What's new

Just a Nice Pic....

just a naive question,why do chinese copy?

Because we have similar requirement. S-70/UH-60 Black Hawk designed to fit in C-130. Z-20 designed to fit in Y-8/Y-9 transport aircraft. We all knew helo ferry range is short, so medium-range transport aircraft combine with Z-20 has strategic advantage.

Second reason, tricycle landing gear is common in military transport helo, it help loading/unloading from back end.
S-70/Z-20 use conventional landing gear, or tailwheel-type landing gear, it can help lower the tail and make landing easier on uneven surface.

If you consider above 2 factors, it must looks like S-70.

Z-20 is not a copy, you can't say Airbus 320 is a copy of Boeing 737, although they look similar.

The key components are so different, like blades, engines, they are completely 2 helos.

PS: the engine and blade is the key for helo. other components are not that important.

F-18 0405.jpg

Pakistan Air Force JF-17 ready for next days flight under Konya night sky. Anatolian Eagle 2019 Exercise. light used godox ad-200. Special thanks to Pakistan Air Force for helping me create the setup at night time and giving me permission to shoot. #pakistan #pakistanairforce https://t.co/I14vgC5Mz1
IMG_20190709_125306.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom