What's new

Journey in the Dhaka Metro Rail

I sincerely hope that who ever built this has put into mind that section s can be rapidly repaired/rebuilt in event of extreme weather conditions that bddesh faces. (Allah forbid its happens )

I don't know alot that thus area of construction.

I sincerely hope that who ever built this has put into mind that section s can be rapidly repaired/rebuilt in event of extreme weather conditions that bddesh faces. (Allah forbid its happens )

I am not sure what you mean by extreme weather conditions. Usually, a train running on an elevated railway line is slowed down or fully stopped in times of strong winds or cyclones. Usually, it is stopped at a station.

I think JICA has clear instructions to the train operating body about such a calamity. As far as I understand, the train operators must have also been trained by a JICA body about how they are supposed to act in such a situation.

There is another important destabilizing possibility. That is an earthquake. Actually, an earthquake tends to make an UNEQUAL SETTLEMENT of any two nearby piled foundations.

I understand that the Japanese design engineers have fully taken into consideration this factor, and if the construction has fully followed the drawings, there is little possibility of an unequal settlement.

However, I would say there are acts of God that cannot be foreseen by men.

Last edited:

If you think BD metro is in danger from Mother Nature - checkout the extreme weather visited on the NYC subway.

BD doesn’t have the plunging frost and extreme heat of NYC.

Still, NYC subway functions relatively well.

Back
Top Bottom