What's new

Karachi LG Law: JI Sit-In outside Sindh Assembly Continues...

PaklovesTurkiye

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Newspaper's Staff Reporter Published January 2, 2022 - Updated a day ago

61cfb5e3f083e.jpg

KARACHI: The protest sit-in of the Jamaat-i-Islami outside the Sindh Assembly against the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Act, 2021 entered the second day on Saturday.

Gawadar Rights Movement leader Maulana Hidayat ur Rehman and representatives of various bodies belonging to the trade and industry, doctors and lawyers and other professions visited the sit-in to express solidarity with protesters.

A large number of people stayed outside the assembly on the New Year’s night despite tough weather and chilling winds.

Sindh JI chief Mohammad Hussain Mehanti addressed the protesters on the second day.

He said the PPP government had failed to serve the province. He demanded empowerment for Karachi and direct election for the city mayor. He warned the Sindh government of province-wide protests.

JI Karachi chief Hafiz Naeemur Rehman said his party would continue the sit-in and women would join the sit-in on Monday.

The PPP government compelled the masses to hold this protest, he added.

He commended the participants in the sit-in for their steadfastness. “Karachi is a city that contributes by 54 per cent in exports, 67pc revenue collection for the centre and 98pc for the province but no one cares about the megalopolis.”

Earlier, Gawadar Rights Movement leader and JI Balochistan general secretary Maulana Hidayat addressed the participants. He said feudal mindset existed in Sindh and Balochistan and people in both the provinces were facing black laws.

He said that Raymond Davis, Abhinandan and Kulbhushan Jadhav were respected in Pakistan but patriotic Pakistani youth, women and children were disrespected just because of the corrupt ruling elite.

He said the JI was against injustices, but supported the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). “It was alleged that the party was against CPEC. I want to make it clear that the JI is not against any project for development and progress,” he said.

He assured the protesters that they would get their due rights if they showed their resolve and unity.

While the sit-in continues, a spokesperson for the JI said that a women workers and supporters of the party would join the sit-in on Monday (today).

Published in Dawn, January 2nd, 2022

https://www.dawn.com/news/1667142/ji-sit-in-outside-assembly-continues

Kudos to them !!!

When it comes to MQM vs Jamat-e-Islami, Many may feel inclined towards MQM but seriously, JI must be supported here...

Rain or no Rain......She has not budged.

Sitting for days and promising to initiate it further ...

Full Marks and Respect !!!

When it comes to MQM vs Jamat-e-Islami, Many may feel inclined towards MQM but seriously, JI must be supported here...

Rain or no Rain......She has not budged.

Sitting for days and promising to initiate it further ...

Full Marks and Respect !!!
Dear Jamati can't save karachi infact they will be the B team of pmln in next election for karachi. Pmln and JI will have an alliance in 2023 election. And the same story will continues.
My view is 1- PPP should take over karachi in full and let urban and rural sindhis should be united under PPP banner or 2- karachi should vote for pti mqm GDA alliance and this alliance needs to win sindh by simple majority.
Otherwise jamati pmln alliance will be fooling Public with the help of establishment.

My view is

1- PPP should take over karachi in full and let urban and rural sindhis should be united under PPP banner

or

2- karachi should vote for pti mqm GDA alliance and this alliance needs to win sindh by simple majority.

These two options are quite intelligent ones and looks like - that's the only way left - for now at least.

Better to join a camp then stuck in middle (uncertainty) which is worst situation to be in for anyone/nation.

Every Karachiite who has some shame left should support this sit-in by Jamat e islami
They should support JI sit in but should not vote to jamatia. Voting jamat is vote wasting and supporting status quo which means powerless karachi.

They should support JI sit in but should not vote to jamatia. Voting jamat is vote wasting and supporting status quo which means powerless karachi.

People can vote for anyone they want to

If Jamat e islami is doing a dharna for my city then I would vote for them too

Jamat has a history of serving this city and they can serve it again

People can vote for anyone they want to

If Jamat e islami is doing a dharna for my city then I would vote for them too

Jamat has a history of serving this city and they can serve it again
Hope they are willing to walk the walk this time
Karachi needs people with stakes inside the city to decide what happens in it

nope!

Fauji Mafia the protector and partner of PPP/Zardari Mafia!
Iss waqt Karachi mai jo bhe halat ho raha hain or jo kuch tabahi or loot mar kr rhi ha iss ka pecha main benefishary shia or quadiani hain iss waqt Karachi mai badtareen shia gardi ho rhi ha or tamam idara bikul khamosh tamashi bana hua hain...

Iss waqt Karachi mai jo bhe halat ho raha hain or jo kuch tabahi or loot mar kr rhi ha iss ka pecha main benefishary shia or quadiani hain iss waqt Karachi mai badtareen shia gardi ho rhi ha or tamam idara bikul khamosh tamashi bana hua hain...
sir sectarian bs ka toh nai maloom but ya jo "idarun" ki khamoshi ya zardari keh sath 2 numberi may partnership hai us ka end result Pakistan keh liye acha nai hona!
end may Pindi boys ney Khi walloon ko terrorist keh keh goliyan marni hain!!

ya dha keh generals apnay partner zardari ko bachanay tank may beth keh aaain gey!

JI turns Karachi protest into family food festival for two days

https://www.dawn.com/news/1670928

:)

Impressive.

Jamat Islami has definitely created pressure on PPP

The Jamaat-e-Islami’s (JI) ongoing sit-in outside the Sindh Assembly against the disputed local government law entered its 24th day on Saturday. The party’s central chief, Sirajul Haq, will address the workers convention at the sit-in today (Sunday).

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/92...or-if-it-claims-to-be-karachi-s-popular-party

Back
Top Bottom