What's new

Jinnah Class Revealed

A design similar to Mogami class frigate of Japan would be amazing.

JS Kumano(FFM-2) left front view at Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Tamano Shipyard November 19, 2020 03.jpg

Too big and too expensive for Pakistan.

Too big and too expensive for Pakistan.
Yeah you called up the finance minister and confirmed? I don’t know why you like to comment on things without actually having any understanding of it. You don’t know the PNs requirements or budget and you didn’t understand the guys question/comment.

Its called requirements, PN could look into something like the Mogami itself, but then it would need someone to design it first, because nobody that we could buy from makes a ship like this, not even China. Yes it could ask Turkey or China to design it, but the current ones Pakistan is ordering from Turkey are based off existing designs, this would be a ground up thing.
And even then, it would cost more, so instead of getting 6 ships maybe PN could get only 4, and they need the 6 instead of the 4.

But yes the Jinnah class could be redesigned to include to LO features like the Mogami (as the OP commented, he never said “PN should buy Mogami class”)
Otherwise the armament is the same generation on both ships.

Yeah you called up the finance minister and confirmed? I don’t know why you like to comment on things without actually having any understanding of it. You don’t know the PNs requirements or budget and you didn’t understand the guys question/comment.

Its called requirements, PN could look into something like the Mogami itself, but then it would need someone to design it first, because nobody that we could buy from makes a ship like this, not even China. Yes it could ask Turkey or China to design it, but the current ones Pakistan is ordering from Turkey are based off existing designs, this would be a ground up thing.
And even then, it would cost more, so instead of getting 6 ships maybe PN could get only 4, and they need the 6 instead of the 4.

But yes the Jinnah class could be redesigned to include to LO features like the Mogami (as the OP commented, he never said “PN should buy Mogami class”)
Otherwise the armament is the same generation on both ships.

Pakistan can't even afford Gorshkov let alone Mogami. Get real man.

Pakistan can't even afford Gorshkov let alone Mogami. Get real man.
So Pakistan cant afford those.…but can afford 9 major submarines, 10 LRMPAs and 12 major surface vessels in the span of >10 years? Your logic falls flat rather quickly doesn’t it?
The cost effectiveness of a procurement depends on where the thing comes from (so credit line and possible loans) and from and if the PN needs it. The upfront cost of a single ship is rarely a good indication of anything. Let’s say PNs requirements were of 2 ships the size of the Mogami class and not 6 ships the size of Jinnah class. I’m willing to bet those 2 would be a lot cheaper than those 6. Again, your logic falls flat rather quickly doesn’t it?

Unless you’ve become the financial advisor for the PN, you wouldn’t know how it works internally.

I think the -34 ratings on your profile say something; “I know nothing about anything but I will continue to comment because I want to.”

Last edited:
The full tonnage of Zulfiquar class is about 3100 tons.
Type 54A/AP VLS is called H/AKJ 16.
You should add "+" with max ranges of air defense missile.
Add 2X with CIWS of Zulfiquar and Type 54.
Also, mention the number of air defense and Anti ship missiles per ship available.

Rest, plz keep updating the data with availability of new information.
Question: Are GWS 26 vls reloadable ? Ie. once a ship fires a single missile from a canister can it be reloaded on the ship without being docked at a port?

Confirmation is straight from GE itself.

OK I will change it to CODAG
The full tonnage of Zulfiquar class is about 3100 tons.
Type 54A/AP VLS is called H/AKJ 16.
You should add "+" with max ranges of air defense missile.
Add 2X with CIWS of Zulfiquar and Type 54.
Also, mention the number of air defense and Anti ship missiles per ship available.

Rest, plz keep updating the data with availability of new information.
OK

You might want to add these to your list:

Radar/Sensors:Thales SMART-S Mk2 3D multibeam S-band radar (manufactured locally by Aselsan)
Thales STING-EO Mk2 I/K-band fire control system (radar and electro-optic)
Sperry Marine VisionMaster FT S-band navigation radar
Aselsan ALPER X-band radar
Aselsan ASELFLIR-300T advanced targeting system
Defense/ Countermeasures:Aselsan Laser Warning Receiver (LIAS)
Aselsan ARES-2N electronic surveillance measures (ESM)
BAE Mk36 Super Rapid Bloom Offboard Countermeasures (SRBOC) chaff and decoy system or HIZIR
Ultra Electronics Sea Sentor Surface Ship Torpedo Defense (SSTD) system
Aselsan HIZIR torpedo countermeasure system (just on F513 & F514 ships)
Other:Havelsan GENESIS combat management system (CMS)
Yaltes UNIMACS 3000 integrated platform control monitoring system
OSI Geospatial digital chart integrated navigation system
Aselsan X-band SATCOM terminals
Link 11/16
OK ....

Destroyer class will be imported at this stage, we are asking for trouble, if we try it at home. We are putting a lot of resources on "boomer"
Has the boomer's plant and missile been been decided?

Pakistan needs to go for Destroyers. Or at least go for ships like French FREMM class which have 32 VLS. 16 of those VLS are for Air Defence missiles and 16 are for ship to land long range cruise missiles. While have 8 separate Anti Ship Missiles.

Basic comparison of F-22P, Babur Class, Jinnah Class, Type-54A/P

View attachment 771285

Chart is open for ratification/addition or deletion .
Excellent, loved it. Tonnage difference is moderately different. Is it because volume is in play with slight difference in missioin profile?

Can someone share how different tonnage will make a difference in mission profile of various surface combat ships?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom