What's new

Karnataka plans teaching Gita in schools.

Bhagbat Gita too serious for school,they should teach stories from PanchaTantra .

Who says religion is already not there in schools..?

In every missionary school you have to compulsorily recite Bible in morning prayer irrespective of your religion and there are separate classes for it also.

As long as this is optional for Muslim and Christian children, there is nothing wrong in it

I think you ended up in a fundamentalist missionary school. I also went to a missionary school. There was bible studies, but only for Christian students.

Slowly but surely the Hindu Republic of Bharat has been coming out of the shadows since the Partition.

Was the problem? I had to read the bible and sing hymns in school did me no harm but infact i learn't about other religions so im better for it.

Was the problem? I had to read the bible and sing hymns in school did me no harm but infact i learn't about other religions so im better for it.

You learnt about other religions but did the others learnt about yours. Religious tolerance is not a one way street. Either everyone learn about each other's religion in school or ban religion altogether from educational institutions..I am in favor of the latter.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Slowly but surely the Hindu Republic of Bharat has been coming out of the shadows since the Partition.

Don't worry sane minds will stop it in their tracks siting Pakistan's disastrous example of mixing religion with everything.

Stupid Karnataka Govt.. first they give reservations to muslims in Government jobs and then they plan to teach Gita in schools..

the problem today is not that the kids need religion in their lives . but an education .
today teachers are commercial and so are most schools , i have met a lot of them and they are not of the caliber of the ones that taught me . the students have a lot more to learn than we did , and a lot less time and without the support we had from our teachers .

give the kids an education . forget religion .

good work Karnataka :cheers: teach also manu samrati , and maha bharata , let the people know what is actually written in these books.

forget it.. one Pakistan is enough for world..

oh why forget you already suggested to add it , what a hypocrisy backing off now from your statement.

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom