What's new

Kargil was in response to India's role in creation of Bangladesh: Mush

Wtf Mush, it took you 28 years to try to get some payback for Bangladesh !!! Heaven help Pakistan if it has leaders of your caliber :D

If the OP and other Indians that are blind enough not to see the clear instructions and warning to restrict the Indian defence Section to news related to Indian military and equipment.. and not strategic issues or history.. then they should expect warnings.

As for Musharraf.. the Kargil fiasco was his own doing for some last minute idea of military glory. A mistake that was paid only by the valiant troops of NLI who fought with stones to their death.. and to add to their indignity were denied a chance to be returned and buried home.

To add insult to injury.. Musharraf then planned a coup right after Kargil because he knew him and his cohorts were liable to court martial for what they had done.. and so decided it was either his grave or Nawaz..while to this day he blatantly lies about how the coup happened.

If the OP and other Indians that are blind enough not to see the clear instructions and warning to restrict the Indian defence Section to news related to Indian military and equipment.. and not strategic issues or history.. then they should expect warnings.

As for Musharraf.. the Kargil fiasco was his own doing for some last minute idea of military glory. A mistake that was paid only by the valiant troops of NLI who fought with stones to their death.. and to add to their indignity were denied a chance to be returned and buried home.

To add insult to injury.. Musharraf then planned a coup right after Kargil because he knew him and his cohorts were liable to court martial for what they had done.. and so decided it was either his grave or Nawaz..while to this day he blatantly lies about how the coup happened.

Point noted . thanks

and agree with your analysis !

do you buy Musharraf's explanation that Kargil was planned to avenge 1971 ?

d.

I saw you moving 4 threads at least in last few minutes.....

I think he is trying to keep himself relevant in the political scene.....

I always wonder why Gen Musharraf didn't just join politics via one of the leading political parties and get elected to govern Pakistan. In that way, any excursions which he ordered would have been legitimate. He is a rather vocal person and has widespread support. After Kargil and until the 9/11 fiasco, and from my limited readings on him, he did a rather good job of governing Pakistan

I always wonder why Gen Musharraf didn't just join politics via one of the leading political parties and get elected to govern Pakistan. In that way, any excursions which he ordered would have been legitimate. He is a rather vocal person and has widespread support. After Kargil and until the 9/11 fiasco, and from my limited readings on him, he did a rather good job of governing Pakistan

I thought he made a political party and he got himself elected after the coup......correct me if i am wrong @Oscar

And while we are at it,please do not forget that Indian Army also had to pay a very heavy price in men with over 650 officers and ORs KIA and a few thousand WIA................all for the greed and lust for glory of a single man.

Ok..

One succeeded and the other failed miserably.

I wish Mush would shut up & fade away like all old soldiers do.

His blabbering like a village fool is removing the veneer of respectability he had around himself.

Please. He has a LOT of enemies and no political party wants that, and the day facebook likes translate to widespread support is the day Musharraf would not pop in his daily peg.

do you buy Musharraf's explanation that Kargil was planned to avenge 1971 ?

I call a big pile of quail doodoo on that. Kargil had less to do with avenging 71 and more to do with an oft handed thought by the Musharraf Cabal to try and gain some upper hand in Kashmir and their own glory.

General is still find some excuses to cover up his failure.Too bad.

haha When India entered East pakistan, Bangladsh Emerged after mere 13 days of fight. When pakistan entered Kargil They had to run away with humiliation
is insurgency continued for 9 months in which the Mukhti Bani were continuously sent scampering back to India, while India bombarded the East Pakistan borders continuously, as for the war, India attacked the Eaast Pakistan from all three sides on the 21 Nov 1971, and it ended on 16 December 1971 by the unconditional surrender of Pakistan, the battles continued till 18 Dec 1971, hence the time India took was not 13 days rather 27 days, which is equal to roughly 4 weeks, which makes the actual war last for a month, so in short India took 4 weeks to make Bangladesh using an open war, while a total of 9 months were taken including the insurgency operations.

Back
Top Bottom