What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Get rid of those unsightly hinges which probably cause poor aerodynamics

Those are just small hinges, not a loading rack to effect aerodynamics that much. But I agree that they look ugly. Hopefully we will get a upward opening canopy in the production model rather than sideways.

Sir please encircle about which hinges u r talking, want to see
Look where the canopy joins the frame.

The two threads based upon PT2 JF-17B are merged here Sir. Or you suggest that all the JF-17B be gathered at one place? For which I say Yes.

The same with the fifth generation project AZM ... there are at least three threads running. IMO they could be merged, but I'm not able to moderate in the PAF-section.

Deino

The two threads based upon PT2 JF-17B are merged here Sir. Or you suggest that all the JF-17B be gathered at one place? For which I say Yes.
PLEASE DO SO FOR BOTH THE TOPICS. We do need to declutter this board.
Kindest regards
A

Last edited:
In my mind I just say to myself this is really JF18 , becasue it really looks drastically different
Might as well Just call it JF18?

Last edited:
Good step. But it says 2nd prototype which signifies changes. Can someone find out what changes/modifications have been made?
There are a couple of threads running on the subject. We need to amalgamate knowledge into one place. Mods can we please merge the relevant threads together.
A

Will reply later with pics, but from a frontal view, the body itself (not just wingspan) is looking wider. There is a depression around the DSI intakes, somewhat akin to Rafale, which means better intake flow control at higher speeds. The aircraft is also looking lengthier. I expect higher payload, better top speed, possibly better high speed turn performance (but don't quote me on this).

Hi,

I am really surprised at your comment---after #2 is #3---the #4 then 5 then 6, 7 and 8-and 9, 10, 11 & 12---.

Isn't that how a production line starts---.
sorry sir . i thought its a prototype and may be they bring some improvement . i dnt know much about that am just learner

sorry sir . i thought its a prototype and may be they bring some improvement . i dnt know much about that am just learner

Hi,

It is a prototype---but still a fully functional aircraft---. All the future abilities and capabilities of the 2 seater would be based on these first aircraft.

The 2nd aircraft means that the 1st aircraft in question is successful to go to the next next level.

wanna be pilots politicians mediaguys and pak army generals will be so happy lets see whom ride first in jf-17

The only difference I can spot is the addition of a proper radome. The one on the first prototype was painted in primer (atleast initially) suggesting they weren't testing the radar to begin with. With this prototype it seems to suggest they have (or are planning to) test the radar day 1.

The same with the fifth generation project AZM ... there are at least three threads running. IMO they could be merged, but I'm not able to moderate in the PAF-section.

Deino

Hi,

Do you notice any difference in the tail or the engine exhaust!!!!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom