What's new

JH-7 fighter/bomber is able to shoot down stealth aircraft at medium range.

This pic reminds me of the F4
AFD-090722-122.jpg

Hi,

I believe that Turkey just retired the F $ Growler last year.

India does not have f22, so why bring f22 here.

Hi,

It is the potency factor of this aircraft that is important---it was just used as an example.

India does not have f22, so why bring f22 here.

what does India have to do with this topic?

In its report, mil.news.sina.com.cn says that the new electronic variant of the JH-7 fighter/bomber is able to shoot down stealth aircraft at medium range.

The new JH-7 uses technology similar to the USEA-18G and is able to shoot down the US F-22 stealth fighter jet.

China has developed electronic equipment similar to that used on the US EA-18G.

As JH-7 can carry a heavy load, it is precisely the right warplane to carry such equipment.

Te report says that the JH-7 has a similar combat radius and speed to the J-10 and the J-11.

Some JH-7s and J-10s or J-11s can form a comprehensive combat group with JH-7 electronic fighters providing electronic interference.

That will enable J-10s or J-11s to avoid being attacked by stealth fighters.

In addition, due to the JH-7’s large loading capacity, The JH-7 can carry, in addition to the heavy electronic equipment, some anti-radiation and medium-range air-to-air missiles to shoot down stealth fighters it has detects.

Moreover, a JH-7 electronic fighter/bomber will to some extent be stealthy.

Through various modifications, a new variant JH-7B has been developed to be stealthy.

The new JH-7B is expected to be put into series production this year.
China says its new JH-7 electronic fighter is able to shoot down stealth aircraft at medium range | China Daily Mail
12-china-jh-7.jpg

I was referring to this quote
The new JH-7 uses technology similar to the USEA-18G and is able to shoot down the US F-22 stealth fighter jet

:disagree::disagree::disagree:

In its report, mil.news.sina.com.cn says that the new electronic variant of the JH-7 fighter/bomber is able to shoot down stealth aircraft at medium range.

The new JH-7 uses technology similar to the USEA-18G and is able to shoot down the US F-22 stealth fighter jet.

As JH-7 can carry a heavy load, it is precisely the right warplane to carry such equipment.

Te report says that the JH-7 has a similar combat radius and speed to the J-10 and the J-11.

Some JH-7s and J-10s or J-11s can form a comprehensive combat group with JH-7 electronic fighters providing electronic interference.

In addition, due to the JH-7’s large loading capacity, The JH-7 can carry, in addition to the heavy electronic equipment, some anti-radiation and medium-range air-to-air missiles to shoot down stealth fighters it has detects.

Through various modifications, a new variant JH-7B has been developed to be stealthy.

China says its new JH-7 electronic fighter is able to shoot down stealth aircraft at medium range | China Daily Mail
12-china-jh-7.jpg

1. They expect JH-7B could reach the EA-18G level ( this is not what they already have )
2. EA-18G ever killed YF-22 in a stimulated game ( this is a rare case, in very rare time )
ea18g_f22kill-thumb-445x333.jpg

3. So they make above statement. Moron

1024px-YF-22.jpg

In many respects, the YF-22s were different from production F-22s

Last edited:

12-china-jh-7.jpg
Where are the pictures of this Jet ? I mean pictures of JH-7 B JH-7 A ?

For the PAF, the first priority is ACCESS DENIAL. That requires large numbers of Interceptors and Multi-Role jets. If you can deny access and shoot down invading enemy aircraft and make them lost 50% of their invading force, TRUST ME, they'll be on the negotiating table VERY quickly. No one wants to show a total headcount of the SU-30's reduced by a 100 with a week, its embarrassing, destroys moral and makes you much weaker militarily.

The strike platforms in Pakistan's limited area, can be standoff munitions and missiles like conventional Nasars and all. Firing 50 Nasar and actually hitting the enemy based on GPS real time, is MUCH cheaper than buying a JH7B. I'd rather go and buy a -16 of a J-11D or a FC-20 even, that I can use to potentially take down another invading SU-30 or a couple of Mirages or a Rafale........as that is where its going to hurt a lot to India. Losing 150 planes will push them back by 5-10 years from becoming a "regional" soup-o-powa!!!
wow! 150 SU 30 will be decimated by mighty PAF without even breaking a sweat !

wow! 150 SU 30 will be decimated by mighty PAF without even breaking a sweat !

I knew someone would make a comment like this, without reading OR understanding the entire thread!! Use your common sense, would it be possible? Did you see anywhere in my posts where I might've suggested that PAF would or can take out 50 SU-30's without losing anything?

I knew someone would make a comment like this, without reading OR understanding the entire thread!! Use your common sense, would it be possible? Did you see anywhere in my posts where I might've suggested that PAF would or can take out 50 SU-30's without losing anything?
nothing new here sir! i have seen worse boasting regarding nukes! oh we will nuke india and blah blah blah !

I have seen similar statements many times in the past, specially in the past 15 years. What this means is, we are baking a cake, its in the oven. When it gets out (that could be a long when), we think it'll look like an American cake. But please remember, looks ain't the only thing. It needs to TASTE like an American cake too (meaning functionality should be on par).

This "electronic equipment" is either a copy, or tech that's brand new. In either case, the Chinese have never been able to come up with a working product the first time around, and specially at this level of complexity (so far at least in my 20 years of studying military developments). So we'll see when something is actually sold to someone.

Plus, why put this sensitive kind of equipment on a strike / bomber jet only? The real threat that the -22 possesses is to dozens of SU-27, SU-30, J-11's, J-16's, J-10 and all. Wouldn't it make sense to put it inside the jets which would face the American stealthy planes on daily basis?

nothing new here sir! i have seen worse boasting regarding nukes! oh we will nuke india and blah blah blah !

One thing I don't do, is to present things out of reality. You can count on that. The topic was the need for the JH-7, my suggestion was to focus on countering the SU-30's, Mirage 200's, Mig 29's and all. JH-7 is strike platform, it may never make it to the target. But the better option was to invest in more planes to increase existing numbers of -16's and JFT or another platform focusing on countering the Indian attack. You take down 50-60 SU-30's, negotiations will happen VERY fast. But there will be a cost of that. What the SU-30's will take down, its everyone's guess. It carries a bigger load of BVR missiles obviously.

I have seen similar statements many times in the past, specially in the past 15 years. What this means is, we are baking a cake, its in the oven. When it gets out (that could be a long when), we think it'll look like an American cake. But please remember, looks ain't the only thing. It needs to TASTE like an American cake too (meaning functionality should be on par).

This "electronic equipment" is either a copy, or tech that's brand new. In either case, the Chinese have never been able to come up with a working product the first time around, and specially at this level of complexity (so far at least in my 20 years of studying military developments). So we'll see when something is actually sold to someone.

Plus, why put this sensitive kind of equipment on a strike / bomber jet only? The real threat that the -22 possesses is to dozens of SU-27, SU-30, J-11's, J-16's, J-10 and all. Wouldn't it make sense to put it inside the jets which would face the American stealthy planes on daily basis?

China does not have anything near EA-18G capability, they may have Active ECM (or even Passive ECM) but they are no where near the EW Suit EA-18G offer, my guess is Chinese PLAAF have achieve L/Pod technology that F-105 uses in Vietnam War (QRC-128 jamming pod), which fits in the model, both JH-7 and F-105 are strike fighter, and the Jamming Capacity is probably with the same requirement as well.

But the EA-18G (or even EA-6B Prowler) have a lot different mission profile than simply the Jamming Pod used in F--105 back in the days. It process active/passive jamming capacity, scope enhancement, and build in communication and information sharing component which basically make fighter fighting with that Growler at least as capable as the growler hence the EA-18G becoming a Force Multiplier.

Back
Top Bottom