What's new

Jinnah didn't know how to write or read Urdu

Pashto has a very strong history.they should have considered pashto to be made as a national language

though i agree,Urdu is a neutral language and hardly any ethnicity in Pakistan is attached to urdu

Pashto has a very strong history.they should have considered pashto to be made as a national language

though i agree,Urdu is a neutral language and hardly any ethnicity in Pakistan is attached to urdu

Punjabi's adopted urdu to such a point where they forgot to speak punjabi.

No biggie!!
Even @WebMaster doesnt know how to read urdu. :lol:

I agree!!
A Pakistani friend of mine confessed that its hard to cuss someone in urdu, which is good. :)

This is true. Ever heard two urdu speaking persons abusing each other.....
Aap nihayat...*******..... hain
Aur aap awwal darje ke ..******... hain
even while cussing they address each other as Aap...
and when things go out of limit they resort to their original dialects.

Choosing Urdu as official language was stupid. What was the logic behind it beats me since more people spoke bengali. They should have chosen two official languages, which they did end up doing but it was too late by then.

This is true. Ever heard two urdu speaking persons abusing each other.....
Aap nihayat...*******..... hain
Aur aap awwal darje ke ..******... hain
even while cussing they address each other as Aap...
and when things go out of limit they resort to their original dialects.

I have seen this happen a number of times in Lucknow .

Standing in a line I was witness to two gents arguing over their positions in the line.

It was such a contrast from Delhi and downright funny.

Wtf did I just read.
Dude. Like seriously are you dumb or something?
Except for FATA and some parts of Balochistan, literally every Pakistani knows Urdu.
Even in India most south people probably understand Hindi.
Bangladeshis and Nepalis also understand the language.
Urdu/Hindi is a common language not just in Pakistan but in entire subcontinent so that's why it's a 'neutral' language.
And secondly Hindu populace was never wiped out.
If they wanted to stay they could stay if they wanted to wilfully move to India then it was their own choice.
And regarding govt there were more immigrants because at that time the immigrant population had a literacy rate of 70% thus it was the most educated community and since it was also the most patriotic it also was most befit to lead the country on the path of development.

Gandhi was instrumental in getting hindi as the national language and Jinnah did the same for urdu as lingua fanca. If Pakistan had to choose Punjabi as a national language, there would have been chaos, i believe. I have nothing against punjabi but formal punjabi sounds so aweful.

Gandhi was instrumental in getting hindi as the national language and Jinnah did the same for urdu as lingua fanca. If Pakistan had to choose Punjabi as a national language, there would have been chaos, i believe. I have nothing against punjabi but formal punjabi sounds so aweful.

Spoken like a true Bihari

Pakistan would have been decades ahead if we had adopted English as our National Language. I am a native speaker of Urdu language but I believe learning English on a national level would have given us huge advantage in Science and Technology.

Urdu was chosen because its has no ethnic color to it. It was a language that could've worked for everyone and it does. Now every Pakistani who has been to school can speak Urdu. Bangladesh's language movement was a political ploy cooked by India to instigate agitation, the people never cared much about Bangla or Urdu. Currency from that time and official documents clearly show that Bangla had official status in both parts of the country. Again the reasons for 71 debacle are political as we should have given the East Pakistan autonomy over its matters except foreign policy, economy and defense. We were lead by men of straw and traitors who had no vision and therefore lead us into an unnecessary civil war.
you are admistrator of PDF even if you should be shamed for yourself for being in denial mode that bangladeshi themselve wanted independence from the pakisatan ! your army had committed genocide of hindus in bangladesh !

Pakistan would have been decades ahead if we had adopted English as our National Language. I am a native speaker of Urdu language but I believe learning English on a national level would have given us huge advantage in Science and Technology.
I agree to some extent but i think it was smart move by Quaid e Azam to choose urdu as national language, as people of those days had grudge for english the very reason was the British rule plus we also have managed to remain our culture intact through setting urdu as nation language which we couldnt if we had english instead.

what the hell .....

I dont know about the Arabic i cant speak it ...yet i am a muslim ............what doe it matter if one cannot speak a language ....
would you call me a non muslims if i cant speak arabic .

urdu was not the official language of Pakistan at inception. The language was declared official only in the 70s.

Besides Jinnah did compromise however, Nehru was not willing to show any flexibility rest is history.

Back
Top Bottom