What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I dont think you get how MBDA works.

Anyway,

The CAMM-ER is an ITALIAN project, not an MBDA project as a whole, its an ITALIAN(MBDA IT) Development of a British Italian missile. Meteor is a JV between NUMEROUS countries requiring clearance from them ALL for re-export of controlled components, French workshare in the meteor is also greater than it is in CAMM-ER(nonexistent).

mastan has a habit of talking out of his posterior, dont mind him.
Makes sense, thanks.

1624123584520.png

I have spend some good time reading about JF-17 thunder and watching its videos. One complaint that I had was, I never saw block 2s displayed and flying in an air show. Back in 2015 Paris air show we flew block 1 since block 2 wasn't even out yet. In 2017 Dubai air show we flew block 1 again despite block 2 being out and in service. In 2018 Zuhai airshow we again flew a block 1 or 2 I'm not sure! And in the latest 2019 Paris air show we again flew a block 1! 🤦‍♂️

Now either pictures posted online are being reused very randomly from older air shows. Or they really are only flying and displaying block 1s!? Can someone enlighten me on this? The other issue is PAF never uses aerobatic smoke oil on the wingtips of JF17! They have used it in F16s frequently but not the JFs? WHY?

Why they are hell bent to show block 1s only that too without any smoke oil and that too with landing gear open! 🤦‍♂️ PAF keep landing gear of the jet open so long during vertical climb for an unfreakin known reason! Why? When you are displaying vertical climb capabilities of your jet, why keep landing gear down and create so much extra drag? JF has excellent climb rate. And can climb vertically soon after launch. Tejas and Rafales need to build speed and keep going straight after coming off the run way before attempting to climb vertically. PAF needs to fix these things and take block 2s in the air shows.

1072868357_0_113_3967_2344_1200x0_80_0_1_48046495a0b1c44caf5ca333023d238f.jpg

I am talking about these smoke trails^^

Last edited:
Could be. I won't contest your claim, but I believe I read somewhere the Phoenixes that flew to Turkey last year were all Block II.

The paint on the Vertical Stabilizer clearly indicates that it belonged to another Squadron. Maybe an upgrade from Block I to II...

Back
Top Bottom