What's new

Just a Nice Pic....

Great run, Fatso! 👍 A lot of great pics keep up the good work.

Low rider Falkland [emoji1100]View attachment 747702

Did the Israelis sell their illegally acquired Mirages they used during the Falkland war to the Argentinians? I thought they were French bought direct but you're probably right. That is true that the Nesher was never built in Israel or they stole blueprints from the French or any of that silly stuff. They had already paid for the Mirage 5 and then they pulled off their dirty trick in 1967 and were embargoed to an extent, of course, and the French didn't want to deliver the jets to them so they came up with that silly story of the Nesher because they think we're all stupid lol. :lol:

Too bad they couldn't handle the Harriers and only their Skyhawks I believe were able to sink one ship with a couple of Exocets and badly damage another. But the Brits in their Harriers were just too well trained and knew how to avoid enemies in supersonic jets and beat them. Shame they ran out of those missiles otherwise they could've conducted carrier strikes and really put the Brits in a bad position, possibly winning the war. But the Argentinians didn't fare well fighting the Brits on the islands anyway. The heck are the Brits doing over there. Shameful.

P-51D Mustang with Brit roundel part of a private ownership.
United States Army Air Corps — Airworthy P-51 Mustangs, 2018, Part 1 (tumblr.com)

1622069828748.png

Great run, Fatso! [emoji106] A lot of great pics keep up the good work.

Did the Israelis sell their illegally acquired Mirages they used during the Falkland war to the Argentinians? I thought they were French bought direct but you're probably right. That is true that the Nesher was never built in Israel or they stole blueprints from the French or any of that silly stuff. They had already paid for the Mirage 5 and then they pulled off their dirty trick in 1967 and were embargoed to an extent, of course, and the French didn't want to deliver the jets to them so they came up with that silly story of the Nesher because they think we're all stupid lol. :lol:

Too bad they couldn't handle the Harriers and only their Skyhawks I believe were able to sink one ship with a couple of Exocets and badly damage another. But the Brits in their Harriers were just too well trained and knew how to avoid enemies in supersonic jets and beat them. Shame they ran out of those missiles otherwise they could've conducted carrier strikes and really put the Brits in a bad position, possibly winning the war. But the Argentinians didn't fare well fighting the Brits on the islands anyway. The heck are the Brits doing over there. Shameful.

United States Army Air Corps — Airworthy P-51 Mustangs, 2018, Part 1 (tumblr.com)

View attachment 747836

Always thought nesher was an illegal copy allowed by France. You learn new things every day :)

Israel sold 39 of those to FAA in 1979.

Skyhawks did not carry Exocets.
Argentine Navy had 5 super etendards with 5 Exocet missiles. Exocets sank HMS Sheffield and Cargo ship Atlantic Convoyeur. It was aimed at HMS Illustrious but the cargo ship had same profile otherwise damage to their mini A/C would have crippled British campaign in Falklands. Skyhawks used regular iron bombs and sank HMS Ardent, Antelope and Galahad (landing ship). They hit some more as well in daring extremely low level raids toss bombing heavily armed ships with dumb bombs. Unfortunately majority failed to explode as the fuse would not arm from being dropped at extreme low levels.
On the final day of the war, Argies took off Exocets with their launchers from one of their destroyers, flew it to Port Stanley on a C130, mounted it on a truck and launched it against the British flotilla. HMS Glamorgan on picket duty was hit by the missile but luckily for it, the missile warhead failed to explode.

Skyhawks did not carry Exocets.
Argentine Navy had 5 super etendards with 5 Exocet missiles. Exocets sank HMS Sheffield and Cargo ship Atlantic Convoyeur.

You're right, it was the Super Etenards with the Exocets not the Skyhawks. It's been a while since I read about that war, just remember the Argentinian Skyhawk pilots were tremendously daring but yeah, I don't think at that time they were mounting them on any other platforms. 5 Exocets and the French wouldn't send them anymore, of course. Lessons to learn. Good post.

embargoed to an extent, of course, and the French didn't want to deliver the jets to them so they came up with that silly story of the Nesher because they think we're all stupid lol. :lol:

View attachment 747836

Hi,

What was the story about the Nesher.

Back
Top Bottom