea was if terrorism has to be fought then all countries have to be on the same page. You can't have some countries talking of good and bad terrorists," he said.

To a question on why it was taking so long in framing the definition of terror by the UN, Swarup said, "Some, in particular, the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) lobby wants to include freedom fighters for instances in the definition of terrorism."

He said, "Some compromise formulations have been put forward but they have not yet been agreed." He said India hopes that things would move forward in the 70th anniversary of the UN. On ISIS, Swarup said, "There was no discussion on the terror group as such, but Modi himself said that terrorism has to be fought collectively and globally then all the countries have to be on the same page."

Kashmir is Indo-Pak Matter: Obama Agrees -The New Indian Express

This isn't a snub, do people even know what a snub means? The US has always stayed away from this issue.

In order for this to be a snub, the US would have to have agreed at some point, in the recent past that Pakistan has a point, which they've never agreed with. Also, the UN hasn't said that this is a bilateral issue, they didn't even mention the Kashmir issue at all. The UN is simply concerned about the LoC tensions, which they should be.

This isn't a snub, do people even know what a snub means? The US has always stayed away from this issue.

In order for this to be a snub, the US would have to have agreed at some point, in the recent past that Pakistan has a point, which they've never agreed with. Also, the UN hasn't said that this is a bilateral issue, they didn't even mention the Kashmir issue at all. The UN is simply concerned about the LoC tensions, which they should be.

UN not acted! Just asked Pakistan to begin talks with India.

Russia says Honor Shimla Lahore and UFA Pact

US says the same.

China says nothing on Kashmir

All these for full time push by Pakistan.

You call it victory? Or even victory in the making?

UN not acted! Just asked Pakistan to begin talks with India.

Russia says Honor Shimla Lahore and UFA Pact

US says the same.

China says nothing on Kashmir

All these for full time push by Pakistan.

You call it victory? Or even victory in the making?
This isn't about victory or defeat, what are you talking about? Don't be delusional.

The UN asked BOTH sides to begin talks, that includes India. Pakistan has been willing to talk, but without preconditions; India has not.

From what I can tell, Russia has said nothing.

The US has mostly stayed away.

China's silence is expected, but then again they're already on Pakistan's side.

It's just another day at the office. This isn't the end.

Obama called Pakistan a party to the dispute related to India's so called atoot ang. :lol:

Good enough for us. :)

No amount of whining bharatis do will ever change the fact that kashmiris want self determination. It's up to Pakistanis to strengthen their economy, educate the people and strengthen their international standing

Sorry.. Disagree..Snub simply means rejecting / ignoring.. Pak went with a request for US/UN to interfere in Indo Pak dispute on Kashmir / LoC tensions and was told to handle it on its own. Call it what you want.

snub
snʌb/
verb
  1. 1.
    rebuff, ignore, or spurn disdainfully.
    "he snubbed faculty members and students alike"
    synonyms: insult, slight, affront, humiliate, treat disrespectfully;

No amount of whining bharatis do will ever change the fact that kashmiris want self determination. It's up to Pakistanis to strengthen their economy, educate the people and strengthen their international standing
And no amount of jumping done by Pakistanis will change the fact that the bogey of Kashmir Self determination is long dead and buried as far as the world is concerned.

Sorry.. Disagree..Snub simply means rejecting / ignoring.. Pak went with a request for US/UN to interfere in Indo Pak dispute on Kashmir / LoC tensions and was told to handle it on its own. Call it what you want.

snub
snʌb/
verb
  1. 1.
    synonyms: insult, slight, affront, humiliate, treat disrespectfully;
Read your own comment, the definition...

"
snub
snʌb/
verb
  1. 1.
    synonyms: insult, slight, affront, humiliate, treat disrespectfully;[/QUOTE]
"

None of this was done are a rebuff, or in disdain, nor was Pakistan's calls ignored. This was par for the course. In context, my definition stands.

None of this was done are a rebuff, or in disdain, nor was Pakistan's calls ignored. This was par for the course.
surely not in disdain, but a request by a head of state turned down by the other comes as close to a snub as it can be. Specially on matters as tricky as India- pakistan. But I am not to particular on the semantics of the word per se. Just that the bogey of raising Kashmir issue in UN and the so called proof of Indian support to terrorism in pakistan is turning out to be what it was suspected to be from the beginning.. A bag of hot air..

It is a snub, although it is not a new one. Pakistan has always been advocating for third party involvement in the issue. Your govt tries to raise it in every international forum possible and even in bilateral talks with the US.

It is a snub, although it is not a new one. Pakistan has always been advocating for third party involvement in the issue. Your govt try to raise it in every international forum possible and even in bilateral talks with the US.
This is not a snub, why don't people understand what snub means?

This is not a snub, why don't people understand what snub means?

Snub: to ignore (someone) in a deliberate way.

Pakistan's request of third party involvement has been repeatedly ignored, therefore it is a snub but as I said before there is absolutely nothing here that has not been done before. In other words, Pakistan gets snubbed over and over again on the Kashmir issue.

Snub: to ignore (someone) in a deliberate way.

Pakistan's request of third party involvement has been repeatedly ignored, therefore it is a snub but as I said before there is absolutely nothing here that has not been done before. In other words, Pakistan gets snubbed over and over again on the Kashmir issue.
I've already explained this, why don't people read my comments?

I've already explained this, why don't people read my comments?

I read it and it makes no sense. Pakistan tries to internationalize the issue at every opportunity it gets. Nawaz Shariff raised it with Ban Ki Moon as recently as yesterday. He or any other Pakistani leader does the same when they meet with US leaders. Therefore the use of the word snub is appropriate here IMO. Anyway, I don't want to get drawn into a long argument on semantics, so I am out.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom