What's new

JY-27A radar spotted in Pakistan

I know but awacs can't fly 24 hours.remember balakot? Awacs shift change? Attack? We need to maintain vigilance.we need network of radars that can detect every type of jet.
Lol... Who told u we are not flying AWACS 24/7?? And what IAF did in balakot?? They did not crossed a mile into pakistan on that day

PAF has also ordered 5× YLC-18A Multi Role Radars in FY 2017-18.

EHzPw6oX4AA-o9F

Last edited:
Don't take this guy seriously, I think you haven't read his comments on 26th and 27th Feb. According to him, endia captured Akhnoor Dagger and other Pakistani posts after Balakot strike, just to teach Pakistan a lesson.:D
I knew what he is thinking.. Thats why i asked

AWACS Don't Fly & monitor Indian Airspace 24/7
These Land Based Radars do
I hope the next thing that comes out of China is a Long Range SAM in the league of S-400
Deployed Along the Eastern Border
Have you heard of the rumours of HQ-12 SAM system?

i think detecting and engaging stealth fighter are different things ,the problem with f22 is that it is very difficult to lock on this jet even if it is detected by radar due to its ability to reduce and suppress radar effectiveness
Very frankly this is most modern Radar China have (which can detect F-22 according to Chinses claim) , So it is hard to believe China sold it to Pakistan , This spose to be top secret so Pakistan Airforce airdefence wont leave that Radar in open so that enemy can see it through Satellites , My guess this might be some other Radar or a Decoy .

Very frankly some times you want enemy to know what you got. And some times China also wants them to know what they have given you.
There is more psychology at play than you can think of.

But at least it is not the good choice for tracking American aircrafts, as Americans know how to jam it efficiently.

Yes, real danger for US is Pak tracking F-35s transiting to Afghanistan and thus learning their signatures using this new equipment. This can then be passed on to Chinese. US will be furious at this development

Don’t know, or maybe it was HQ-19 or something, claimed or speculated by China to be better than s400
In fact, the development pattern of China's air defense systems is not the same as that of Russia.

Russia's air defense system like S-400 has several kinds of missiles for different purposes. Russia just wants to finish all the missions by using the same air defense system.

But China chooses to develop different air defense systems for different missions, just like what USA does.

So, China doesn't have an air defense system similar to S-400.

Sean O’Connor, Indianapolis - Jane's Defence Weekly
20 November 2019

Key Points
  • Jane's has identified a JY-27A CVLO radar in imagery captured of Mianwali Air Base in Pakistan
  • A modern VHF-band system, China's JY-27A was not previously known to have been exported to Pakistan
Satellite imagery captured on 29 August has revealed a China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETC) JY-27A counter-very-low-observable (CVLO) radar at Mianwali Air Base (AB) in Pakistan. Imagery examination indicates the radar arrived between 5 June and 29 August and was not yet fully erected as of 2 September.

The sale of the JY-27A to Pakistan has gone unnoticed in the open press, with most air-defence-related reporting concerned with Pakistan's desire to import advanced Chinese surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems.

To read the full article, Client Login
(112 of 203 words)

JY-27A radar spotted in Pakistan | Jane's Defence Weekly

20140508043149603.jpg

Basically they wanted the world to know about this radar!

Back
Top Bottom