What's new

K-5 SLBM: India’s Next Big thing?

Why do not you read and improve your knowledge before commenting?

I dont mind.....mind to learn......
  • depending on the trajectory chosen, typical burnout speed is 4 km/s (2.5 mi/s), up to 7.8 km/s (4.8 mi/s); altitude at the end of this phase is typically 150 to 400 km (93 to 249 mi).

• midcourse phase: approx. 25 minutes—sub-orbital spaceflight with a flightpath being a part of an ellipse with a vertical major axis; the apogee (halfway through the midcourse phase) is at an altitude of approximately 1,200 km (750 mi); the semi-major axis is between 3,186 and 6,372 km (1,980 and 3,959 mi); the projection of the flightpath on the Earth's surface is close to a great circle, slightly displaced due to earth rotation during the time of flight; the missile may release several independent warheads and penetration aids, such as metallic-coated balloons, aluminum chaff, and full-scale warhead decoys.

• reentry/terminal phase (starting at an altitude of 100 km, 62 mi): 2 minutes – impact is at a speed of up to 7 km/s (4.3 mi/s) (for early ICBMs less than 1 km/s (0.62 mi/s)); see also maneuverable reentry vehicle.

I dont mind.....mind to learn......
  • depending on the trajectory chosen, typical burnout speed is 4 km/s (2.5 mi/s), up to 7.8 km/s (4.8 mi/s); altitude at the end of this phase is typically 150 to 400 km (93 to 249 mi).

• midcourse phase: approx. 25 minutes—sub-orbital spaceflight with a flightpath being a part of an ellipse with a vertical major axis; the apogee (halfway through the midcourse phase) is at an altitude of approximately 1,200 km (750 mi); the semi-major axis is between 3,186 and 6,372 km (1,980 and 3,959 mi); the projection of the flightpath on the Earth's surface is close to a great circle, slightly displaced due to earth rotation during the time of flight; the missile may release several independent warheads and penetration aids, such as metallic-coated balloons, aluminum chaff, and full-scale warhead decoys.

• reentry/terminal phase (starting at an altitude of 100 km, 62 mi): 2 minutes – impact is at a speed of up to 7 km/s (4.3 mi/s) (for early ICBMs less than 1 km/s (0.62 mi/s)); see also maneuverable reentry vehicle.

So can you please prove your point that Missile will go 90 Km high and not 900 KM?

After A7, we'll also claim that A8 will have MIRV. Point is, most of the online articles are written by self-proclaimed experts and DRDO or the nation of India at large have no obligation to follow what these experts assume. And the 2nd link is from FAS written by Hans M. Kristensen - it's not an Indian article anyway.

So what's it to you either way? Why are you so obsessed? I asked you this very question a while ago to which I've still not received any answer. I also asked if it was because you were molested by an Indian mob when you were a child? Nothing can possibly explain why a member who claims himself to be Taiwanese is so dangerously obssesed with every minute detail of India.

Lol - prove it.

You can't.

Lol - prove it.

You can't.

All Shaheens (even the present Ababeel) are at some level, actually technologically worse than A3...forget A4/A5. You still can't do without control fins.
Actually yes i can prove it. here read this.
http://in.rbth.com/blogs/stranger_t...usia-helped-deliver-indias-baby-boomer_533849

So can you please prove your point that Missile will go 90 Km high and not 900 KM?

I trying to prove the point that space started from above 100 km, Space station is at 350 KM ,

Leo orbit for satellite start from 300 km , let take Satellite placed in 500 Km leo orbit , then it keeps on moving around the earth , if you placed Missile in that leo orbit with some fuel , you can target any point of earth.

i hope you got the point now.

I trying to prove the point that space started from above 100 km, Space station is at 350 KM ,

Leo orbit for satellite start from 300 km , let take Satellite placed in 500 Km leo orbit , then it keeps on moving around the earth , if you placed Missile in that leo orbit with some fuel , you can target any point of earth.

i hope you got the point now.

Ok but do not say that Agni IV reached only 90 KM and not 900. It can certainly go 900 KM high.

India always talk about MIRV for the next missile. This apply to Agni 3, than 4 and Agni 5. None has MIRV. I won't believe that India has an MIRV until India test one.

And how do you know if we tested this or not?

You jump to conclusion to fast for a person who has no country, we brag a lot but keep few things for ourselves. There will be lots of surprises in store

Hold your horses. Arihant reactor design came from Russia and building it had heavy Russian involvement.

Unlike Pakistan who has a deployed mini nuke Nasr and has Strategic nuke only 40 cm wide and 2 m tall deployed on s-1a and S-3 , India has no such missile.
You are comparing a tactical battle field wepon with a strategic deterrent.. As per your doctrine ,your tactical warhead needs a low yield nuke ranging from single digits to tens of KT.. Miniaturization of high yield strategic thermonuclear nuke with 100-250 KT is not as easy as developing a low yield tactical warhead..
Common sense dictates if India had the bullet they had built the gun but they don't have the bullet so no point in building the gun. Meaning if India had miniaturized nukes they had built MIRV long ago as they do have plenty of space experience.
India's nuclear tech is more advanced than Pakistans.. But many things are drawing us back from testing MIRV s
1. NSG membership..
2. Lack of number of warheads..( survivability of warheads are more important now than MIRV ing.. That's why USA de MIRV all land based missiles when they reduce the warhead number to 1500)
3. SLBMs are still in development stage.. Here survivability is not aajor issue..

Its impossible to MIRV Agni 4 as it's too narrow.
Whoever wrote article about MIRV Agni 4 is an ignorant or fanbou
So you are saying former DRDO chief Vijay Kumar Sarswat is an ignorant fanboy..
NDTV interview:
NDTV: Meaning one missile which can carry many warheads?

Saraswat: Carry multiple warheads. Our design activity on the development and production of MIRV is at an advanced stage today. We are designing the MIRVs, we are integrating it with Agni IV and Agni V missiles, and that would also give us the capability to cover a vast area plus deliver in the event any activity requires a number of payloads at a required place.

The big plus of K series is that they are almost uninterceptable as they do not go to high and start loosing altitude in horizontal flight into the atmosphere and hit the target with a very big warhead of 2 tons with almost no CEP. Generally long range missiles are nuclear tripped as they have big error but big payload and very very high accuracy allows K series to be equipped with conventional warhead to hit enemy target at a long distance.

A-4 is too narrow for MIRV. A-3 at 2 meter width can carry MIRV but India doesn't have small plutonium based fission fusion devices like Pakistan
Lol...India does have plutonium based Fission and fusion devices

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/Nuclearweaponswhohaswhat

https://fas.org/nuke/guide/india/nuke/

And MIRV capability too

https://qz.com/790928/isro-pulls-of...-launches-8-satellites-into-different-orbits/

We just need this tech into a missile

Post pics of Indian small nukes or small nuke capable missiles ? Don't show me Brahmos.
http://www.spsmai.com/military/?id=391&q=India-test-fires-a-shoot-and-scoot-nuclear-missile,-Prahar

There was an article in 2013 stating that India is going to start multiple bomb on a target from mother missile. Initially the test were to be conducted using pilot less aircraft followed by missiles. I did not here anything there after.

More to do with the design of Indian nukes which haven't been miniaturized. MIRV needs miniaturized nukes which India doesn't have

What are you smoking? India's nuclear research and technologies ahead of many others and Pakistan is not even in the league. We are just going to have first commercial FBR in the world.

Visit DAE website. Our spending and research areas are 10 times more than yours. Use common sense some times.

http://dae.nic.in/

Read the annual report atleast and then come back...

http://dae.nic.in/writereaddata/areport/ar1516.pdf

Four Indian design and built 700 MW reactors will be commissioned this year.

And Pakistan ahead? lol

Lol...sourcing a random article from the net is hardly proof. Have you even heard about the existence of something called NPT? Russia would not violate a non-binding agreement like MTCR to help India (that's why BrahMos range was earlier limited to 290km)...but you're saying they went & violated NPT to help us??

Lol, buzz off. You and your wishful thinking...

Lol...sourcing a random article from the net is hardly proof. Have you even heard about the existence of something called NPT? Russia would not violate a non-binding agreement like MTCR to help India (that's why BrahMos range was earlier limited to 290km)...but you're saying they went & violated NPT to help us??

Lol, buzz off. You and your wishful thinking...
Not a random article,the same thing was reported by multiple Indian sources that the Arihant PWR design was Russian and Russian contractor was extensively involved in building it.
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ide-ins-arihant-was-built-113081100745_1.html

DRDO would have to develop and test the Agni-VI before moving on to K-5. It only makes sense to trial the key technologies (i.e. all-composite body, re-startable motor for MIRVs, MIRVs themselves) on a land-based system, before moving on to a sea-based cold-launched system. Besides, I believe the K-5 will have a diameter of 2m, and I don't think the next gen IN SSBNs with larger VLS tubes are coming that soon.

strangely SLBMs have been tested before land based systems before.

Hold your horses. Arihant reactor design came from Russia and building it had heavy Russian involvement.

Unlike Pakistan who has a deployed mini nuke Nasr and has Strategic nuke only 40 cm wide and 2 m tall deployed on s-1a and S-3 , India has no such missile.
Common sense dictates if India had the bullet they had built the gun but they don't have the bullet so no point in building the gun. Meaning if India had miniaturized nukes they had built MIRV long ago as they do have plenty of space experience.

Its impossible to MIRV Agni 4 as it's too narrow.
Whoever wrote article about MIRV Agni 4 is an ignorant or fanbou

we don't have the brilliance of pak where everything sprouts and falls out of thin air. Even after 'getting Russian technology' we had to build the reaction and test for 10 years on shore before building a nuclear submarine

Arihant%2Btest%2BREACTOR%2B2.jpg

strangely SLBMs have been tested before land based systems before.

we don't have the brilliance of pak where everything sprouts and falls out of thin air. Even after 'getting Russian technology' we had to build the reaction and test for 10 years on shore before building a nuclear submarine

Arihant%2Btest%2BREACTOR%2B2.jpg

I was about to post this, then... delusionals ranting is such fun to see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom