What's new

Jordan to conduct wargames with 18 countries

The only two countries Jordan have cold relations with are Israel and Iran, the relations with the rest world countries are either cordial or normal. I would refer to our relations with India on all levels as normal except for the economic one. As you know, Jordanian relations with Pakistan is historic and strong and can't be compared with India. Therefore, when it comes to choose between Pakistan and India, Jordan without a doubt would choose the first.

:laughcry:

30-baby.jpg

Yes I want to know somethings Have every Queen Rania visited Pakistan and by the way good exercise but what kind of troops and weapons would be used in this war games

@BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa @Mosamania @cabatli_53

That is why,i advocate these states who will always back Pakistan in mayday to be friendly and cooperative to India.

It actually works more in our favor as we would be able to have diplomatic solutions before a fist fight breaks out.
I would suggest Muslims world should show some guts and Jordan Pakistan Saudi Arabia UAE Oman Qatar and Bahrain and Indonesia and Malaysia and Morocco and Algeria should form a military alliance and help each other with full force in case of any foreign attack @BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest Muslims world should show some guts and Jordan Pakistan Saudi Arabia UAE Oman Qatar and Bahrain and Indonesia and Malaysia and Morocco and Algeria should form a military alliance and help each other with full force in case of any foreign attack @BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa
No Egypt :cry:

Yes I want to know somethings Have every Queen Rania visited Pakistan and by the way good exercise but what kind of troops and weapons would be used in this war games

I think she hasn't visited Pakistan. The armed branches which are going to take part in the drills are Special Forces, land and air forces.

Sometimes I wonder, why do Muslim nations even have large armies?

These armies can't defend against West, and are only useful in oppressing Muslims and destroying Muslim lands further.

European colonialism introduced strict central state in Muslim world, and with it, introduced all these means of oppression like Police, Army etc. Idiot dictators in Muslim world used these state institutions to destroy fabric of Muslim world even further. No wonder Muslims are in this condition today...

Anyways, routine exercises. Nothing big...

Sometimes I wonder, why do Muslim nations even have large armies?

These armies can't defend against West, and are only useful in oppressing Muslims and destroying Muslim lands further.

European colonialism introduced strict central state in Muslim world, and with it, introduced all these means of oppression like Police, Army etc. Idiot dictators in Muslim world used these state institutions to destroy fabric of Muslim world even further. No wonder Muslims are in this condition today...

Anyways, routine exercises. Nothing big...
Dont you see any changes?
Why do you think most muslim countries(those who can afford it)are industrializing their military capabilities?
We muslims never have patience(biggest problem).
Time will come,the world is changing,Patience.

51b4b2ad6223a.jpg

Jordan on Sunday announced the start of military exercises involving more than 8,000 soldiers and observers from 19 different countries, but insisted the manoeuvres were unrelated to the conflict in neighbouring Syria.

Around 4,500 US troops and 3,000 Jordanian soldiers are taking part in the air, land and sea “Eager Lion 2013” exercise, which lasts until June 20.

“Eager Lion this year will focus on irregular warfare, like combating terrorism and insurgency,” Major General Awni el-Edwan, the Jordan Armed Forces' operations chief of staff, told reporters.

He was speaking at a joint news conference with Major General Robert G. Catalanotti of the US Army Central Command.

“The exercises have nothing to do with any regional developments around Jordan,” Edwan said, referring to the conflict in Syria.

The United States has said it was sending a Patriot missile battery and F-16 fighters to Jordan for Eager Lion, and may keep them there to counter the threat posed by the Syrian civil war.

“Patriot missiles and F-16 fighters are taking part in the drill in a pure military context. Keeping them in Jordan needs a political decision that we, military people, do not interfere in,” Edwan said, without elaborating.

He added that the exercises will take place in Jordan's central and southern regions and that the missiles will be deployed “in the right place.”

US officials have declined to say how many F-16s would be taking part in the joint exercise or how many might stay on afterwards.

The United States backed a similar move earlier this year in Turkey, with the Natoliance deploying Patriot missile batteries along Turkey's volatile border with Syria.

During Eager Lion, troops from Britain, Bahrain, Canada, the Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Iraq, Italy, Lebanon, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Yemen will stage battlefield, logistics and humanitarian exercises.

The Pentagon had already sent about 200 troops to Jordan to help it prepare for possible military action in Syria, including scenarios to secure the regime's chemical weapons stockpiles.

Jordan is a major beneficiary of US military and economic aid, with Washington granting $2.4 billion (1.85 billion euros) over the past five years, according to official figures.

The war games are being staged with Jordan currently hosting around 500,000 refugees who have fled the civil war in Syria.
Major military exercises under way in Jordan - DAWN.COM

Jordan begins ‘Eager Lion’ military drill

Jordan announced Saturday the start of “Eager Lion” military exercises with the participation of 8,000 soldiers from 19 Arab and Western countries, said Major General Awni el-Edwan, the Jordan Armed Forces' operations chief of staf.

In a press conference held at the Jordan Special Operations Command in Amman, Edwan said the military exercise will last till June 21 and will take place in Jordan’s central and southern region.

Stressing that the drill is not linked to regional developments around Jordan, Edwan said that there the military exercise will not take place near the northern border with Syria.

Dismissing speculations that the Syrian rebel army might take part in the drill, Edwan said “only nations” were invited to participate.

Part of the military drill involves air exercises on how to control and reduce effects of chemical weapons on military units and civilians.

In the presence of Major General Robert G. Catalanotti of the U.S. Army Central Command, the Jordanian official said that F-16 fighters and Patriot missiles will be used in the drill but he didn’t disclose how many of these fighters and missiles are brought to the kingdom.

“Our political leadership will decide if these weapons are to stay behind, we (the military) follow and execute orders,” he said.
A well-informed Jordanian source told Al Arabiya that the government will officially ask Washington to keep the Patriot missiles in the Kingdom after the exercises.

Meanwhile, U.S. Major General Catalanotti said that there will be 4,500 US troops that will participate in the military exercises.
Jordan begins

I wonder why Jordanians didn't invite,India but did invite Pakistan. Doesn't Jordan recognize India as a 'friendly' state and a rising superpower?

@BLACKEAGLE

It doesn't really matter because Jordan as a sovereign nation has all the right to decide whom to conduct wargames with. It perhaps does not find our military tactics suitable for them in exchange of knowledge and capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't really matter because Jordan as a sovereign nation has all the right to decide whom to conduct wargames with. It perhaps does not find our military tactics suitable for them in exchange of knowledge and capabilities.

There must be little to no reason for it, they just selected a few countries, its mainly to enhance relations, not improving military capabilities.

There must be little to no reason for it, they just selected a few countries, its mainly to enhance relations, not improving military capabilities.

I just wonder, why do people talk about things they have no idea about? How could the most important and the biggest exercise conducted in Jordan be not to improve military capability? Actually it has very little to do with enhancing relations.

I just wonder, why do people talk about things they have no idea about? How could the most important and the biggest exercise conducted in Jordan be not to improve military capability? Actually it has very little to do with enhancing relations.

I change my mind, your right

Back
Top Bottom