What's new

Just a Nice Pic....

Strike
IMG_20210512_083847.jpeg

Douglas DC-5

Prototype of a promising bomber - tailless K-12 Konstantin Alekseevich Kalinin, in decorative paint before the air parade in Tushino, 1937.

The 2nd one may also have been called Kalinin K-5. Accurate description however.

I officially offer you Knighthood of "Sir Knows-a-lot in Aviation". Bravo! 8-)

Great pic. Notice it's barely off the ground and the flaps on the delta wings are already straight. It doesn't take much for those surfaces to move the air pressure down at the rear and push the nose up creating lift. Perhaps the delta configuration made the Mirage III/V etc. was much more successful than the beauty of Dassault's creation in the F-1 series. Just a gorgeous fighter than didn't enjoy the success the deltas did which I'm guessing offered much better control at slower speeds.

1621128105126.png

1621128190672.png

1621128247603.png

1621128308973.png

1621128347408.png

1621128384983.png

Great pic. Notice it's barely off the ground and the flaps on the delta wings are already straight. It doesn't take much for those surfaces to move the air pressure down at the rear and push the nose up creating lift. Perhaps the delta configuration made the Mirage III/V etc. was much more successful than the beauty of Dassault's creation in the F-1 series. Just a gorgeous fighter than didn't enjoy the success the deltas did which I'm guessing offered much better control at slower speeds.

View attachment 744151
View attachment 744152
View attachment 744153
View attachment 744154
View attachment 744155
View attachment 744156

F-1 success was ruined by f-16 plus its weak engine which was basically an uprated atar engine of mirage 3/5

Last edited:
What a beauty! BTW, I truly think that despite the colorful camo selection for the final production like of the Su-57 (derogatorily names "Felon: by NATO lol what a bunch of jerks to chose that name) is actually much more effective in the skies and blending in the clouds as opposed to ground colors. This was apparantly in the video that the Su-30 chased off a US F-15E Strike Eagle away from a Russian Bear or prop plane and the Su vanished in the clouds while you could still easily see the F-15. Granted the Strike E has a darker color than the supposed Low Vis grey the US uses, but this is just outstanding. Just too bad it's taking a bit long but better get it right the first time.

A beauty that should get official combat ready status within a year or two and hopefully the new digital and rapid precise assembly line will speed up the production so we start seeing it exported as I believe 2 countries in the Middle East will be the first export customers of this deadly machine.

1621185818927.png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom