What's new

JF17 will be equal to F16 after upgrades

ooo yaar bas kardo bc JF 17 aur F16 ka comparison kahan Chinese Junk... kidhar F16

Lol..
PAF has no hidden capabilities that could translate into anything meaningful in IndoPak scenario.

my dear brother, why has many a time in history small, under armed forces have vanquished mighty empires. there is always capabilities tactics etc the general public are not aware of

If a full scale war actually becomes reality and the air forces decide to come out full force then the first operations will be SEAD/DEAD types with exchanges of anti-radiation missiles etc. Indians are banking on Su-30 + Brahmos combination to which MLRS is a good response. Pakistan will be using ground hugging cruise missiles for this role. Simultaneously, FABs will be targeted through MLRS and BRBMs. For simplicity, let's take the naval element out of the picture. Let's give 72 hrs until both sides have punched through each other's air defences and FABs do not exist any more. This is when true air battles would start. That's 72 hours for either temperaments to cool.down, or 72 hours for the likes of China, Russia, and America to jump into the game. Things would then escalate towards a world war. It's not likely to happen. Meanwhile, all those forward airbases destroyed will mean lots of aircraft lost as well. For a country like Pakistan with limited strategic depth against an adversary like India with deeply protected territory, it DOES NOT make sense to acquire hugely expensive aircraft which will go out of service within 3 days of war. Planes like SU-30 and EFT require a huge supporting infrastructure as well. Whereas we have proven capability of landing on highways, NONE of the Indian aircraft have shown this proven capability, and especially not heavy weights such as SU-30. The decision to buy a particular aircraft involves many more variables than internet warriors care to consider.

Armament
  • Guns: 1× 23 mm cannon pod (mounted on centreline hardpoint)
  • Hardpoints: 5, total capacity 1,000 kg (2,205 lb) external fuel and ordnance:
  • 4× under-wing, capacity 250 kg each
  • 1× under-fuselage (23 mm cannon pod mount)
  • Rockets: 57 mm unguided rocket pods, capacity 24 rounds (2 x pods with 12 rounds each)
  • Air-to-air missiles: PL-5, PL-7
  • Bombs: 200 kg, 250 kg unguided bomb, BL755 cluster bomb
  • Others: 2× 80 gal fuel drop-tanks mounted on outboard under-wing hardpoint
Nice little mud-mover?

Yes, I understand. However, a single seat version can be a more dedicated aircraft, carry far more fuel, and not difficult to produce. A lot of other trainers have progressed to a single seat variant.

Did you bother to read my entire comment, or did you just decide to cherry pick?

You can call it whatever you want to. If I wrote a post and 50% of that may have been right, but the rest 50% was off...would you address the part that you agree with or the one you disagree with as its against the logic? That's not cherry picking. That's just addressing what was wrong.

You can call it whatever you want to. If I wrote a post and 50% of that may have been right, but the rest 50% was off...would you address the part that you agree with or the one you disagree with as its against the logic? That's not cherry picking. That's just addressing what was wrong.
If the 50% you relies on context from the other 50%, it's cherry picking.

You literally didn't even bother reading my comment, and just decided to comment on the first point that you disagreed with, without understanding the context.

If it is the case PAF now forget F 16 and think of air superiority jet to cobrate with Multirole Thunder in Attack and defence role we need heavy duty fighter

We can get 50 to 60 SU 35 with 5 billions order

Its still shrouded in mist whether the new aircraft will be stealth type (J-31, TFX etc) or 4.5 Gen (the likes of SU-35,EF etc).

A stealth aircraft paired with 2-4 JF-17's or F-16's guiding them through data link can prove to be quite effective. It can also operate alone on its own relying on stealth though it may lack the range and carry less armament than JF-17/F-16. It will however be expensive to maintain and operate concerning sustained CAP's or round the clock operations during war. Probably better utilised as an alert fighter to compliment CAP fighters. PAF can get an edge if it procures and inducts a 5th gen aircraft before IAF does.

A 4.5 gen aircraft on the other hand may carry out the brunt of operations in enemy airspace. It will be expected to strike anywhere in enemy territory and also carry out high altitude BVR engagement if need be. It may lack stealthy features but can carry more armament, will have longer range and even work effectively with JF-17 and F-16. It can also be procured in more numbers than a stealth aircraft, probably a squadron or 2 more. Such an aircraft can also take part in Naval operations for PN especially in ops where Mirages cannot reach. It will be able to take on IAF SU-30/Rafale one on one if a situation arises.

Its still shrouded in mist whether the new aircraft will be stealth type (J-31, TFX etc) or 4.5 Gen (the likes of SU-35,EF etc).

A stealth aircraft paired with 2-4 JF-17's or F-16's guiding them through data link can prove to be quite effective. It can also operate alone on its own relying on stealth though it may lack the range and carry less armament than JF-17/F-16. It will however be expensive to maintain and operate concerning sustained CAP's or round the clock operations during war. Probably better utilised as an alert fighter to compliment CAP fighters. PAF can get an edge if it procures and inducts a 5th gen aircraft before IAF does.

A 4.5 gen aircraft on the other hand may carry out the brunt of operations in enemy airspace. It will be expected to strike anywhere in enemy territory and also carry out high altitude BVR engagement if need be. It may lack stealthy features but can carry more armament, will have longer range and even work effectively with JF-17 and F-16. It can also be procured in more numbers than a stealth aircraft, probably a squadron or 2 more. Such an aircraft can also take part in Naval operations for PN especially in ops where Mirages cannot reach. It will be able to take on IAF SU-30/Rafale one on one if a situation arises.

JF-17s are enough to take on SU-30 one on one based on first shoot first kill philosophy.

ACM says our refuelling capability gives us more targeting options because it increases the range of our jets.

Block-3 might be surpassing F-16's block 30's ... with of course many " If " integrations of new systems to JF blk 3 like HOBS, AESA , More Hard points .. etc but i doubt blk 3 will be beating blk 52 anytime soon ..

If block-3 comes with AESA radar and advance avionics then it will surpass Block-50/52 in many areas making it close or similar to block-60.

If block-3 comes with AESA radar and advance avionics then it will surpass Block-50/52 in many areas making it close or similar to block-60.

Not a chance in hell.

The JF17 is too lightweight and has poor TWR in its current design and engine capacity. Averaging just 0.95 TWR.
The small size means the radar the thunder carrys is smaller in size than the F16
Finally the thunder does not have the vast range of superior western weapons package.

The only chinease fighter that can go toe to toe will be the J10C

Average TWR of block 52 is 1.3 giving much better str agility and power.

DONT get me wrong adding AESA will improve Thunder BUT block 52 can still kick its arse due to limitations and smaller size and inferior engines and jammers and weapons

Not a chance in hell.

The JF17 is too lightweight and has poor TWR in its current design and engine capacity. Averaging just 0.95 TWR.
The small size means the radar the thunder carrys is smaller in size than the F16
Finally the thunder does not have the vast range of superior western weapons package.

The only chinease fighter that can go toe to toe will be the J10C

Average TWR of block 52 is 1.3 giving much better str agility and power.

DONT get me wrong adding AESA will improve Thunder BUT block 52 can still kick its arse due to limitations and smaller size and inferior engines and jammers and weapons

Did I talked about weight or size of the air craft in my post?? Do you have any Idea what AESA radar is? and what it adds over PD radar?? How capable EW systems are which support AESA radar or work along with it? Block-3 JFT will be most advance bird in PAF, period.

Did I talked about weight or size of the air craft in my post?? Do you have any Idea what AESA radar is? and what it adds over PD radar?? How capable EW systems are which support AESA radar or work along with it? Block-3 JFT will be most advance bird in PAF, period.

I'm fraid not

Not with cheap chinease electronics
poor chinease radars
unproven weapons
and small size limiting power range and load

You clearly have no idea of the crucial link between size and power of the engines influencing the size and efficiency of radars be it MSA PESA OR AESA

The chinease build The JF17 the J10 & THE Flankers J11 & J16

They have inducted 300 J10 & over 200 Flankers with plans to build 200 more J11 & J16s

DO YOU KNOW how many JF17 they have inducted = zero

AND that ZERO will not change ..

WHY ..........because of the severe limitations I have mentioned..

Of course National pride is important and you bigging uop the JF17 is natural

But make no mistake its THE F16/52 that will danmage the Indians NOT the JF17 which all Indians hope you continue to induct and spend your very limited resources on

Back
Top Bottom