What's new

Karnataka corner!

Oh, Nice to hear that! Rahul Mangalore huduga na? Mangalurnalli yaav teamig aadtidru avru? Naanu last year vargu follow maadidde CCL na, but have lost interest this year. For an amateur, Sudeep plays and keeps wickets very well.

Nimge madwe aagide anta ne gottirlilla. Maga-giga anta ella kardbitte. Sorry abt that. :lol:
no problem at all :lol:
They used to play together for Mangalore, udupi & kodagu zonal team. matte nanna aliya captained Karnataka under 19 team in volleyball as well.

43y3.jpg

no problem at all :lol:
They used to play together for Mangalore, udupi & kodagu zonal team. matte nanna aliya captained Karnataka under 19 team in volleyball as well.

43y3.jpg
oh, Sooper! :tup: Nam oor kade nu Volleyball is the next popular sport after Cricket. Honalu Belakina Pandyavaligalu aag-aaga nadeeta irtave. Ratri chalinalli kambali hoddgondu nodakku ond thara maja baratte. :lol: Neev kooda enadru adtidra?

Definitely been a while! Quite a few promising players coming up though. K L Rahul and Karun Nair are the brightest spots. Feel bad that Manish Pandey and Mayank Agarwal didn't make the most of their opportunities. And Vinay Kumar continues to do well in Domestic cricket.:-)

No, I am not following CCL. As if it's not enough to tolerate bad acting from our 'Stars', we now have to tolerate bad cricket too?:lol: Are you following it?:eek:

And please watch Lucia Bro, preferably with your family. :yes4:

:azn: I see my surname here, what's up

I have a place in Jayanagar. Bangalore is our adopted home!!! :-)

@ Thread:

The awesome thing about Karnataka is that no one forces their language/culture down anyone's throats.

Exactly. Kannadigas learn Hindi and other languages to cope with the immigrants. While I admire this tolerance, I do think that there are problems with this lackadaisical approach.

@Syama Ayas
Any meet proposal? Count me interested.

Copy that. Just let me know where and when to show up.

@Joe Shearer @Bang Galore

Spare some time out of your schedule for a mug of beer or whatever?

Exactly. Kannadigas learn Hindi and other languages to cope with the immigrants. While I admire this tolerance, I do think that there are problems with this lackadaisical approach.

The locals here are well-versed in both Hindi and English.

Although, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. What I meant is that there is no pressure, direct or implied, to learn the language or adopt the culture in Karnataka.

In contrast, life can quite literally become hell in many Indian cities if you don't speak the language.

lzua.jpg

But it will be against Devegowda!

Mandya, otoh, will be filmy affair with Ramya (congress) vs Upendra( BJP) vs Rakshita(JDS) [possibly]:P

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom