What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

IMG_1311.JPG
How about this ... whats the point of having a radar that can track and target 4 or more enemy aircraft simultaneously if you are only equipped with 2 BVR missiles =P
Need those dual AAM launchers!

As I said earlier pac own bro·chure display jf-17 with dual launchers for sd-10 so eventually you will see it

Last edited:
MK, very long story short. Engineers once developed entire new generation of planes suited for a purpose. That was replaced much later with blocks and even later with inter-op modules. Each FC1 can be missioned, multi-missioned, demissioned & remissioned on the fly. Thats a quantum advantage. Numbers do not matter. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Hi,

Indeed it does---. But so far---nothing is visible---.

Like in 1965---the sabre was superior when positioned at its position of strength---.

I agree, but after a certain point it's an issue of diminishing returns.

True but the same can be said about pretty much all other aspects, including electronics. I mean at a certain point loading more (and more expensive systems) becomes less efficient use of resources than just limiting the cost and having more units instead.

MK, very long story short. Engineers once developed entire new generation of planes suited for a purpose. That was replaced much later with blocks and even later with inter-op modules. Each FC1 can be missioned, multi-missioned, demissioned & remissioned on the fly. Thats a quantum advantage. Numbers do not matter. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Hi,

Thank you---. As I had also stated a few days ago---Paf had touted the modular aspect of this aircraft in its development phase---but then for some reason---did not market its modular capabilities---and have kept quiet about it---.

In the great 60's---The AK47 was considered the biggest force equalizer ever seen in the history of mankind---.

And today---indeed technology has taken that place---.

But technology in itself is not " the whole "---a part of the problem is geography as well.

If pakistan had depth---I would totally agree with you---but in our situation---where many of our bases could be in range of enemy 'artillery'---mrl's---leave alone the short range ASM's---the numbers have their strength as well---.

Damn messiach---I got you to write 5 lines---:woot::woot::woot:

If pakistan had depth---I would totally agree with you---but in our situation---where many of our bases could be in range of enemy 'artillery'---mrl's---leave alone the short range ASM's---the numbers have their strength as well---.

Which is exactly why we need an impregnable air defence radar + AEWACS + satellite + SAM system. This is much more important than numbers in aircraft. Large numbers of aircraft are no use if a barrage of Brahmos is headed their way.

With the third gen FBO for block 3, the architecture is entirely open & modular. Great systems & dkms modular kernel engineering by SPT team at chengdu. Fit and fly.
Hi,
Thank you---. As I had also stated a few days ago---Paf had touted the modular aspect of this aircraft in its development phase---but then for some reason---did not market its modular capabilities---and have kept quiet about it---.

This would be a mutually destructive option. Our assets are scattered but you point is taken.
But technology in itself is not " the whole "---a part of the problem is geography as well.

Last edited:
Hi,

In the great 60's---The AK47 was considered the biggest force equalizer ever seen in the history of mankind---.

And today---indeed technology has taken that place---.

Damn messiach---I got you to write 5 lines---:woot::woot::woot:
i think pakistan should mass produce babur type cruise missiles. How are you mastan sir

Which is exactly why we need an impregnable air defence radar + AEWACS + satellite + SAM system. This is much more important than numbers in aircraft. Large numbers of aircraft are no use if a barrage of Brahmos is headed their way.
I think a good cost effective early warning system can Take the sting out of such barrage how are you sir

Back
Top Bottom