What's new

JUI-F Senator " Verbally Abuses " Female Analyst during TV Talk Show

JUI-F Senator 'verbally abuses' female analyst during TV talk show
DAWN.COM — UPDATED ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO
WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT
KARACHI: A Jamiat-i-Ulema-i-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) senator reportedly used abusive language against female analyst and rights activist Marvi Sirmed during a television show on Friday, triggering a social media uproar.

The show aired on private television channel NewsOne was debating recent honour killings in Pakistan when JUI-F Senator Hafiz Hamdullah got angry over Ms Sirmed for what he believed was her support for the comments of Barrister Masroor, a panelist in the programme, over a lack of reaction from the Council Of Islamic Ideology on these killings.

Hamdullah was of the view that Barrister Masroor should not have used the words 'pee k soey hue hain' (sleeping after getting intoxicated) for the CII chairman and his fellow JUI-F member Maulana Sherani.

"I won't allow you to speak if you are supporting his words," Hamdullah said to Sirmed.

The argument between Hamdullah and Sirmed resulted in an exchange of hot words between the rights activist and the lawmaker.

As seen in the video, Hamdullah continued that he would not allow Sirmed to speak.

The questionable language was omitted from the transmission. However, Sirmed in her Facebook post claimed that Hamdullah began verbally abusing her with the worst possible expletives and tried to physically attack her as well.

Talking to DawnNews, Sirmed said Hamdullah also tried to physically attack her, forcing panelist Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan to get in the way to stop him and have the channel's management call its security staff.

She further claimed that the whole episode is recorded in the channel's cameras.

PTI's Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan and Barrister Masroor supported Sirmed's claim on social media.

On Twitter, politicians, lawmakers and media representatives condemned the attack on Sirmed, some also calling for revoking Maulana Hamdullah's Senate membership.

The JUI-F senator has in the past used abusive language against a female anchor during a television talk show.

He verbally abused the show host for what he called her misrepresentation of clergy's views on violence against women.

WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT

Hi..............

Yesterday you were confirming physical abuse.
Now you are saying it was verbal abuse only ...

Get to one point plz

So essentially a member of a Jahil UKPs Idiot- Fuzool group entered into an argument with possibly the most repulsive woman in Pakistan .. I say its a fair match.
That's why I searched the video to find out. Media is portraying in a false way. Both are equally bad mouthed and what we can see
none taken bro .. appologies for any hassles and grieviences caused , so sorry abt molvi as well
Sir it is not personal and you can say whatever you want say about Molvi...for me both of them are idiotic to say the least. However the video reveals the truth that actually who started the fight and start hurling insults and their claims of physical assault are totally unfounded. As per shalwar uttarna comments that part has also been censored by the beeps so I really I can't say what he uttered unless I can hear that. At least the judge will require an uncensored evidence otherwise it can be interpretted in way. This also reveals the bias of the our media and that is totally unacceptable. They get hefty checks from foreign agencies, local corrupt business men like Malik Dekadar and govt media cell. The host is notorious for staging fake interviews (Malik Dekadar) and under any ethical code and law she should have been banned and punished.

Even the pic in the OP is shown to mislead: As if he is trying to attack her while the man in the middle is trying to stop him. In reality he got up at the request of the man in the middle to switch seats with him.

Nothing misleading about the OP pic. The moulvie did try to attack Sirmed by throwing punches at her which thankfully did not land.

Watch this video

http://www.dailym0ti0n.com/player.php?video_id=x4foffz

This desi libtard bitch is known for her
abusive language
13346768_1724574814458396_5431275034483054363_n.jpg
abusive language

yajooj ami and her majooj son,kharoo'n ga aap meri ammi hain:rofl:----i always like the way he expresses his emotions-------the other day he was not letting a pti leader speak------- gaali nay dyna:triniti:

Yes agreed Islam is about respecting your enemy even he is wrong or right this is why Islam is the true religion

Brother what she is it is not our matter neither your it is matter of ALLAH and her who are we to become judges to say she is that

In public we respect everyone it is Islam if you disagree Islam don't allows you to use garbage words to others

Mera thread lock kardiya (▼へ▼メ)
:lol::lol: basically they spotted the lack of credible source. Better luck next time...they really have got active..and start deleting even the fun filled with little trolling comments too.

Yes agreed Islam is about respecting your enemy even he is wrong or right this is why Islam is the true religion

Brother what she is it is not our matter neither your it is matter of ALLAH and her who are we to become judges to say she is that

In public we respect everyone it is Islam if you disagree Islam don't allows you to use garbage words to others
:suicide::suicide2:

LOL the video is fun.

Both were fighting like dogs but frankly speaking it was Mullah who started this squabble. Mullahs in Pakistan should understand that time is changing, they should develop patience to listen others point of view as well.
unbearable and cringe-worthy i couldn't see all of it and stopped
I have no sides or no sympathies,

unbearable and cringe-worthy i couldn't see all of it and stopped
I have no sides or no sympathies,
You didn't like the free entertainment. The best comedy shows are Paks current affair programs on private channels without any scripting...total genuine content.

:lol::lol: basically they spotted the lack of credible source. Better luck next time...they really have got active..and start deleting even the fun filled with little trolling comments too.

:suicide::suicide2:
Express Tribune and TV one is not credible?

after this video I watched videos of both people, that senator well u know but miss marvi sirmed is also not very ethical i saw a talk show vid of qazi and zaid hamid where she was disrespectful and in other videos she was not really that of a person we should listen to. However this senator crossed the line. no doubt.

Can anyone give me their view about miss marvi ?

Both the molvi and the woman are at fault here if you watch that video. Maulvi starts off with "I will not let you talk" and then she takes it just another level of abuse herself. Watch the video first.

Why the f*ck is the media making her sound like a victim when she was at fault just as much?

Anti Pakistan or Anti Islam, how come threatening Marvi is justified? Some of the comments here are shocking.

Totally unacceptable and ridiculous .

More power to Muslim women! :tup: These self styled Mullahs who think they are Allah's representatives must be shown their rightful place - under the Pacific Ocean!

Why does the Pak media get these turds on TV and give them so much importance?

Both the molvi and the woman are at fault here if you watch that video. Maulvi starts off with "I will not let you talk" and then she takes it just another level of abuse herself. Watch the video first.

Why the f*ck is the media making her sound like a victim when she was at fault just as much?
is that a justification of what Hamdullah said?

Back
Top Bottom