What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The RD-93MA/33MA will be available March 2019 so is the improved WS-13 with a Chinese poster claiming both projects sharing two way flow of information as Chinese have now acquired technologies that Russia didnt have access to before.

But does anyone have any further information on this further development of the base RD-33 to Klimov VK-10M with expected 108-113KN thrust. This would be a important development for not only just the JF-17 but the J-31 or Project Azm.
http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/...g-1-44-derivative-back-up-troubled-sukhoi.htm
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russia-working-new-stealth-fighter-19434

And when will be Vk-10M would be available. If it has 108 to 113kn thrust than thunder with them will have 1:1+ weight to thrust ratio. Will be able to fully exploit its fly by wire capability, and will be at par I maneuverability with the F16s

can you plz share the source for 5000kg payload
There were two increments, If I remember well, one to 4325kg and the second ~to 5000 kg..I'll try to find the source for you..

Last edited:

This pic clearly displays here is enough room/ clearance to put dual sd-10 launcher along with drop tanks

Also an additional under wing station could be added like f-16 or like jl-10 trainer ground attack aircraft as long as wing strength is not compromised and does not require more modification

Last edited:
essentially which comapre jf-17 3000 hrs with f16 4000 hr

Whether upgrading /refurbishment will be economical or not beyond 3000 hrs is an interesting question ..as building new ones might be cheaper ..this is what americans did with most of their f16s

Salvaging parts from air frames that have meet their full life cycle and building the rest in the kamra facility may give new life, at a fraction of the cost.

essentially which comapre jf-17 3000 hrs with f16 4000 hr

Whether upgrading /refurbishment will be economical or not beyond 3000 hrs is an interesting question ..as building new ones might be cheaper ..this is what americans did with most of their f16s

Hi,

That is a very smart comment---. Thank you---.

There were two increments, If I remember well, one to 4325kg and the second ~to 5000 kg..I'll try to find the source for you..

If standard take off weight is ~9000kg with full fuel and 2 wingtip Aams and max is ~13500kg so ???

I think external stores weight is enough for light weight Figter like jf what’s n ended is more stations to carry more in single mission which will be the case in block 3

IMG_0179.JPG

Basically something like this configuration

IMG_1133.JPG

Under side chaff flare magazine so 2 on each side total 4

IMG_1137.JPG

Outer wing structure with pylons attachment and jack screw hole
To add another pylon will definitely need to strengthen outer wing

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

Jacked up aircraft
IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG