What's new

Karachiites! Have you ever tried to look at PPP objectively?

A serious question to you and if we can let's avoid the usual charges of racism which does not take any discussion anywhere. We have our differances so let's live with that.

So the question is this -

• BETWEEN 1947 and 1952 there was a massive wave of migration into Sindh that changed the demography in cities like Karachi and Hydrabad into Urdu speaking majorities.

• QUESTION: Would the Urdu community accept another massive wave of migration that might change the demographics in favour of another majority?

Ps. For the sake of argumant let's assume that the 'massive wave' this time is Sindhi speakers. although the principle applies to any ethnic or social group.

@_NOBODY_ I tag you to follow this.
Already happened. Karachi now has the one of, if not the largest pakhtoon population of the world for a city.

The demographics will change and inter community marriages will dilute the lines over time. Till the only identity that remains is Pakistani (hopefully).

In my family there are already many inter marriages with Punjabi community.

she needs to introduce Urdu face here in Karachi if she wants Khi people/media attention. Introduce Mustafa Kamal - he may do magic for PTI as there is no one as competent as him when it comes to Karachi. He can do the work and also can talk on media well.
Nobody like Mustafa Kamal much now.

Karachi was once the capital and pride of Pakistan, have so many fond memories of this great city. Unfortunately, too much political wrangling by all the political parties has ruined this " Roshnion Ka Shahar". PTI is new in the arena here, I would put all the blame on PPP who has deliberately ignored this city and pocketed its corrupt Sindhi vaderas with most of the Sindh budget.
I have many maternal relatives living here, some retired top bureaucrats speaking fluent Sindhi. What I found was that the rural Sindhis had no SHAME in looting and hailed it as their birthright. With a mentality like that, I don't see much future for the Urban areas of Sindh, especially Karachi.
MQM is a spent force and failed to deliver on all occasions. I personally feel that making Karachi a great city can only be achieved by declaring it a FEDERAL TERRITORY and banning all political activities.
Karachi that made all of these minion Arab cities deserves much better, I pray to the Almighty to restore its greatness once more and make it a JEWEL of the Muslim world.

Last edited:
PPP observes that nothing this sort of hostility exists in Punjab nor Punjab government ever faces such hostile opposition/media? This make them angry and frustrated and in result, they take their anger out on Khi/Hyderabad.
A party that punishes a city when it comes to power because the people of that city didn't vote for it is eligible for government? I think NOT.

Asalam Alikum,

Born and bred Karachiite here. A Local Urdu Chap from Karachi.

What was going in my head for days and days, I want to write here.

PPP was formed in November 30, 1967, She is the OLDEST political party of Pakistan.

Her Leader, Bhutto, at one point, was hanged. Since then, she has extensive experience in fighting establishment here and there.

It has her OWN pride and light. You can't deny that. Instead you can see it.

Yes, there are EXTREME Corruption, nepotism and nasty moves by her, much at cost of country and Karachi/Hyderabad.

But there can be some reasons behind it. For example:-

PPP can win over SIndh easily without getting votes from Karachi, right? So why they should work in Karachi? On top of that, you have MQM constantly taunting and shouting on Sindh Government - often giving ethnic color to situations. Don't you think they will lose their will if there is any, to work in Khi?

Now, Look at media coverage of PPP....Constant Negative Bombardment on them....well for right reasons often.

PPP observes that nothing this sort of hostility exists in Punjab nor Punjab government ever faces such hostile opposition/media? This make them angry and frustrated and in result, they take their anger out on Khi/Hyderabad.

What makes you think, considering above mentioned facts, that PPP - dominated by Feudal Lords, will ever work for Karachi/Hyderabad?

The funny thing is PML-N is literally same - just bit better in developing things here and there.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many Urdu Walas in PPP? Some prominent names are:-

Taj Haider,
Shehla Raza,
Murtaza Wahab
Sharmila Faruqi

These all above dudes come on TV and are face of PPP on media...Ever thought about this?

Now, there is a news by Samaa TV - That it is BILAWAL's wish to appoint Murtaza Wahab as administrator Karachi. It may not bring much change in Khi but it is definitely one heck of a move by PPP......Murtaza dude can talk really well on media and since he is Urdu Guy, PPP is hoping that Karachi media won't be as hostile to him as to other ethnicity or Sindhi.

Are you not noticing something? The Karachi media hostility has DRASTICALLY dropped towards PPP after confirmed news of Murtaza getting appointed as administrator. I noticed it again and again.

The BIG NAME Kamran Khan - who keeps a close eye on Karachi issues, was very cordial with Young Educated Murtaza Wahab.

Do you know what Nasir Hussain Shah - Sindhi minister of PPP said on Murtaza Wahab being appointed as administrator Karachi??

Karachi ka beta hai - Urdu Speaking hai.

He said this while giving interview to Aaj Tv - Don't have video of that but I listened/watched that news bulletin.

Here is another news: Karachi dude - Taha Saleem, Urdu chap has been made DC of Central Karachi - My hometown comes here. He is quite active on Twitter and my people are happy to see him over there. They can relate and feel ownership. He is already in touch with prominent Khi chaps.

There are Signs for PTI here when it comes to Karachi/Hyderabad. People of Khi may like Imran Khan and have voted for him but that doesn't mean people here will like other ethnicites dominating Karachi politically. Karachi has seen ethnic violence and still is a sensitive city.

PTI urgently needs Young Smart Urdu Dude to be her face in Karachi/Hyderabad to counter Murtaza Wahab....This is 2021 not 2018 where people will vote whoever PTI brings forward in name of Imran Khan.

PPP's these moves have confused PTI in Karachi. Murtaza Wahab gains more attention of media than Sher Zaman of PTI Karachi. This is bad for PTI

Karachi doesn't have nationalist groups but still we want to vouch for our guy to see if he can PERFORM.

If Young Bilawal wants to have a new start in Karachi then why cannot people of Karachi see him and judge him from new angle?

Hating and criticizing PPP all the time? What did we get out of this? Did establishment help? Did anyone help? Instead we and MQM were just being used against PPP to neutralize her.....That was our total worth for Pakistani state till now. State still deals with PPP and COAS is having telephone call with Bilawal...Woah!

We cannot fight PPP forever...We live in Sindh - cannot fight the party which has remained home party of Sindh for decades.

Too much hostility b/w two - The third guy takes advantage of it and robs both. Happens in Pakistan and world all the time.

I would like to fight for my rights but not at cost of my community is being used and fooled - I WILL HATE that.

Note: I am a two times voter of PTI - waiting for Imran Khan to come into Sindh. I Don't like Feudals and want IK to get complete control over SIndh province......Sindhis vote for PPP because they don't have alternative. Yeah, that's true.

PPP by and large - is a corrupt to core party but if they are giving respect to Karachiites - I say , we should take it....

Putting all eggs in one basket is never a GOOD idea. PPP is a political reality in Sindh and will remain so for foreseeable future. Side with PTI but don't go overboard against PPP.

We need to have a FRESH look at PPP and as far as PTI is concerned, she needs to introduce Urdu face here in Karachi if she wants Khi people/media attention. Introduce Mustafa Kamal - he may do magic for PTI as there is no one as competent as him when it comes to Karachi. He can do the work and also can talk on media well.

@Areesh @mikkix @Syed1. @pakpride00090 @baqai

Get electronic voting systems, and you will know what people really want. Elections are mostly rigged in Pakistan.

Yes.. born and bred Urdu chaap. The reason why urdu speakers were wary of Bhutto is the ridiculous quota system he introduced that was geared to remove this community(and others) from leadership roles and fill it with incompetent buffoons in the name of ethnic fairness.

Second, he continued to undermine the community all the way into his death as did the PPP until the dissolution of the MQM(Which Zia had created to battle PPP). Finally, the community remembers the outright brutality, murder and rape used in the 92 operation authorized by Mohtarma and given tacit support in carrying out the same by PPP thugs.

That being said, there are fervent supporters of Bhutto and Bhutto-ism(whatever the hell that is) in the urdu speaking chanp community.

Karachi needs no more of these ethnofascist and corrupt political parties led by the most corrupt such as in Zardari or MQM leadership while stole millions to run away to Houston and work against Pakistan. It needs its own educated middle class and poor representation that runs the most important city in Pakistan without regard for whatever ethnicity they come from.

Murtaza Wahab appointed by PPP today as Karachi administrator.

This is the same guy who tweets when Sindh government makes a pedestrian bridge as if they did some ehsaan. On top of that he shamelessly takes credit for work done by PTI MNAs and MPAs.

New era of unprecedented development is upon Karachi lol

@PaklovesTurkiye
Nice thread bro. I am supporting your view and in a view to support PPP in future. Question is why?
Establishment military bearucracy hates Karachi or they are not interested in Karachi or Urdu speaking community beacuse mostly our Establishment bearucracy military belongs to Punjabi and some pahari people and their core interest is Punjab always.
We tried Mqm or local karachi party but we saw local party can't function without Sindh Chief minister because of powerless mayor.
We tried PTI a central party but we know now they can't use its power in Karachi due to 18th amendment.
We saw PMLN 2 time as 70% majority PM who has more power than any PM would have in Pakistan but he failed or not interested in Karachi except only in North of Punjab or Lahore.
We never tried PPP in karachi so we should try PPP because:
Establishment only likes and supports PPP beacuse they hate Karachi walas. But when you compared PPP to PMLN military loves PMLN because of ethnicity. Examples of hate were the assassination of PPP 3 big leaders Bhutto, Benazir and Murtaza.
Secondly, only time Karachi had progressed was the time of Musharaf when whole Sindh was united.
So we need united sindh to fight for its rights and progress.
Murtaza Wahab is a good addition. People of Karachi should support him and reject PTI a puppet of establishment.

A serious question to you and if we can let's avoid the usual charges of racism which does not take any discussion anywhere. We have our differances so let's live with that.

• BETWEEN 1947 and 1952 there was a massive wave of migration into Sindh that changed the demography in cities like Karachi and Hydrabad into Urdu speaking majorities.

• QUESTION: Would the Urdu community accept another massive wave of migration that might change the demographics in favour of another majority?

Ps. For the sake of argumant let's assume that the 'massive wave' this time is Sindhi speakers. although the principle applies to any ethnic or social group.

Perhaps you haven't been to Karachi and spewing nonsense as is expected.

Karachi has constantly seen "massive waves of migration" so much so that the highest concentration of Pashtoons in a city isn't Peshawar or Kabul it is Karachi. A major chunk of the population is also ethnic Punjabi or Kashmiri. Also it is your assumption that Karachi was a Sindhi majority city before partition. That is not the case.

Maybe visit the city before running mouth.

Karachiite or Urdu speaking already accepting migration and City has vast majority of Pushtuns and Punjabis. Gwadar is changing towards punjabi populated city/town so what are your views regarding balochi son of soil and migrated punjabis in Gwadar?

Perhaps you haven't been to Karachi and spewing nonsense as is expected.

Karachi has constantly seen "massive waves of migration" so much so that the highest concentration of Pashtoons in a city isn't Peshawar or Kabul it is Karachi. A major chunk of the population is also ethnic Punjabi or Kashmiri. Also it is your assumption that Karachi was a Sindhi majority city before partition. That is not the case.

Maybe visit the city before running mouth.
Unfortunately, this is the type of mentality that suggests that the origins of the muslim league movement and what formed a core strength of it in campaigning should have been just left behind for the nativists. Almost happily ignoring in their excuse of legitimizing their racist mentality the countless contributions of this community from pre-partition to this day.

Karachi was already made up of mixed demographics due to its status as an economic hub and links to Bombay. However, if these mentalities have their way then we need to cleanse Lahore of all its migrants regardless of being Punjabi or not, Peshawar regardless of being Pushtoon or not and definitely take away or suggest to the Uk government that their votes should not matter because these people or their parents migrated in droves to change the demographics of otherwise wonderful native white UK neighborhoods into what their own government terms as crime ridden hell holes.

Karachiite or Urdu speaking already accepting migration and City has vast majority of Pushtuns and Punjabis. Gwadar is changing towards punjabi populated city/town so what are your views regarding balochi son of soil and migrated punjabis in Gwadar?
Both of em will get together, create ethno-nationalist (supposed) left wing parties and cry together

And everyone will ignore em,

They need to realize every city in Pakistan is for any Pakistanis to move into (including any of the Punjab cities-they already have a decent Muhajir population -Lahore, Multan etc)- Thier is even a Muhajir MQM senator from pindi

If you wanna cry, cry but no one's listening

If you create ruckus you'll be dealt with aka MQM...

Last edited:
Is it really okay to change a whole area demographics and expect no reaction back?

in U.K., a boat people migrants from France a dozen or so is causing real anger in the majority white community over here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom