What's new

Jordan’s King Abdullah accuses Israel of opposing nuclear plans

@blain2
My friend, it is a pure peaceful nuclear project to generate electricity and potable water, since Jordan is a non-oil country and one of the driest countries on earth with no rivers. We have been relying on rainwater for along time, and it doesn't cover our needs anymore. So, the most efficient solution is to build a nuclear reactor. Jordan has no desire nor capability to bear the consequences of developing nuclear weapons, maybe KSA or Egypt, but not Jordan.

@blain2
My friend, it is a pure peaceful nuclear project to generate electricity and potable water, since Jordan is a non-oil country and one of the driest countries on earth with no rivers. We have been relying on rainwater for along time, and it doesn't cover our needs anymore. So, the most efficient solution is to build a nuclear reactor. Jordan has no desire nor capability to bear the consequences of developing nuclear weapons, maybe KSA or Egypt, but not Jordan.

My comment was not specifically in regard to Jordan's current plans. Yes indeed the current requirement is for power and Jordan is well within its right to go for it. But for as long as one country dominates the security affairs of Middle East, the flexibility available to countries like Jordan would be very limited.

My comment was not specifically in regard to Jordan's current plans. Yes indeed the current requirement is for power and Jordan is well within its right to go for it. But for as long as one country dominates the security affairs of Middle East, the flexibility available to countries like Jordan would be very limited.

The situation is very very complex in the ME, we have Israel in the west and Iran in the east, not to mention the proxies and the internal problems every Arab country is facing especially after Arab spring. It turned out that we have been ruled by the most corrupt and traitor regimes. We as people failed to absorb the notion of leaders ruled this long working against their people just to stay in power, although Al-Sadat, Jamal Abd Al-Nasser, King Faisal and even King Abdullah have said that long time ago. However, as they are gone or on a track to, I think we will overcome our problems together. I hope so. To be honest, I don't know exactly how things are going to be, as kingdoms are suspicious of their old rival, MB, rise, in Egypt, Lybia and Tunsia. They became stronger and more demanding in countries like Jordan and Morocco. So, the pic is not clear yet.

Back
Top Bottom