What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 Thunder Serial #10-115 equipped with optical pod (centerline -station), during weapon testing for Block-II. Two PAF JF-17s and PT-06 (testbed for PAF) are currently in China for ground and testing of new weapons/pods for JF-17.
10523904_861229307255781_8941593604392697038_n.jpg

Hijara is no good for current era wars.
Pak should focus on smart ammo, be it artillery, tank, of air force. Smart ammo is the need of the day.
Pak has some basic tech that could be used to develop smart ammo.
Basic tech that I meant is:
1. IR based imaging sensors,
2. guidance systems for rockets(needed to miniaturize).
3. flight control systems.

What is needed in enhancing these tech and miniaturization of these.

@Oscar @MastanKhan @gambit
just need a short and impartial answer about the wing span of this jet. is it optimal or could have been better if it was bigger?

upload_2014-11-21_14-58-35.png

why?
better lift? carry more Wight, longer ferry range and all?

yes reason to bring this up is due to Japan's Mitsubishi F-2

F2andF16.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-21_14-55-22.png
    upload_2014-11-21_14-55-22.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

upload_2014-11-21_15-5-38.png

@Oscar @MastanKhan @gambit
just need a short and impartial answer about the wing span of this jet. is it optimal or could have been better if it was bigger?

View attachment 155014

why?
better lift? carry more Wight, longer ferry range and all?

F2andF16.png
Agreed.It should have bigger wings for all good reasons including better wing loading but would need redesigning which can't be thought of at least till 3rd block.

Agreed.It should have bigger wings for all good reasons including better wing loading but would need redesigning which can't be thought of at least till 3rd block.

Bigger Wings mean bigger weight and it mean we required more thrust in engine, i thing we have to wait till 3 batch and in that when we used more composite material on that time we will do the same

Bigger Wings mean bigger weight and it mean we required more thrust in engine, i thing we have to wait till 3 batch and in that when we used more composite material on that time we will do the same
@ghazaliy2k @Umair Khan Niazi I am not suggesting redesign for the future and changes to the current ones.

its just a thinking out loud sort of a comment about what if and why not?
designers must have compared the size and weight of the fuselage vs the wingspan but an ordinary look suggests that wings seem out of place compared to its body.

Last edited:
SDF's Deino speaks.
--------------------------

@Irfan Baloch extending the wings a bit would allow a pair of additional hard points. It would also improve certain performance metrics. But increasing the wing area would weaken low altitude performance and burden the current engine to a point where some of its combat edge would be eroded and impact its survivability.

@ghazaliy2k @Umair Khan Niazi I am not suggesting redesign for the future and changes to the current ones.

its just a thinking out loud sort of a comment about what if and why not?
designers must have comared the size and weight of the fuselage vs the wingspan but an ordinary look suggests that wings seem out of place compared to its body.

You are right in your statement, but PAF already have its demands and they will do (with JF17) according to their game plan

SDF's Deino speaks.
--------------------------

@Irfan Baloch extending the wings a bit would allow a pair of additional hard points. It would also improve certain performance metrics. But increasing the wing area would weaken low altitude performance and burden the current engine to a point where some of its combat edge would be eroded and impact its survivability.
NOW THIS, MY DEAR, IS IMPORTANT BIT

and like other "experts" here on the forum, I will pretend that I understand

and maybe the justification for the current dimension more like (apologies for the lack of correct analogy) the length of the barrel of a gun is only feasible to a point until it no longer provides any further range or velocity bonus to the projectile.

@Oscar @MastanKhan @gambit do you concur?

NOW THIS, MY DEAR, IS IMPORTANT BIT

and like other "experts" here on the forum, I will pretend that I understand

and maybe the justification for the current dimension more like (apologies for the lack of correct analogy) the length of the barrel of a gun is only feasible to a point until it no longer provides any further range or velocity bonus to the projectile.

@Oscar @MastanKhan @gambit do you concur?

Hi,

Extending the wings just for a couple of hard points is next to impossible on an aircraft of this size----. We should let a grey hound stay a grey hound---it is what it is----that is what it was designed for---7 hard points and not 9----there was a reason for it.

If they want a 9 pointer or an 11 pointer---then they need to go get an 11 pointer----you cannot make a grey hound in a bull mastiff----the function and purpose are not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom