What's new

Karrar Main Battle Tank

brlfc1969

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

new member and first time poster here. Could some of the more knowledgeable members provide an insight into the effectiveness of the Iranian Karrar MBT. How does it compare with what the neighbouring countries have. Has it been used in Syria. Is it available for export. Thanks.

Hello,

new member and first time poster here. Could some of the more knowledgeable members provide an insight into the effectiveness of the Iranian Karrar MBT. How does it compare with what the neighbouring countries have. Has it been used in Syria. Is it available for export. Thanks.
Our understanding very limited on the topic. It looks ti be a very good tank with in paper specs matching t90 latest ones. But iran is a complicated place and information on their systems is not discolsed publically even if pakistani turkish or americans know about it. We as pakistaniz respect iran and want to see it powerful and stable. Most of the pakistaniz dont care much about shia or sunni divison (Most not all) .

However iran didn't have a very good industrial base for tanks unless russians helped them in some way even education and research training would be good. Then it is very possible that they modified t-72 or t90 chasis and improved on it.

Although karrar MBT looks like something out of a scifi tank simulator game. No one can be sure until it is put on the battlefield.

I don't think there is any iranian armored divisions in syria.

Our understanding very limited on the topic. It looks ti be a very good tank with in paper specs matching t90 latest ones. But iran is a complicated place and information on their systems is not discolsed publically even if pakistani turkish or americans know about it. We as pakistaniz respect iran and want to see it powerful and stable. Most of the pakistaniz dont care much about shia or sunni divison (Most not all) .

However iran didn't have a very good industrial base for tanks unless russians helped them in some way even education and research training would be good. Then it is very possible that they modified t-72 or t90 chasis and improved on it.

Although karrar MBT looks like something out of a scifi tank simulator game. No one can be sure until it is put on the battlefield.

I don't think there is any iranian armored divisions in syria.
Thanks Foxtrot Delta, for the informed and balance reply.

Iran militias, Syrian militias, Iraqi militias, and Syrian army tested T-90 in Syria.

Then there was talk that Army was going to buy T-90 and suddenly then it was retracted and they said they will make their own.

I think that points to some type of dispute with Russia over Iran copying T-90 technology (with or without consent). There may or may not be some type of Russian involvement in this project (ToT, blueprints, license, etc.)

Nonetheless, the Karrar project appears to be a modernization project to bring T-72 tanks (of which Iran has hundreds) to modern level of performance with similar performance traits as Russian T-90.

It should fulfill Iran’s need for a modern battle tank for the next 10-15 years, while a more advanced next gen tank is developed.

Okay just what happen this Tank now last time I heard about 800 being mass produced so what happen?

Okay just what happen this Tank now last time I heard about 800 being mass produced so what happen?

another propaganda from IRI , nothing more ... they are more interest to steal Iranian money and send it to UK/Canada/ etc... than spending money for Iran or Iranians ....

For now T72S tanks are being upgraded to Karrar standard.
50% budget reduction from defense ministry in the next year bill means many projects will be suspended again.

For now T72S tanks are being upgraded to Karrar standard.
50% budget reduction from defense ministry in the next year bill means many projects will be suspended again.
If that's true than why we haven't seen a single Karrar tank until now? Last footage was taken Last year

If u have a big doodool, you dont need to pull it out alll the time and show it to people..... u just need to put the end of it on your sock, and make sure it doesnt poke out at the other end.

Nothing happened they are first required to upgrade all their T-72's to Karrar and then start production of more T-72 Chassis to build more Karrar's around

The upgraded T-72B of the Ekhtedar 40 exhibition has a different ERA package at the glacis compared to the Karrar, more T-90SM like.

The upgraded T-72B of the Ekhtedar 40 exhibition has a different ERA package at the glacis compared to the Karrar, more T-90SM like.
Do you have the picture

Back
Top Bottom