What's new

JP Morgan advises investors to reap economic opportunities in Pakistan

Don't take the Americans seriously. My ears have become sore hearing such BS. They are only after military bases in Pakistan. Whenever they need something from Pakistan you will hear such sweet talk.

Continue to strengthen and work on regional pacts. That is where true prosperity lies.

True. Strengthen cooperation with regional partners.

Our biggest victory is getting these Americans out of Afghanistan. Now our focus is on getting China in. That is all a Pakistani should care about. What Timbuktu or JP Morgan says is not irrelivant, but also laughable.

irrelevant and of topic discourse

PTI fanboys are jumping up and down at the report and havent even bothered to read it full

the second para says it all

------------------------------
Noonies are cutting their wrists on all this good news about the economy because it means five more years of ruswayi for them and their Lord and Saviour Nawaja Butt of Gawalmandi.

Long may you suffer through this misery Inshallah

irrelevant and of topic discourse

It is very relevant. In case you forgot, the Americans view Pakistan through Indian and Afghan prism. Even the economy is viewed through Indian and Afghan prism. When the Americans invent and use terms like AfPak they really mean it. Do you really think that JP Morgan is any different? The entire US apparatus links Pakistan with Afghan and Indian prism. The Americans don't have a Pakistan independent policy.

It is very relevant. In case you forgot, the Americans view Pakistan through Indian and Afghan prism. Even the economy is viewed through Indian and Afghan prism. When the Americans invent and use terms like AfPak they really mean it. Do you really think that JP Morgan is any different? The entire US apparatus links Pakistan with Afghan and Indian prism. The Americans don't have a Pakistan independent policy.

my friend , lets stick to financial markets

you do know that JP morgan is one of the leading financial analyst and its investment thesis is followed by top equity and hedge funds

regarding Pakistan, the size of our equities ( absolute mkt cap ) is miniscule as compared to , say turkey or brazil etc and JP morgan is saying precisely that ie pakistan is a better speculative trade vs a long term bet

if you look at PSX, we have had barely 3-4 major IPOs since 2018 and in mkt cap terms, we have grown little ,

the only good thing i observed is the 3x. 4x volume thanks to roshan accounts but im looking at an overheated mkt and buyer tiredness

you have a right to disagree

my friend , lets stick to financial markets

you do know that JP morgan is one of the leading financial analyst and its investment thesis is followed by top equity and hedge funds

regarding Pakistan, the size of our equities ( absolute mkt cap ) is miniscule as compared to , say turkey or brazil etc and JP morgan is saying precisely that ie pakistan is a better speculative trade vs a long term bet

if you look at PSX, we have had barely 3-4 major IPOs since 2018 and in mkt cap terms, we have grown little ,

the only good thing i observed is the 3x. 4x volume thanks to roshan accounts but im looking at an overheated mkt and buyer tiredness

you have a right to disagree

We have heard it all before. It is just sheer butthurt by the Americans in general. I don't take American advice seriously. Especially when it comes to Pakistan. I think every Pakistani should do the same. American views regarding Pakistan are generally very skewed and that is no secret. Whether it is JP Morgan or Joseph Biden.

We have heard it all before. It is just sheer butthurt by the Americans in general. I don't take American advice seriously. Especially when it comes to Pakistan. I think every Pakistani should do the same. American views regarding Pakistan are generally very skewed and that is no secret. Whether it is JP Morgan or Joseph Biden.

you do realize that many investment funds in psx are from abroad , primarily USA

you do realize that many investment funds in psx are from abroad , primarily USA

I also know that China has a major stake in Pak stock exchange. The Chinese stake absolutely walks over American investment funds.

This dudes right. And for everyone wondering Here is the synopsis

1- Pakistan just got $6 billion dollars from IMF, its gona boost the economy a little bit so put ur money in and take it out during the climb.

2- We dont advice investing long term. Remittances have been decreasing . Risk/reward for investment got a little better but it’s still below average

3- the bonds have a good return but don’t buy instead buy local assets because of co-Vid they are super cheap and u can buy it pennies on the dollar

Insummary: everything is half the price right now including your currency so buy it. When they get $6 billion from IMF prices will go up to orignal price . Then sell it and take out your profit
very good.

you defeated USSR then USA , there remains last job of getting dhaka back .

PTI fanboys are jumping up and down at the report and havent even bothered to read it full

the second para says it all

------------------------------

It is a positive report overall an improvement from their previous assessments. It is a common practice to outline down risks (every report has it). It is upto us how far we can mitigate those downrisks. These reports are not your cup of tea. BTW we were downgraded by every financial institution in plmn time.

For example, remittances have so far kept steady, they are predicting a decrease since the start of the year and we are now 11 months in. The down risk exists yes but has it materialized no.

Increasing international commodity prices do pose a SERIOUS RISK to CAD and Inflation figures. Have been since the start of 2021. We did a lot of adjustment to mitigate the impact e.g. almost finishing petroleum levy, packages to subsidize cooking oil etc.
Nothing more we can do about it, that part is included in all 3rd world countries.

Each and every country is stimulating growth after coming out of Covid. America, India, Bangladesh, UK, at the cost of fisical deficit. Its happening all around the world. We are doing it the least.

Ofcourse there are better oppurtunities to invest other than Pakistan. We have a B-ve credit rating. No financial institution will say to invest long term.

Back
Top Bottom