What's new

Karnataka Election Results Thread

32913814_2126875387571040_2007956842205937664_n.jpg

LOL, looks like even English wasn't a subject in the RSS shakha - hahahhaha - too much time dunking your head in a bucket of cow dung when not ogling at the cows. hahaha

The Suvvar Cola Drinker admits Congress brought in Emergency and destroyed institutions and was ousted by electorate.
YET - he turns around and claims it's the BJP which is destroying the institutions.

Must be some sickular suvvar cola effect.

Looks like basic common sense is not one of the attributes of these Suvvar lickers,

The Suvvar Cola Drinker admits Congress brought in Emergency and destroyed institutions and was ousted by electorate.
YET - he turns around and claims it's the BJP which is destroying the institutions.

Must be some sickular suvvar cola effect.

Looks like basic common sense is not one of the attributes of these Suvvar lickers,
LOL - Hindu Talibani never ceases to be off his gau mutra - hahahaa. Still doesn't understand that if something that happened in 1975 is repeated in 2018 - it is still wrong. LOL - poor little simple Sanghi.

LOL - Hindu Talibani never ceases to be off his gau mutra - hahahaa. Still doesn't understand that if something that happened in 1975 is repeated in 2018 - it is still wrong. LOL - poor little simple Sanghi.

Why are you even bothering to reply to these dungheads? They have either lost their ability to think in Modi's slavery or they're being paid to spread their filth on the internet. In either of these cases, you're only wasting your time. Most of the good Indian members have already left this forum. I can't remember a time before 2014 when Indians on this forum were so hell bent on defending the Congress govt, and that includes INC members like @jbgt90. Just ignore these Modi dung beetles, they have become such slaves that if Modi or Amit Shah comes and takes a dump on their dinner plates they'll eat it thinking it's prasad from bhagwan. For them Modi slavery is more important than the nation. But I am glad that slowly more and more people are starting to see through Modi's deceptions. The outlook is not as bleak as it was a couple of years ago. Many bhakts are realizing the great prank Modi has pulled on them.

Karnataka Live | Yeddyurappa resigns; BJP calls Rahul’s statement ‘laughable’

May 19, 2018 11:27 IST
Updated: May 19, 2018 18:11 IST

Yeddyurappa%20resignsjpeg

BJP leader B.S.Yeddyuappa submits his resignation letter to Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala | Photo Credit: K. Bhagya Prakash

" I am not moving this motion. I will go straight away to Raj Bhavan and submit my resignation."
Newly sworn-in Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa resigned on the floor of the Vidhan Soudha on Saturday ahead of a floor test to prove BJP's numbers in the Assembly.

Mr. Yeddyurappa gave an emotional speech in the House and said he was not moving the motion, but instead would go to the Governor to submit his resignation.

The proceedings of the House were telecast live, as per the Supreme Court order on Friday. Senior BJP MLA K.G. Bopaiah, had been appointed as the Pro Tem Speaker to oversee the proceedings.

BJP, with 104 seats, was seven short of the required number of 111.

The Congress with 78 MLAs, the JD(S) with 36 and three others were also individually not in a position to form the government.

But with BJP now exiting the picture, the Congress-JD(S) combine has 114 seats, more than the required number.

Live updates:

6 p.m.
Yeddyurappa respects democracy, says BJP
“Today Yeddyurappa has taught the world how to respect democracy. He has touched the people,’ says Union Minister Prakash Javadekar in a press conference.

“Rahul Gandhi said that the Congress has defeated BJP. BJP has defeated Congress. We had 40 seats earlier and now we have 104. From 122 seats, Congress came down to 78,” he added.

“The sitting Chief Minister lost. 14 Ministers have lost. Rahul Gandhi’s statement is laughable. Congress has adopted a strategy of ‘spit and run,’” he says.

“Congress and JD(S) are in an alliance now. But during campaigning they insulted the JD(S). It is an opportunistic alliance. It has now been proved that JD(S) is the B team of the Congress,” said the Information and Broadcasting Minister.

5.20 p.m.
Not in a hurry to form govt, says Kumaraswamy
JD(S) leader H.D. Kumaraswamy said the Congress-JD(S) combine was not in a hurry to form the goverment, according to PTI.

"We are waiting for invitation from governor," Mr. H.D. Kumaraswamy said.

Victory of the regional front, says Mamata Banerjee
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the fall of the three-day-old BJP government was a “victory of the regional front” and of democracy.

