What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
(IDEAS) in Karachi on November 29, 2014. 50 Pakistan-made aircrafts have been inducted into the PAF. PHOTO: ONLINE
50 Pakistan-assembled JF-17 fighter jets inducted into PAF: PAC chief – The Express Tribune
KARACHI: The head of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) said on Tuesday that 50 home-assembled multi-role JF-17 Thunder fight jets have been introduced into its airforce.

Air Marshal Javed Ahmed, chief of the state-owned Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), said the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had already received 50 of the home-made aircraft and that the supply of the second block is expected to start this month. The JF-17 was first introduced to the PAF in 2007.

“The five aircraft of the next block would be inducted (into PAF) this year,” Air Marshal Javed Ahmed, told AFP on the sidelines of International Defence Exhibition And Seminars (Ideas) 2014 in Karachi.

Pakistan has been manufacturing the JF-17 aircraft since 2009 with the help of the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation of China (CACC). In addition to block one, block two is now in production which has advanced avionics and mid-air refueling capabilities.

“JF-17 is a modern aircraft, it fulfills all the needs of PAF, it is affordable, the cockpit is very user friendly, all beyond visual range attack capabilities as well as stand of deliveries are available at this aircraft,” Ahmed said.

The PAF intends to induct at least 200 JF-17s into its fleet to replace the ageing F-7s and Dassault Mirage-III. The PAF also has explored the possibility of acquiring the J-10s and last month enquired about the new range of stealth aircraft, J-31, that China unveiled during an airshow in Zhuhai.

The ordnance factories have recently been making attempts to develop arms to meet domestic needs, as well as seeking to tap into the export market.

“A lot of international customers from developing countries have shown interest in the aircraft and we are in active negotiations with many countries,” the PAC chief said.

I think total with these 5 will be 54 aircraft's. So as to make 18 birds in each squadron. One is the attrition replacement. All three squadron's will be at full power. This year 4th squadron will be raised as shown in the new book pages of air force, as we gets more JF-17's after making 3 squadrons.

Now with the Russians selling directly to Pakistan its RD-93 engines. Its upgrading will also be on charts.
One news show J-10 is also reconsidered as Russian's might give green signal for AL-31F engines for it. FC-31 wont be ready before 2020. Its a trick for diverting attention of Russian's for selling AL-31F.

Air Marshal Javed Ahmed, chief of the state-owned Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), said the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had already received 50 of the home-made aircraft and that the supply of the second block is expected to start this month. The JF-17 was first introduced to the PAF in 2007.

“The five aircraft of the next block would be inducted (into PAF) this year,” Air Marshal Javed Ahmed, told AFP on the sidelines of International Defence Exhibition And Seminars (Ideas) 2014 in Karachi.

Can't wait to see

Still no SD-10. I think there are only two three images of JF-17 armed with SD-10. Rest, they always carry free fall bombs or WVR missile :(
Don't know if testing is complete yet. I'm hoping to see block-2 with different weapon configurations BUT we 'll only see somethings at some ceremony and that's it. Have you seen F-16s with AMRAAMs except some pics at Jacobabad?

5 new block 2 - can't wait, 55 Thunders- that is 3 squadrons.

I think the original 8 SBP units will remain at Kamra for T&E for possible BLK2 standard configuration testing. It doesn't make sense to raise a squadron with mixed BLKs

I think the original 8 SBP units will remain at Kamra for T&E for possible BLK2 standard configuration testing. It doesn't make sense to raise a squadron with mixed BLKs
Maybe they 'll start the 3rd one with the 5 upcoming block-2s and then add more as they come off production line. Even if new squadron is given a mix of both block, it'll be alright. Because there is not that much difference b/w the 2 as a pilot would see, and those who are gonna get their hands on block-2 are already block-1 masters and definitely would've converted to block-2 already.

32 aircraft are allotted for the Peshawar wing squadrons.. although the number is generally very fluid. that leaves 18 aircraft which are currently at Kamra for both tactics, training and testing. The resident Tailchoppers is likey the third squadron(as a matter of convenience and need both) considering that it operates one of the oldest F-7P airframes.

32 aircraft are allotted for the Peshawar wing squadrons.. although the number is generally very fluid. that leaves 18 aircraft which are currently at Kamra for both tactics, training and testing. The resident Tailchoppers is likey the third squadron(as a matter of convenience and need both) considering that it operates one of the oldest F-7P airframes.

actually both 36th TW Squadrons at PWE have been allocated 20 a/c each leaving 9 a/c with the T&E detachment at Kamra. you are right the number per sqn can change. if 16 a/c are allocated per/sqn then the 3rd sqn can stand up at any time. the T&W detachment all use pilots from 26sqn.

actually both 36th TW Squadrons at PWE have been allocated 20 a/c each leaving 9 a/c with the T&E detachment at Kamra. you are right the number per sqn can change. if 16 a/c are allocated per/sqn then the 3rd sqn can stand up at any time. the T&W detachment all use pilots from 26sqn.

I believe that has to do with the focus on the Tactics Development at PW.

the block-I a/c have all been 'cleared' to operate the PL-5Eii and integration has been completed for the SD-10A and the MAR-1 but only the block-II will be 'cleared' to operate/use the latter missiles. once the block-I are upgraded to block-II they will also operate/use the SD-10A and MAR-1/

Still no SD-10. I think there are only two three images of JF-17 armed with SD-10. Rest, they always carry free fall bombs or WVR missile :(
Its may be because the current operational Squadrons are replacement of A-5. Those A-5 squads main role was ground attack and CAS. As new batch JF-17 will come and start replacing Mirages & F-7, you will start seeing JF17 with different weapon configuration. Air superiority and Naval roles as well.

Reactions: HRK
Its may be because the current operational Squadrons are replacement of A-5. Those A-5 squads main role was ground attack and CAS. As new batch JF-17 will come and start replacing Mirages & F-7, you will start seeing JF17 with different weapon configuration. Air superiority and Naval roles as well.
I was talking about testing and evaluation phase, not much is available from that either. I think with Blk-II we will start seeing a bit more of that.

Is the lost JF-17 made up for? Isn't 16 a low number for squadron strength, assuming, there will be attrition?

Last time it failed to fire back in jan 2013,when pilot pressed to launch on target,missile was not launched..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom