What's new

JF17 Final version

yeah i know.....but that article gives a clue and how long this project azm will take....and why stop gap will be required to fill the gaps b/w current JF17s and Azm.

this is the context in which i shared this report.
just speculating, think that with a current production level and induction of block-1 to block-2 when we complete the development of semi stealth version of JF-17 2050 , think logically and use the commonsense, its wise to consider that will buy of the shelf products like MIG-35/J-10C/J-16 @Umair Nawaz :crazy:

just speculating, think that with a current production level and induction of block-1 to block-2 when we complete the development of semi stealth version of JF-17 2050 , think logically and use the commonsense, its wise to consider that will buy of the shelf products like MIG-35/J-10C/J-16 @Umair Nawaz :crazy:
blk4 will fly in 4-5 years

@pakistanipower u need to see things post 27 feb scenario.....JF17 has come out to be a monster, now either Pakistan nor China will allow this project to be stopped after mere blk3,4. !0 new international industries have now shown keen interest to work or give their tech. to this project post 27 feb. What does that indicate to you?

My dear like i said before these models shown here specially from Chinese Airshow are not a lie or fake.

I leave u with Sohail Aman's iconic Statement ; JF17 KEEPS US VERY BUSY BUT IT IS OUR DESTINY!

double engine jets wont be coming in PAF for foreseeable future(mig35 or Su35 or chinese). Even Project Azm is a single engine design(clean sheet).......Only for Maritime role they may come like Navy has long been interested in J-11B.

blk4 will fly in 4-5 years

@pakistanipower u need to see things post 27 feb scenario.....JF17 has come out to be a monster, now either Pakistan nor China will allow this project to be stopped after mere blk3,4. !0 new international industries have now shown keen interest to work or give their tech. to this project post 27 feb. What does that indicate to you?

My dear like i said before these models shown here specially from Chinese Airshow are not a lie or fake.

I leave u with Sohail Aman's iconic Statement ; JF17 KEEPS US VERY BUSY BUT IT IS OUR DESTINY!

double engine jets wont be coming in PAF for foreseeable future(mig35 or Su35 or chinese). Even Project Azm is a single engine design(clean sheet).......Only for Maritime role they may come like Navy has long been interested in J-11B.
Just spreading your false assertion/rumors, after 2030 JF-17 will become obsolete, and semi stealth version is whole ball game NEW FIGHTER JET PROJECT AND DOESN"T RATES TO JF-17 PROJECT @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Just spreading your false assertion/rumors, after 2030 JF-17 will become obsolete, and semi stealth version is whole ball game NEW FIGHTER JET PROJECT AND DOESN"T RATES TO JF-17 PROJECT @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:
o lala i know but blk1, and 2 will be obsolete.......not Blk3.

So u even know Blk3 is also in a lot of ways new fighter? it was a fatter fuselage like F16C/D vs F16AM/BM?

Same way aircraft wise or airframe design wise Blk4,5,6 will be new too with semi stealth features RAM coating etc etc.

o lala i know but blk1, and 2 will be obsolete.......not Blk3.

So u even know Blk3 is also in a lot of ways new fighter? it was a fatter fuselage like F16C/D vs F16AM/BM?

Same way aircraft wise or airframe design wise Blk4,5,6 will be new too with semi stealth features RAM coating etc etc.
oh bhai world is moving towards 5th/6th gen jets and you're still considering block-3 jets worth while, JF-17 is transitional project to gain a know how/knowledge to develop a modern fighter jets, and cut your stupid crap about BLK-4/5/6 and semi stealth version of JF-17, you're just spreading false rumors/seculations of yours, their will be no BLK-4/5/6 or semi stealth version of JF-17, i believe on PAF officials not your false assertions/speculations @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:

you're just have false assumptions/speculations as for RAFALE/F-35 threats posed by India there are options like J-10C/J-11/J-31, after block -3 or may be block-4 there will be no more further version of JF-17 especially SEMI STEALTH VERSION because if this project will proceed to SEMI STEALTH version it will me no more JF-17 project but a whole new project because its STRUCTURALLY/MECHANICALLY different from current JF-17 @Umair Nawaz
Are you suggesting that just fine tuning the nose and edges around dsi will be a significant structural change? also why are we adding quadruple axis fbw?

It would have been interesting if customized versions of JF-17 would have been made:

1. ADF version (provisions for towed decoys, buddy refueling, standard MER for BVR, redesigned SD-10 or PL-15 launcher)
2. Specialized ground attack version (Night attack capable, tree top height, ability to carry AGM-65 or similar payload)
3. EW version (jammers and electronic attack)
4. Stealth version (redesigned frame)
5. SEAD/DEAD version (MAR-1 and other HARM carrying capable, inbuilt targeting pod)
6. Naval/Carrier capable Version (carrier landing version, different air frame to save from early corrosion operating above seas and oceans)

Are you suggesting that just fine tuning the nose and edges around dsi will be a significant structural change? also why are we adding quadruple axis fbw?
Currently there are hybrid fbw system on JF-17, all modern fighter jets using digital fbw system, because of inherently unstable design at longitude
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relaxed_stability
if we contour edges/noses wiring and weapon pylons should be relocated according to design change @CodeforFood

It would have been interesting if customized versions of JF-17 would have been made:

1. ADF version (provisions for towed decoys, buddy refueling, standard MER for BVR, redesigned SD-10 or PL-15 launcher)
2. Specialized ground attack version (Night attack capable, tree top height, ability to carry AGM-65 or similar payload)
5. SEAD/DEAD version (MAR-1 and other HARM carrying capable, inbuilt targeting pod)
6. Naval/Carrier capable Version (carrier landing version, different air frame to save from early corrosion operating above seas and oceans)
I think they need to consider custom modifications to select batches for specified roles.

Currently there are hybrid fbw system on JF-17, all modern fighter jets using digital fbw system, because of inherently unstable design at longitude
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relaxed_stability
if we contour edges/noses wiring and weapon pylons should be relocated according to design change @CodeforFood
You may be right and again I am no expert...
But I would think that these minor changes would not have any major structural changes and even if it does the testing that are being done with digital fbw would possibly be able to accommodate some of the testing..

single answer for your all suggestion is one word MULTIROLE @Signalian and your 2 and 5 point will merge in a single fuselage, no need for Stealth version if we already working on Project AZM or in future we will get a version of J-31 @Signalian :angel:

You may be right and again I am no expert...
But I would think that these minor changes would not have any major structural changes and even if it does the testing that are being done with digital fbw would possibly be able to accommodate some of the testing..
If you contour edges/noses the center of gravity will change accordingly @CodeforFood

single answer for your all suggestion is one word MULTIROLE @Signalian and your 2 and 5 point will merge in a single fuselage, no need for Stealth version if we already working on Project AZM or in future we will get a version of J-31 @Signalian :angel:
Can't put everything in one without compromise on something else.

1. F-15 is a heavy-weight fighter, while JF-17 is lightweight.
2. Does Silent Eagle have any orders until now?
you are absolutely right Bro its a 5th generation fighter jets ERA...

oh bhai world is moving towards 5th/6th gen jets and you're still considering block-3 jets worth while, JF-17 is transitional project to gain a know how/knowledge to develop a modern fighter jets, and cut your stupid crap about BLK-4/5/6 and semi stealth version of JF-17, you're just spreading false rumors/seculations of yours, their will be no BLK-4/5/6 or semi stealth version of JF-17, i believe on PAF officials not your false assertions/speculations @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:
I think it is a matter of upgradability of the air frame. We know from F16s that the life of a project can extend to 50 years. If PAF can still use 60s tech M3/5s in 2019 why can we not use the Thunder in 2040-50? However the caveat here is potential for upgrade of air frame. If that potential is there then we will continue with further blocks with appropriate upgrades. If not we will stop at Block 3. PAFs target has now gone up to 250 air frames so we can easily have block 4 and 5. Whether there will be radical redesign or not remains to be seen but the likelihood is keeping in mind the caution with which the Chinese make changes that most external features may remain the same. We can still incorporate certain features like CFT silent Eagle type concealed weapons bay. Recessed weapons . These can come on in future platforms if the advantage is there and these changes MAY NOT be cost prohibitive.
A

Back
Top Bottom