What's new

Joining SSG

Which units, the officers of graduate course can join? Services or combat? It is not mentioned in army websites that is why I am asking.

With graduate course, I believe one can be allocated any unit and arm.
With ICTO, you are allocated to a service arm in accordance with your degree of specialization.

With ICTO, you are allocated to a service arm in accordance with your degree of specialization.
What's ICTO? Plus, there is just one year training in graduate course. Is it enough to join any unit(combat)?

What's ICTO? Plus, there is just one year training in graduate course. Is it enough to join any unit(combat)?

Integrated Courses, I'm not entirely sure, I do know of people who joined Arty after graduate courses, which isn't a combat arm per se, can't say about Inf or Armour. Maybe @Xeric can shed some light on this?

Integrated Courses, I'm not entirely sure, I do know of people who joined Arty after graduate courses, can't say about Inf or Armour. Maybe @Xeric can shed some light on this?
The joinpakarmy website should have made it clear as they resumed grad courses after a long gap, now every one comes up with a different reply about my question. Thanks for the reply:tup:

The joinpakarmy website should have made it clear as they resumed grad courses after a long gap, now every one comes up with a different reply about my question. Thanks for the reply:tup:

They are usually very clear about such cases which further convinces me that guys from Graduate Course may be fit for allocation to all arms. But like I said, @Xeric will be able to tell us for sure.

I do know of people who joined Arty after graduate courses, which isn't a combat arm per se
The artillery walas say it's a combat arm. Are you saying that because of inter arm biaso_O. At least they lob shells on the enemy:yahoo: Xeric will be pissed at your post as he is artillery man.

The artillery walas say it's a combat arm. Are you saying that because of inter arm biaso_O. At least they lob shells on the enemy:yahoo: Xeric will be pissed at your post as he is artillery man.

No it has nothing to do with inter-arm rivalry, the Army recognizes it as such. Cobras rain down lead from the sky and Air Defenders shoot down enemy planes but they are also not considered combat arms because they are not meant to breach into enemy territory and hold it, that duty is delegated to Infantry and Armour, the others provide crucial support in meeting that objective though.

It is worth mentioning that entire Arty and AD units have been adapted in infantry role for the operations in FATA.

I heard that they only say that 5'4" are eligible but during recruitment they recruit people of height more than 5'4" . Is it true or false ?

Just apply, asking too many questions shows insecurity and is bound to get you rejected. Be confident and go in, the worst that can happen is that you don't get selected in which case your life continues as it is and you lose nothing.

haha.
I had dreams of joining the army and dedicating my life to that forever.

too bad i left school early and never went back due to teachers being various kind of arseholes, especially urdu and islamiat..

So yolo, Dreams ruined.
Screw you teachers.

Be confident kids!
Go there and apply up, let the fate be your guide.

Integrated Courses, I'm not entirely sure, I do know of people who joined Arty after graduate courses, which isn't a combat arm per se, can't say about Inf or Armour. Maybe @Xeric can shed some light on this?
There's no concept of a 'combat' arm. It is either Fighting Arm, Supporting Arm or Services. Inf and Armour are fighting arms, Arty, Aviation, Engineers are Supporting Arms, Ordnance, Supply etc are Services.

ICTO stands for Information and Communication Technical Officers.

Graduate courses could have joined any Arm, however we dont intake Graduates anymore.

however we dont intake Graduates anymore.
Currently, registration is going on for 35th Graduate course and is open till 26th May 2015. Even in 2014, there was a graduate course.

Back
Top Bottom