“Democracy wins. Congratulations Karnataka. Congratulations DeveGowda Ji, Kumaraswamy Ji, Congress and others. Victory of the ‘regional’ front (sic),” she said in a tweet.

Akhilesh Yadav demands Centre's resignation
Samajwadi Party leader Akhilesh Yadav tweeted saying the BJP should resign at the Centre on moral grounds.

"Today is the day of victory for the Opposition instead of money power. Those who claim to buy everybody have got this lesson today that there are still people left in India's politics who do not consider politics as business like them. The central government should resign on moral grounds," he tweeted.

5.10 p.m.
Yeddyurappa resignation victory for rule of law: Siddaramaiah
Former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah termed the resignation of Mr. Yeddyurappa without facing the floor test as “a victory of the Constitution of India and rule of law”.

The BJP not only misused constitutional offices like that of the Governor, but also tried every dirty trick in the book to woo our MLAs by even offering them bribe, which has been exposed with evidence, he said. “I am very proud that our MLAs did not fall prey to them and did not let communal forces capture power in the State."

4.50 p.m.
Rahul Gandhi addresses media
Congress president Rahul Gandhi addressed the media after BJP leader Yeddyurappa's resignation ahead of the floor test.

Mr. Gandhi did not mince words, saying BJP president Amit Shah and Prime Minister Narendra Modi had disrespected the institutions in the country and the people's will.

Rahul%20Gandhijpeg

Congress president Rahul Gandhi, along with spokesperson Randeep Surjewala, addresses a press conference at the party headquarters in New Delhi on May 19, 2018. | Photo Credit: Shiv Kumar Pushpakar

"Did you notice, that after the entire exercise in the Vidhana Sabha in Karnataka, the BJP legislators and the Speaker chose to get up and leave the House before the National Anthem. Did you notice that?"

"In a way, this is what we are fighting today - the idea that you can rubbish every single institution and disrespect everyone in this country, simply because you are in power. This is something BJP and RSS does again and again. Mr. Amit Shah and Mr. Narendra Modi disrespected the institutions in the country, be it the Supreme Court, the Vidhana Soudha or the Parliament. They disrespected the people's mandate in Goa, Meghalaya, Manipur."

"I'm happy they've been shown that the institutions in this country are bigger than them, bigger than their power and money. And I'm very happy that they've been shown that in India, the will of the people is everything."

Mr. Gandhi gives his best wishes to Mr. Kumaraswamy, Mr. Siddaramaiah and Mr. Deve Gowda.

"I hope the BJP and the RSS learn their lessons from this, that you cannot disrespect the will of the people in the country."

"The idea that the PM is fighting corruption in the country is a blatant lie. He is the corruption."

“My message to the Prime Minister is that he is not bigger than India. And I doubt he will understand,” he says.

"Everybody in this country knows that the PM's model of leadership is not democratic but one of dictatorship," says Mr. Gandhi.

4.40 p.m.
’Operation Lotus’ fails, democracy wins in Karnataka: Congress
The BJP’s “Operation Lotus” to poach legislators from other parties has failed and democracy has won in Karnataka, the Congress said soon after Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa announced his decision to resign without facing a trust vote today.

Lotus is the poll symbol of the BJP.

’Operation Lotus’ fails! #BSYeddyurappa remains 2 day CM as the country predicted, breaking his own record of being 7 days CM. Democracy Wins! Constitution Wins!(sic) Congress’s chief spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala tweeted.

Former Union minister P Chidambaram also said that the democracy in Karnataka was saved for time being .

Poor Mr Yeddyurappa. When the puppeteers fail, the puppet falls and breaks, he said on Twitter without naming the BJP’s central leadership.

- PTI

4.20 p.m.
Would like to thank the judiciary: Ghulam Nabi Azad
Would like to thank and congratulate the judiciary, the Supreme Court, who once again rose to the occasion, says Ghulam Nabi Azad, addressing the media outside Vidhana Soudha.

"Governor had given BJP 15 days to prove their majority, for horse trading. But the SC said, we see no reason why BJP should be given so many days. Honourable Governor knew BJP did not have so many numbers, so he wanted to give them a long rope," says Mr. Azad.

" A lot of our leaders were approached by BJP. BJP tried to lure them with all kinds of inducements, but our leaders rejected them ouright. This is a victory of democracy, the Constitution of India and rule of law. Now we are waiting eagerly that the honourable Governor will invite Mr. Kumaraswamy to form the government," says Mr. Azad.

4 p.m.
Yeddyurappa resigns on the floor of the House
Mr. Yeddyurappa says he will voluntarily support the Congress-JD(S) government. "I travel across the state, we will win all 228 seats in 2019. I thank people for their support in the election. I respect the mandate of the people for the development of the State."

"I will give my life to the people. Some poeple said they would die if people do not give them power. But I am not like that. I will die for my people"

"I will go before the public and seek their support. I am not moving this motion. I will go straight away to Raj Bhavan and submit my resignation."

The House has been adjourned.

http://www.thehindu.com/elections/k...ys-congress/article23936020.ece?homepage=true

The BJP had emerged as the single largest party in the state assembly polls, winning 104 seats.

The BJP’s “Operation Lotus” to poach legislators from other parties has failed and democracy has won in Karnataka, the Congress said soon after Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa announced his decision to resign without facing a trust vote on Saturday.

“‘Operation Lotus’ fails! #BSYeddyurappa remains 2 day CM as the country predicted, breaking his own record of being 7 days CM. Democracy Wins! Constitution Wins!(sic),” Congress’s chief spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala tweeted.

Former Union minister P Chidambaram also said that the democracy in Karnataka was saved for time being .

“Poor Mr Yeddyurappa. When the puppeteers fail, the puppet falls and breaks,” he said on Twitter without naming the BJP’s central leadership.

Apparently falling short of a simple majority, Mr. Yeddyurappa, who was sworn in as the Chief Minister, announced on the floor of the House that he would not face confidence vote and that he was going to resign.

The BJP had emerged as the single largest party in the state assembly polls, winning 104 seats.

The Congress and the JD(S) won 78 and 37 seats respectively and announced a post-poll alliance as they staked claim to form government.

‘Operation Lotus’ refers to the BJP’s move during Mr. Yeddyurappa’s previous tenure as the chief minister to make MLAs of other parties resign and contest the elections and win again as the candidate of the saffron party.

The BJP’s “Operation Lotus” to poach legislators from other parties has failed and democracy has won in Karnataka, the Congress said soon after Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa announced his decision to resign without facing a trust vote on Saturday.

“‘Operation Lotus’ fails! #BSYeddyurappa remains 2 day CM as the country predicted, breaking his own record of being 7 days CM. Democracy Wins! Constitution Wins!(sic),” Congress’s chief spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala tweeted.

“Poor Mr Yeddyurappa. When the puppeteers fail, the puppet falls and breaks,” he said on Twitter without naming the BJP’s central leadership.

Apparently falling short of a simple majority, Mr. Yeddyurappa, who was sworn in as the Chief Minister, announced on the floor of the House that he would not face confidence vote and that he was going to resign.

The Congress and the JD(S) won 78 and 37 seats respectively and announced a post-poll alliance as they staked claim to form government.

‘Operation Lotus’ refers to the BJP’s move during Mr. Yeddyurappa’s previous tenure as the chief minister to make MLAs of other parties resign and contest the elections and win again as the candidate of the saffron party.

http://www.thehindu.com/elections/k...-trust-vote/article23935891.ece?homepage=true
His resignation will pave the way for formation of a government led by JD(S) State chief H.D. Kumaraswamy, who has the backing of the Congress.
The three-day old B.S. Yeddyurappa government in Karnataka collapsed on May 19, with the Chief Minister announcing his decision to resign without facing a trust vote.

The Supreme Court on May 18 ordered a floor test in the Karnataka Assembly at 4 p.m. on May 19, drastically slashing the 15-day window given by Governor Vajubhai Vala to Mr. Yeddyurappa to prove his majority.

“I am going to resign as chief minister.... I will go to Raj Bhavan and submit my resignation.

“I will not face confidence vote... I am going to resign,” he told the Assembly after a brief emotional speech.

Mr. Yeddyurappa said he would now “go to the people”.

His resignation will pave the way for formation of a government led by JD(S) State chief H.D. Kumaraswamy, who has the backing of the Congress. The newly formed alliance has claimed support of 117 MLAs in the 224-member House with an effective strength of 221.

Polling for two seats was not held due to various reasons, while Mr. Kumaraswamy won from two places.

anticlimax :o:

One minute silence for all Sanghis...... Democracy is saved. Yedurappa resigns.
Dont celebrate too soon. et es a JDS govt, not your master's. Chances are wll not last full term with Gowda breathing down congress neck all the time. Meanwhile keep pork wine handy

Why are you even bothering to reply to these dungheads? They have either lost their ability to think in Modi's slavery or they're being paid to spread their filth on the internet. In either of these cases, you're only wasting your time. Most of the good Indian members have already left this forum. I can't remember a time before 2014 when Indians on this forum were so hell bent on defending the Congress govt, and that includes INC members like @jbgt90. Just ignore these Modi dung beetles, they have become such slaves that if Modi or Amit Shah comes and takes a dump on their dinner plates they'll eat it thinking it's prasad from bhagwan. For them Modi slavery is more important than the nation. But I am glad that slowly more and more people are starting to see through Modi's deceptions. The outlook is not as bleak as it was a couple of years ago. Many bhakts are realizing the great prank Modi has pulled on them.

look who s talking of slavery now!? life long dynasty slaves :sick::angry: secularism s just a facade for you hard core sly communals

Dont celebrate too soon. et es a JDS govt, not your master's. Chances are wll not last full term with Gowda breathing down congress neck all the time. Meanwhile keep pork wine handy

look who s talking of slavery now!? life long dynasty slaves :sick::angry: secularism s just a facade for you hard core sly communals

Don't worry - have faith in Amit bhai.

You appear to be a decent poster, so I am replying to you. The man on your avatar, AB VAjpayee, someone who I always supported, would be as disgruntled as Yashwant Sinha at what these two Gujju crooks are doing to BJP, and indeed to India. All the old timers are on the same boat, they're just staying out of the limelight unlike Y Sinha. There is an atmosphere of fear within BJP itself, and outside of a few yes men, they'll pounce on these two crooks as soon as the opportunity arises. You lot are drunk in power after a brief period of success, the fall wouldn't be so sweet.

Pappu slaves never left, they are always here finding an opportunity.

Not just the cows !!!!

will stop here, before sanghis cry foul !!!
Let's drop the word Sanghi. As if Hindus don't worship here? :haha:

Hinduism is the problem. Let the cat come out of the bag.

well fart is better than shit.
Congress needs to do much more. They have been abandoning us for quite some time now. Soft Hindutva to any extent is not acceptable.

Just you wait. Let us come back in power. Will see about your precious consolidated Hindu votebanks and your beloved temples. This is the turning point. The backward anti human 'way of life' is on its way to become a relic of the past.

Mr. Yeddyurappa said he would now “go to the people”.
He should now seek refuge in Nepal.
Fellow Sanghis should follow suit. All of them. Out of India. To Nepal.

You appear to be a decent poster, so I am replying to you. The man on your avatar, AB VAjpayee, someone who I always supported, would be as disgruntled as Yashwant Sinha at what these two Gujju crooks are doing to BJP, and indeed to India. All the old timers are on the same boat, they're just staying out of the limelight unlike Y Sinha. There is an atmosphere of fear within BJP itself, and outside of a few yes men, they'll pounce on these two crooks as soon as the opportunity arises. You lot are drunk in power after a brief period of success, the fall wouldn't be so sweet.
This time the fall will be so strong, the ground under Somnath will shake again. ;)

When you worship stuff that you should not, it messes with your head.
Sanghis are diseased. That is all.

If only those voting for BJP left Karnataka, the state would be a much better place for the rest of us.

Let's drop the word Sanghi. As if Hindus don't worship here? :haha:

Hinduism is the problem. Let the cat come out of the bag.

Congress needs to do much more. They have been abandoning us for quite some time now. Soft Hindutva to any extent is not acceptable.

Just you wait. Let us come back in power. Will see about your precious consolidated Hindu votebanks and your beloved temples. This is the turning point. The backward anti human 'way of life' is on its way to become a relic of the past.

He should now seek refuge in Nepal.
Fellow Sanghis should follow suit. All of them. Out of India. To Nepal.

This time the fall will be so strong, the ground under Somnath will shake again. ;)

When you worship stuff that you should not, it messes with your head.
Sanghis are diseased. That is all.

If only those voting for BJP left Karnataka, the state would be a much better place for the rest of us.

See, How decent and secular this human being s. Now wonder he supports Congress, Congress supports him and Liberals love h!m

The exponential rise of BJP !s exactly because of such vermins.
@Jackdaws
Dd you say Hindu Talebans ?

@Joe Shearer
@waz
@Oscar
@jaunty

Last edited:

Brother, Congress and other parties are thinking strategically. Hindu votes need to be divided and Muslim and Christian votes need to be united to defeat the BJP. If Rahul need to make some temple visits to divide the Hindu votes then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom