What's new

K5 MISSILE TEST FIRED

I don't think k5 has been fired today. But will be fired anytime. It has been underdevelopment since 1990. We can assume its in advanced stage of development.

The K-15 is a quasi-ballistic missile that can reach altitudes of 40-50km when needed and then make a hypersonic
dive at the target at a speed close to Mach 10. Each Arihant silo contains 3 K-15s for cold-launch.
Nop..

DT SLBM

Which is different from Quasi

this again shows the widening gap between China and india.

we tested land based mid course anti ballistic missile yesterday, india fired a under water missile.

Once again India has chosen a "More difficult than normal" way of doing things....and copied a Soviet Doctrine...
Lets see when these are deployed on subs...

Once again India has chosen a "More difficult than normal" way of doing things....and copied a Soviet Doctrine...

Care to elaborate?

we tested land based mid course anti ballistic missile yesterday, india fired a under water missile.

Congratulations.

Lol dont worry man. One step at a time. :)

China yest tested a mid course ABM yest :tup:

India has already tested an ABM at the height of 80km. In next 2 months India will be testing a new missile called PDV which will kill a missle at a height of 150 to 200 km. Now it is not clear whether it will be midcourse or terminal, we will see. DRDO is deliberately providing wrong information about its missile ranges and capabilities to keep the folks in Europe and USA guessing.

This is the seeker of PDV ready and designed by DRDO:
Ku-band+Active+Radar+Seeker.jpg

After PDV India will move into phase 2 of the ABM development which involves the Satellite killer and midcourse ABMs.

Now this is Indian SLBM with 1500 km range. K4 and K5 with 6000km are underdevelopment and can be tested anytime in coming years.

In febuary this year, India will be testing a long range cruise missile Nirbhay.

China is ahead, but we are making steady progress.

It took CHina 40 years to operationalize a SSBN. It won't take that long for India. At max it will be 20 years..

It took CHina 40 years to operationalize a SSBN. It won't take that long for India. At max it will be 20 years..

Don't forget India has a track record of making things overly complicated for themselves and the "indigenous bug" aka re inventing the wheel bug.

WTF?!?!

This missile is only 1,500km? :lol:

I read on indian media its 700km, which is correct?

I mean we tested out JL-1 in 1982. So congrats on doing something we did 30 years ago :D
Now comes the hard part of deploying it on an SSBN. Lets hope it's an indigenous indian SSBN with 100% indian components.
If it has even 1% foreign component, it's not indian. It's foreign.

Congrats to the Indian scientists and engineers.

Don't forget India has a track record of making things overly complicated for themselves and the "indigenous bug" aka re inventing the wheel bug.

Lol atleast we invent something. Tell me one seeker, engine, Electronic warfare system, nuclear subs or even a simple subcomponenet Made in pakistan?????

WTF?!?!

I mean we tested out JL-1 in 1982. So congrats on doing something we did 30 years ago :D
Now comes the hard part of deploying it on an SSBN. Lets hope it's an indigenous indian SSBN with 100% indian components.

Yes but the technologies in 1982 and 2013 are different.

So 1% foreign components means it is foreign. :lol: WZ10 is an American helicopter becuase CHina had taken help from an american company for some component.

Think twice before you rant. Btw we will talk when K4 is testfired.

Lol atleast we invent something. Tell me one seeker, engine, Electronic warfare system, nuclear subs or even a simple subcomponenet Made in pakistan?????

Yes but the technologies in 1982 and 2013 are different.

So 1% foreign components means it is foreign. :lol: WZ10 is an American helicopter becuase CHina had taken help from an american company for some component.

Think twice before you rant. Btw we will talk when K4 is testfired.

What are specs of K4? K5? And K15?
Any other K-x?

K-15 is part of the family of underwater missiles being developed by the DRDO for the Indian strategic forces’ underwater platforms. DRDO’s Hyderabad-based Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) have developed this ballistic missile. This is the first missile in the underwater category to have been developed by India. Officials said more than 10 trials of the missile have been performed earlier. Today’s was the last development trial of K-15. India is also developing three additional underwater missiles for its submarines, including K-4/5 (3,500 km range), the two-stage, subsonic Nirbhay loitering cruise missile reaching 1,200 km and the Brahmos super-sonic cruise missile 290 kilometres respectively. The Nirbhay was reportedly being prepared for a test flight in February 2013.

WTF?!?!

you think China does not use Russian technology dare me to prove you otherwise?

More difficult than normal path was chosen keeping in mind the requirements for future missile development. Future scramjet powered missiles will fly a depressed path (ht of 20-30 km) that requires advanced material, thermal management and control and guidance technologies to be developed. A major portion of these technologies have been developed for k series missiles (follow a similar trajectory with hypersonic speeds) that will help the HSTDV program that intends to test a scramjet powered vehicle at a height of 30 kms.

One thing is sure..If this missile gets deployed on INS Arihant...Pakistan and China will need Second strike capability as DT SLBM are well known method of launching surprise attack to take out enemy Nuclear assets in the first strike scenario...

becareful with Krait(k-5), very dengorous.....lol, i guess china already got second strike capability....

Back
Top Bottom