What's new

JF17 Final version

oh bhai world is moving towards 5th/6th gen jets and you're still considering block-3 jets worth while, JF-17 is transitional project to gain a know how/knowledge to develop a modern fighter jets, and cut your stupid crap about BLK-4/5/6 and semi stealth version of JF-17, you're just spreading false rumors/seculations of yours, their will be no BLK-4/5/6 or semi stealth version of JF-17, i believe on PAF officials not your false assertions/speculations @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:
are u sure u believe PAF officials? because i have quoted AM Shahid Latif and ACM Sohail Aman.

are u sure u believe PAF officials? because i have quoted AM Shahid Latif and ACM Sohail Aman.
Shoail aman said there is no semi stealth version of JF-17 block-4 might be standard JF-17 with CFT and Avionics+ radar upgrade may be with new engine, and if block-5/6 will be build in the future, than block-6 will completed after 2035-2040,this time JF-17 block-5/6 will be obsolete @Umair Nawaz

I think it is a matter of upgradability of the air frame. We know from F16s that the life of a project can extend to 50 years. If PAF can still use 60s tech M3/5s in 2019 why can we not use the Thunder in 2040-50? However the caveat here is potential for upgrade of air frame. If that potential is there then we will continue with further blocks with appropriate upgrades. If not we will stop at Block 3. PAFs target has now gone up to 250 air frames so we can easily have block 4 and 5. Whether there will be radical redesign or not remains to be seen but the likelihood is keeping in mind the caution with which the Chinese make changes that most external features may remain the same. We can still incorporate certain features like CFT silent Eagle type concealed weapons bay. Recessed weapons . These can come on in future platforms if the advantage is there and these changes MAY NOT be cost prohibitive.
A
yes im of the same view...... with 1553 and 1760 databus architecture, its complete avionic suit is based on dual and quad redundant concept it has capacity of 100% avionics upgrade for future requirements.

Shoail aman said there is no semi stealth version of JF-17 block-4 might be standard JF-17 with CFT and Avionics+ radar upgrade may be with new engine, and if block-5/6 will be build in the future, than block-6 will completed after 2035-2040,this time JF-17 block-5/6 will be obsolete @Umair Nawaz
yes but i told u in what context he was saying that and whats the project azm's status is right now....According to Sohail Aman the prototype will fly till 2024/25 and production will begin in 2027/28.....But thats not the case anymore as seen by janes article i showed....Now it will be late.

Dont get me wrong i do share yr concern abt world going towards 6/7th gen aircraft concept and i do feel that we r late into adventuring into 5th gen field...However this just makes the likelihood of JF17 to continue as Araz also said. And u also need to keep in mind abt recent Shaheen Exe. and J10C tech and capabilities.....This is what Blk3 is likely to have and thats why probably its production been late till 2021/22 by current ACM

yes but i told u in what context he was saying that and whats the project azm's status is right now....According to Sohail Aman the prototype will fly till 2024/25 and production will begin in 2027/28.....But thats not the case anymore as seen by janes article i showed....Now it will be late.

Dont get me wrong i do share yr concern abt world going towards 6/7th gen aircraft concept and i do feel that we r late into adventuring into 5th gen field...However this just makes the likelihood of JF17 to continue as Araz also said. And u also need to keep in mind abt recent Shaheen Exe. and J10C tech and capabilities.....This is what Blk3 is likely to have and thats why probably its production been late till 2021/22 by current ACM
We have other options left we need fighter jet ASAP to replace Mirages/F-7PG, the development of block-4/5/6 takes time look at the duration between block-2 to block-3 takes 6 years for research and development, if current trends continue block- might appear after 2040 and if block -6 appear it will be standard air frame just like current JF-17 with latest avionics+ radar @Umair Nawaz and its cheaper to buy off the shelf than researching all new semi stealth version of JF-17 we need new jet ASAP for counter RAFALE and projected F-35 for India @Umair Nawaz

We have other options left we need fighter jet ASAP to replace Mirages/F-7PG, the development of block-4/5/6 takes time look at the duration between block-2 to block-3 takes 6 years for research and development, if current trends continue block- might appear after 2040 and if block -6 appear it will be standard air frame just like current JF-17 with latest avionics+ radar @Umair Nawaz and its cheaper to buy off the shelf than researching all new semi stealth version of JF-17 we need new jet ASAP for counter RAFALE and projected F-35 for India @Umair Nawaz
lala g Blk4 will fly in next 4 years........let the Blk3 come it will be a different plane thats why it took time. Next blocks like 4,5.6 etc will be based on her and will replace the old versions like Blk1,2 after F7s......Mirage will still stay although in limited numbers.

lala g Blk4 will fly in next 4 years........let the Blk3 come it will be a different plane thats why it took time. Next blocks like 4,5.6 etc will be based on her and will replace the old versions like Blk1,2 after F7s......Mirage will still stay although in limited numbers.
ok believe what you want, but reality is there is no semi stealth version of JF-17 but standard air frame with latest avionics+radar+engine+CFT @Umair Nawaz

thats why im saying wait for the day u see Blk3, its prototype may fly on 14th august this year.
look kid you're overestimating the capabilities of JF-17 in future we will see major threats in form of MKI/RAFALE/Mirage-2000/ACMA and may be F-35 where semi stealth version JF-17s stand, think about it @Umair Nawaz :crazy::crazy::crazy:

look kid you're overestimating the capabilities of JF-17 in future we will see major threats in form of MKI/RAFALE/Mirage-2000/ACMA and may be F-35 where semi stealth version JF-17s stand, think about it @Umair Nawaz :crazy::crazy::crazy:

JF17 is not the end. JF17 will only have block-3 than their will be upgrades but not new production aircrafts as JF17 is planned to stop production in 150-250 aircrafts. There might be an interim solution probably J10 only if extreme need arise or additional F16s (I don't like it). Other than that things will transition from JF17 to Project AZM Aircraft. Infact JF17 block-3 is somewhat part of or base of Project AZM in a sense.

What will replace the 200 some JF-17s down the line?
Yes I think it would be newer blocks of JF-17 that will replace the ones in service now 20 years down the line. Not any different from how F-16's earlier blocks were replaced by newer ones. Not only would that be the most economical situation for Pakistan, it will serve us well in continuity of our military industrial complex and keeping a large force of experienced engineers and technicians. Over time, we will keep creating more and more of the systems and subsystems in house and improving upon the design of the jet. It will also give us the export potential for us. Again, look at the F-16 as an example. They are still selling new jets 40+ years after it first came in on the scene. I hope to see the same with JF-17.

block 3 xd!

Attachments

• jf-17 block 3.jpg
    jf-17 block 3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 139
Majority of block 3 will be dual seaters per info from xxxx and rest single seaters not sure what the final tally would be time will tell

Being a major upgrade expecting some structural changes like additional pylons and may be some area ruling revision time will tell

View attachment 551745

View attachment 551746

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom