What's new

Kabul taking steps to cut peace deal with Pakistan: Ghani

It's certainly an idea I've thought of myself. Afghanistan has never truly been a united country, the northerners and southerners both consider each other foreigners, so dividing Afghanistan wouldn't really make too much of a fuss, and would likely lead to more stability; the borders would have to be drawn in a sensible way, unlike what the British did in the middle east.

The real challenge would be annexation of territory. Even a divided Afghanistan would be a dangerous region to try and militarily dominate, as an insurgency would be inevitable.

If Afghanistan is to be divided, I've come to the conclusions that the individual parts should be given sovereignty, but under heavily Pakistani political and economic influence, in order to maintain control of stability in the region; Basically, divide and conquer.
Yes I agree that the biggest challenge comes after annexation. I think the insurgency can be taken care of(in time) with a three pronged approach.

1) Don't put foreign boots on the ground
- this has always been the uniting cause for Afghans. They tend to dislike foreign boots on the ground. This would include not just the western forces but also Pak forces.
- the best approach here would be to have police and other security forces made up of Afghans.

2) Get local warlords and tribal leaders on board
- they obviously wouldn't want to give up their power as no human ever does. So it would be best to bring them on board and offer them a piece of the pie. This could range anywhere from giving them positions of power to money, land etc.

3) Educate the population and provide better job opportunities
- this will take time but over a few generations significant improvement would be made
- this is the only long term and permanent way to change the tribal/warlord/gun culture(among other things) kind of lifestyle. This would over time bring peace and stability to region and the Afghan population would better assimilate.

Yes I agree that the biggest challenge comes after annexation. I think the insurgency can be taken care of(in time) with a three pronged approach.

1) Don't put foreign boots on the ground
- this has always been the uniting cause for Afghans. They tend to dislike foreign boots on the ground. This would include not just the western forces but also Pak forces.
- the best approach here would be to have police and other security forces made up of Afghans.

2) Get local warlords and tribal leaders on board
- they obviously wouldn't want to give up their power as no human ever does. So it would be best to bring them on board and offer them a piece of the pie. This could range anywhere from giving them positions of power to money, land etc.

3) Educate the population and provide better job opportunities
- this will take time but over a few generations significant improvement would be made
- this is the only long term and permanent way to change the tribal/warlord/gun culture(among other things) kind of lifestyle. This would over time bring peace and stability to region and the Afghan population would better assimilate.
Right now, it's a pipe dream, you and I will likely not live long enough to see it. Eventually, I do believe that there will be some sort of merger between the two; whether a federation of the two states, or out right annexation, the merger is inevitable, it's only a matter of when, not if.

@El Sidd @PAKISTANFOREVER @Jon-Snow @django @DESERT FIGHTER my Pak Friends,

Stay away from AF..nothing good is going to come out of there....in human terms... Ever!

Only thing good there is the rare earth.... which must be of strategic interest to Pak... I would even advise it to make this Pak National /Security Interest. Pak State can't allow outsiders to dig stuff leaving Pak bleached...

Many ways to manage such little matters.. No mergers or whatnots... stay clear of it. It is not your mess.

All what Pak needs and must get apart from above mentioned interest is that little piece of land up North... by any means necessary. That you guys haven't done this for so long is amazing.

Make that Wall and let someone pay for it. Close the border permanently apart from authorised border crossings with valid visas.

@Khafee my dear friend... your thoughts from military point of view???

Stay away from AF..nothing good is going to come out of there....in human terms... Ever!

Only thing good there is the rare earth.... which must be of strategic interest to Pak... I would even advise it to make this Pak National /Security Interest. Pak State can't allow outsiders to dig stuff leaving Pak bleached...

Many ways to manage such little matters.. No mergers or whatnots... stay clear of it. It is not your mess.

All what Pak needs and must get apart from above mentioned interest is that little piece of land up North... by any means necessary. That you guys haven't done this for so long is amazing.

Make that Wall and let someone pay for it. Close the border permanently apart from authorised border crossings with valid visas.

That's what I've been saying for a long time. Afghanistan and Afghans are like a cancerous leach/disease to the Pakistani nation. We need to keep WELL AWAY from them. The border with Afghanistan needs to be completely sealed and blocked.

Excellent suggestions,,,, the wall is being built let us hope the Yanks help pay for it.Kudos sir

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom