What's new

JF-17 Thunder Serial Number Pictorial Collection

I have noticed the same discrepancy in my pictures for the JF-17. Cant explain the reason really, that would be up to Kamra I suppose.
For the 15-206 vs 16-206, the latter is the correct number.
View attachment 589492
You can see 15-206 tail number here as well on and aircraft without any squadron markings. Its not the case of a paint job but might rather my speculation is it has something to do with which year the airframe actually entered service, not necessarily finished production? These few jets might have overlapped 2015 and 2016 and the year corrected accordingly.
You can see this happen with the K-3E as well where the year on the serial number updated from expected year/date of service to actual service entry. Here is an example of what I am talking about.

View attachment 589493
View attachment 589494

When you say "entered service", do you mean when the aircraft is physically handed over to the air force and assigned to a squadron or whenever it's assigned on paper?

Can we have locked thread that has all the pictures in sequence and that can be updated by the Mods only. This way general chit chat can continue and we can have a collection of all the birds in one place.

Just a suggestion. Because it becomes difficult to go through the entire thread among all the post to find them

Better picture of 13-147
photo_9999_239594.jpg

So, here is a game for you kids, which fighter pilot needs to lay off the samosa's and kebabs from the above picture???
No1 snd 5 starting from the right. But as long as they are fit they should be ok.
A

Anyone have 09-111 in grey paint as I have only found the ones in green.

JF-17 Thunder 09-111G.jpg

Anyone have a full pic of 10-118 please? I only have one partial pic of it.

JF-17 Thunder 10-118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom