What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

This truly made my day.

I knew the girls would eventually get on the JF-17 once the B-variant made it to the No. 18 Squadron (Sharp Shooters).

1.jpg
2.jpg

I blurred out the Host. [Manhoos lagta hai].

Note: I had designed the first Patch of the JF-17 for the girls of the Sharp Shooters. I wish I could share the image, but have been asked not to by the group.

This truly made my day.

I knew the girls would eventually get on the JF-17 once the B-variant made it to the No. 18 Squadron (Sharp Shooters).

I blurred out the Host. [Manhoos lagta hai].

Note: I had designed the first Patch of the JF-17 for the girls of the Sharp Shooters. I wish I could share the image, but have been asked not to by the group.

lol about the host

So BOL news defence day documentary (with stupid presenter) revealed that the last Thunder B us 620.
The Thunder B numbering started from 601 and last is 620.
So PAF got 20 in Total. One crashed. 19 flying as of today. Well 17, as one is being upgraded and one is yet to be delivered.
But the final tally is 20x minus 9ne crashed.
Screenshot_20210915-013336_Video Player.jpg

So BOL news defence day documentary (with stupid presenter) revealed that the last Thunder B us 620.
The Thunder B numbering started from 601 and last is 620.
So PAF got 20 in Total. One crashed. 19 flying as of today. Well 17, as one is being upgraded and one is yet to be delivered.
But the final tally is 20x minus 9ne crashed.
View attachment 777948

26 were ordered per last news
12 were delivered in 2019 and 14 in 2020

100 JF17-B, would be good figure , since we do serial Production

I find the JF17 -B could be very versatile for PAF , specially for training new Pilots

BRAVO (20-626)

Photo-3974.jpg
OK.
26 were ordered per last news
12 were delivered in 2019 and 14 in 2020
Got my answer in the above post 626 being tested, so 26 were actually produced.
620 being the last to be delivered, may be because of problems with the unit.
If they find any issues, the unit gets held back and rectified.

New builds already have them, earlier roll-outs are being upgraded.

All dual seater will also be getting aesa radar unless plans are changed
If that was the case then all B's would have been grounded until the bug was fixed, but I did not hear any such thing.

From what I have heard, the plane did not come down due to any bird strike but pilots had to eject (about 1.5 secs prior to the impact) because of irresponsive controls while on the finals
Though not much could be ascertained from this snippet of information, my personal conjecture would be that it happened either due to some potential bug in the control software or multiple sensors failure. Bravo model being a full axis FBW, might some new piece of S/W be undergoing tests that lead to the catastrophic failure ?.

The GIBS being a senior fellow (think the 2IC), survived with significant injuries. while the youngster in the front came out all okay. Both crew survived and that is what important. Thanks Almighty.

we have the delivery of 26 x JF17B

we may not have there serials but 26 were built as per spoke mans also

Back
Top Bottom