What's new

Just 14 factories targeted in Vietnam's anti-China protests belonged to mainland Chinese

The fact, there are very few mainland-chinese factories in Vietnam. Instead, the illegal Chinese labors are everywhere on the construction sites.
Chinese inverstment in Vietnam only 3% of total FDI in Vietnam.

By the way, tips for the companies from Taiwan, HK, Singapores ...: Don't use chinese characters on your company name sign in Vietnam.

hmmmm......why will a country hide/eradicate its culture/language to please a foreign country? . They can simply move to another ASEAN country like Philippines, malaysia, indonesia, thailand etc who are more welcoming to foreigners.
Vietnamese people/friends i know are really nice,calm and hard working, i have a very good/positive image of vietnam(though i havent been there yet). So if i could offer and advice to vietnam(though i know im just a common man.:D) I will advice my vietnamese brothers to be more realist. You cant ask for a country to forgo/hide their culture/language just to please you. There are more than 150 other countries in the world where they can invest. so be more reasonable, we are in a globalised world today.:cheers::usflag:)
Hope things calm down in Vietnam soon and everything returns to normal(though im not sure since i heard there are more protests planned):what:
How is the situation there now ?

Maybe you guys do not believe, but method of hanging a non-communist-china flag that is very effective...

So you are saying it's okay to kill "real" Chinese? Do you realize they are human beings just as you? They are there to do their jobs, to make a living. They have nothing to do with the island dispute. Who gives you the right to kill them? Let me tell you this type backward, barbarian mentality has no place in modern world. No one will do business with you.

The fact, there are very few mainland-chinese factories in Vietnam. Instead, the illegal Chinese labors are everywhere on the construction sites.
Chinese inverstment in Vietnam only 3% of total FDI in Vietnam.

By the way, tips for the companies from Taiwan, HK, Singapores ...: Don't use chinese characters on your company name sign in Vietnam.

Hey pal it's the internet. You can make all kinds of false claims over here. But, just because you say so doesn't make it true. There are may be some Chinese working in Vietnam illegally. But it's hard to believe they are "everywhere". With the poor economic condition in your country, why would Chinese go there?

Last edited:
This proves that the mob violence had nothing do with China's oil rig. The mob rioters don't care about government propaganda about mythical islands they supposedly once owned, otherwise they wouldn't attack other foreign investors in Vietnam. Instead, this unpredictable and spontaneous violence is a symptom of jungle psychology, jungle mentality, and too rapid urbanization. Jungle people hate civilization - they look around at the paved roads, concrete buildings and factories that foreign investors bring, and they feel it encroaches on their natural habitat.

To avoid further destabilizing violence, the Viet government needs to slow down the pace of urbanization, and make sure that the jungle environment of the native people is preserved.

This proves that the mob violence had nothing do with China's oil rig. The mob rioters don't care about government propaganda about mythical islands they supposedly once owned, otherwise they wouldn't attack other foreign investors in Vietnam. Instead, this unpredictable and spontaneous violence is a symptom of jungle psychology, jungle mentality, and too rapid urbanization. Jungle people hate civilization - they look around at the paved roads, concrete buildings and factories that foreign investors bring, and they feel it encroaches on their natural habitat.

To avoid further destabilizing violence, the Viet government needs to slow down the pace of urbanization, and make sure that the jungle environment of the native people is preserved.

Ah Q spirit, don't understand.:smokin:

hmmmm......why will a country hide/eradicate its culture/language to please a foreign country? . They can simply move to another ASEAN country like Philippines, malaysia, indonesia, thailand etc who are more welcoming to foreigners.
Vietnamese people/friends i know are really nice,calm and hard working, i have a very good/positive image of vietnam(though i havent been there yet). So if i could offer and advice to vietnam(though i know im just a common man.:D) I will advice my vietnamese brothers to be more realist. You cant ask for a country to forgo/hide their culture/language just to please you. There are more than 150 other countries in the world where they can invest. so be more reasonable, we are in a globalised world today.:cheers::usflag:)
Hope things calm down in Vietnam soon and everything returns to normal(though im not sure since i heard there are more protests planned):what:
How is the situation there now ?

I dont support violence, 99,9% of Vietnamese do not support the recent riots.
That's just my personal tips. I think it is a safe solution for foreign companies in Vietnam. Rioters will have not any reason to attack a factory without any signs of it coming from china.
Vietnam government commits to ensuring the safety of foreign investors. But if when a protest of over 10 thousand people occurring, who can be sure it will not happen violence?
Therefore, each factory should take measures to protect themselves (by using their country flag and not using chinese characters in its name sign wall).

So you are saying it's okay to kill "real" Chinese? Do you realize they are human beings just as you? They are there to do their jobs, to make a living. They have nothing to do with the island dispute. Who gives you the right to kill them? Let me tell you this type backward, barbarian mentality has no place in modern world. No one will do business with you.

Hey pal it's the internet. You can make all kinds of false claims over here. But, just because you say so doesn't make it true. There are may be some Chinese working in Vietnam illegally. But it's hard to believe they are "everywhere". With the poor economic condition in your country, why would Chinese go there?

I do not support the killing of innocent workers. The offenders were arrested and will be judged by the law of Vietnam.

About the illegal chinese labors on construction sites in Vietnam, it takes place for many years. This is one of the examples:

Illegal Chinese workers flood Vietnam’s economic zone

Illegal Chinese workers flood Vietnam’s economic zone
The number of Chinese working illegally at construction sites in Vung An Economic Zone based in the central Ha Tinh province has been rising steadily.
Figures released by Deo Ngang border station show 1,526 Chinese nationals among 2,600 foreign workers working there in late Sept and early Oct but the economic zone’s management board said only 1,100 foreigners have been granted working permits.
Chinese-owned construction companies have won bids to build several projects in Vung An and they awarded their construction contracts to Chinese workers.
Every afternoon, a large number of Chinese workers are seen gathering at a bus station in Ky Phuong commune, Ky Anh district. Four to five buses are needed to take all of them to Formosa construction site in Vung An.
Major Nguyen Van Dang, deputy head of Deo Ngang border station, said they have handled a lot of cases involving foreigners since early this year. Some didn’t have temporary residence cards, some were involved in robbery cases or scuffles, and some went on strike, Dang added.
According to the officer, on April 28, Jiang Su, a Chinese national, was caught red-handed stealing iron and steel bars at Formosa construction site. Also that month, there was a scuffle between local people and foreigners in Ky Anh, resulting in the death of a Taiwanese worker. And recently, 44 Chinese workers at Formosa were on strike and even prevented other workers from working.
In late September, authorities in Ha Tinh inspected labor forces hired by some foreign contractors and enterprises in Vung An and found 570 Chinese nationals working there without the proper paperwork, 128 of whom were later deported.
Local authorities said it was difficult to manage the foreign workers at the economic zone and even played the blame game.
“There are many unskilled foreign workers here. They arrive here on a tourist visa. We are authorized to grant them working permits and the Department of Labor Invalids and Social Affairs should be responsible for supervising and managing them” – Ho An Tuan, head of the management of Vung An Economic Zone.
Meanwhile, Le Tien Dung, deputy head of Ha Tinh’s Department of Labor Invalids and Social Affairs blames Vung An’s management board for the ill management of illegal foreign workers.
“In recent times, we have found a lot of foreign workers working in Vung An Economic Zone without a working permit. They [Vung An’s management board] should take responsibility for that” – Dung stressed.

Back
Top Bottom