What's new

Karzai wants US to protect Afghanistan from Pakistan

Karzai is a very funny man. Always demanding help from one person or the other. I laughed so much at his ridiculous demands.

The Americans are only there to ensure there is no attack on American territory ever again by the Taliban, Al Qaeda or any other such group. The Americans are not interested in seeing a developed Afghanistan. Their concern is only the protection of its own people. Karzai is frustrated but he should have realized long ago he was just a pawn to be used and discarded.

Karzai wants US to protect Afghanistan from Pakistan

US wants Pakistan to Protect Afghanistan from Taliban

India wants Pakistan to protect it from Let.

Why cant countries control their territories at their own?

It looks like Karzai is becoming more frustrated and nervous now since NATO announced its withdrawal in the end of 2014. He is seeking foreign ties but nothing achieved. I think it's time for him to go home.

He was always like that. Does Afghanistan have a future? Unfortunately I don't have great hopes. Too many factions, too much infighting and too much intolerance.

It looks like Karzai is becoming more frustrated and nervous now since NATO announced its withdrawal in the end of 2014. He is seeking foreign ties but nothing achieved. I think it's time for him to go home.

may his next home be some slum in hindistan....we dont want him and i doubt he'll last long in a-stan

may his next home be some slum in hindistan....we dont want him and i doubt he'll last long in a-stan

Afghanistan is not a province of Pakistan.

There is no complete withdrawal from Afghanistan, they are staying until 2024, only combat troops are leaving. The Afghan security forces has already taken the full control of the country.

2h4amno.jpg

Karzai is a very funny man. Always demanding help from one person or the other. I laughed so much at his ridiculous demands.

The Americans are only there to ensure there is no attack on American territory ever again by the Taliban, Al Qaeda or any other such group. The Americans are not interested in seeing a developed Afghanistan. Their concern is only the protection of its own people. Karzai is frustrated but he should have realized long ago he was just a pawn to be used and discarded.

The Americans came in to hunt AQ and ended up fighting the Taliban and trying to save Afghanistan - I am sure they never bargained for this. You guys did your part and kept them embroiled as long as possible too. They are leaving back an anti Pakistan Afghanistan.

Karzai is desperate to hold on to power.

This was the same man that threatened the US that he will join the taliban, if he doesn't win election.

The Americans came in to hunt AQ and ended up fighting the Taliban and trying to save Afghanistan - I am sure they never bargained for this. You guys did your part and kept them embroiled as long as possible too. They are leaving back an anti Pakistan Afghanistan.

Not anti Afghanistan actually! An anti Pakistan govt made of karzai and northern alliance supported by india, do you know that northern alliance was pro Russia and anti Taliban and Pakistan already, when the US leaves the northern alliance backed incompetent afghan army and karzai govt will fall sooner or later with no support, northern alliance only controlled three northern provinces of Afghanistan and they were minority while taliban controlled rest of the country before US invasion, with no US backing they will crumble and break because taliban are still stronger than them and they will hit hard at them.

Not anti Afghanistan actually! An anti Pakistan govt made of karzai and northern alliance supported by india, do you know that northern alliance was pro Russia and anti Taliban and Pakistan already, when the US leaves the northern alliance backed incompetent afghan army and karzai govt will fall sooner or later with no support, northern alliance only controlled three northern provinces of Afghanistan and they were minority while taliban controlled rest of the country before US invasion, with no US backing they will crumble and break because taliban are still stronger than them and they will hit hard at them.

Dude, you are senior member, dont let patriotism cloud your analysing of a situation - the taliban have been reduced to a hit and run terrorist group and this time round like last time PA and other armed Pakistani mujahadeen cannot be sent to their aid to fight a civil war in AFG. Last time the US and petro dollars flowed into Pakistan to foment the civil war and this time round Pakistan is under watch and is being monitored and not in a financial situation to repeat the same that was done in the 90's - the best the Haqqanis and taliban can do is blow up civilians and use suicide bombers.

TTP have scored more hits in Pakistan in the last few years compared to Afghans killed by Taliban and haqqani network including more Pakistani forces compared to Afghan forces but have they been able to run down whole Pakistan? the best they can do is hold on to the tribal north - the same will happen with Taliban, they will hold on to their strong hold areas and occasionally blow themselves up in city centers.

As James Dobbins said the taliban are in no position to take over AFG and neither are the ANA in any position to completely exterminate the taliban.

Back
Top Bottom