What's new

Jinnah wanted to model Pakistan after the United States.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Single Click to enlarge.
America_Jinnah.jpg

Food for thought.

It's astonishing just how relevant Quaid's warnings were.

Yes that's right, this was a warning, that Pakistanis didn't adhere to and paid the price and are still.

America was suffering from the Great Depression between 1929-1941. Have Qaid's dream finally come true for Pakistan?

This is a very thin line the Quaid was counting on. After all, the integration issues would not be solved just by motivating people for it.
America was suffering from the Great Depression between 1929-1941. Have Qaid's dream finally come true for Pakistan?

It also defeated Japan and Germany after that. Had an economic boom and is currently the dominant superpower. Have no idea what you were trying to prove with that.

He was a visionary man and a true LEADER. Just wish he would've lived for atleast 10 years after Pakistan's independence & situation would be very very different today.

Unfortunately Pakistanis still are divided in sects/religions/linguistic/ethnic issues which is helping corrupt politicians & anti-Pakistan elements to succeed.

... It also defeated Japan and Germany after that. Had an economic boom and is currently the dominant superpower. Have no idea what you were trying to prove with that.

True. But, America was not a superpower during the time of Baba-e-Pakistan.

According to my limited knowledge,America only became a superpower after World War II. I think that was mainly due to the destruction of the European Empires and Great Britain having to send literally ship loads of gold and other precious stones to the United States in return for alliance against Germany.

I've not seen anyone rushing to offer Pakistan any gold but I can clearly see Pakistan has been stuck in a period of Great Depression for the past 68 years.

@Aeronaut @Oscar @American Pakistani
My Friends If you see world Map Pakistan is a baby nation , Yes Pak AND US had many things Common their 1st generation is mostly immigrant and a very big portion of Pakistani people are also immigrants

behavior of nations cant be changed in just few months or week or after some speech's and that what was ex done by baba and Iqbal and our forefathers But Sadly the newer generations forgot what scarifies their forefathers have given for them,When Nations are at the brink of destruction they change and take control of their faith or they die horrible, Pakistan is on the brink of destruction and sadly we have no leader who can guide us, every one is busy filling their Pockets , People are too busy or stuck in Light , Food , Water scenario they dont have time to think for the bigger pictures, People are fighting killing each other for money , land religion , provincePakistani nation is a full of potential and we already have seen this,when they this potential will be used for the good of people, it gone change the whole world we already have many example China , india , brazil etc, pakistanis are a nation desperate to find its identity, but we are looking in the wrong direction.

According to my limited knowledge,America only became a superpower after World War II. I think that was mainly due to the destruction of the European Empires and Great Britain having to send literally ship loads of gold and other precious stones to the United States in return for alliance against Germany.

I've not seen anyone rushing to offer Pakistan any gold but I can clearly see Pakistan has been stuck in a period of Great Depression for the past 68 years.

Baba was talking about the unity how people of different groups caste , ethnic came together and stood up for same nation and called them 1 Like Muslims did in past

... Baba was talking about the unity how people of different groups caste , ethnic came together and stood up for same nation and called them 1 Like Muslims did in past

But, America was a highly racist country during most of the 20th century. They even had separate sections for white and black people everywhere in the country.

But, America was a highly racist country during most of the 20th century. They even had separate sections for white and black people everywhere in the country.
Yeah I know But If Quaid was talking about How different states became one and joined a single group ...................

Actually America was pretty potent at the time of M.A Jinnah.. but he is not alluding to becoming America at all in terms of economic power..unless that is what you comprehend. The statement itself is self explanatory that he is referring to national integration in terms of races and nations. I still dont see what economic power or world war II was referred in his statement.

My theory is this, people wanted to be Americans, because America is rich and prosperous.

Example Tibet, Taiwan, Hong Kong and what not, don't want to be Chinese, why? We were poor, terrible image, no prestige.

But the day will come when we will be the dominate power and all this will end.

Pakistan same deal, you want people to accept being just Pakistan? Improve living conditions, and prestige. Then not only will people who are from Pakistan want to be Pakistani, but also people from else where.

Racism is different from nationalism. Please know the clear cut difference.

Yes that's right, this was a warning, that Pakistanis didn't adhere to and paid the price and are still.
It means the problem was quite well known to him (or probably to rest of leadership) even then.

Instead of cursing the past, we need to work for the future. He was one man, who gave up his life's work for us, He left his work to us to finish, now its up to us and us alone to prove if he left it to the right people or not.

I think it is the quality of leadership that we south Asians lack, one good leadership for a period of 10 years and there is a different picture.

Back
Top Bottom