What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
8000 is estimated figure .. might be low according to mission requirement
6000 is for grippen and (JFT and Gripen are almost have same caliber)

3000 is for textron scorpion which is one for the lowest in light category
you should re estimate your figures....or i can say that your estimate is quiet wrong.

re estimate your figures....or i can say that your estimate is quiet wrong.
as i said above JF17 cost is round about with gripen because they have same caliber of engine and weight category ... however cost vary according to mission requirements ..

Most of light weight fighter operational cost

This data was used to research F16 (Jf17 might have more or less same percentage)
– 10-15% Consumable Supplies (small parts, wiring, basic electrical components)
– 20-25% Sortie Aviation Fuel
– 60-70% Depot Level Repair and Systems Maintenance

Janes4-550-x-291.jpg

In Life whole life cycle all things have impact on cost of per sortie

fig3-1.gif

Last edited:
How it is 2000 USD ??

a full loaded JF17 with internal fuel capacity is 3000 liters ..
and include other factors as well in per sortie
maintenance
depreciation
labour and crew that are serving
2000 $ is not exact amount i mentioned 2000$(approximately) and i also watched paf officer saying this amount too in an interview. i searched every for that interview but failed.as i'm still looking for that interview as i get it i will post it here.

China and Pakistan have reportedly signed an agreement to prevent technology from the co-developed JF-17 fighter making its way into US and Indian hands.
Chinese engineers are also said to be reducing the aircraft’s radar signature through using a divergent supersonic air intake with the JF-17’s Klimov RD-93 engine, with the majority of high-end technology equipping the jet coming from China, including radar, avionics and weapons.

First of all not all planes of any block are not capable of firing antiship weapon as you are thinking. The planes have to be modified for firing that kind of weapon its not just any plug-n-play and you are just rock-n-roll.

Any combat aircraft armed with ASCMs requires special modification to its fire-control system & navigation-and-attack system because it cannot by itself search for maritime targets (given the limited range of the MMR), rather it is entirely dependent on MR/ASW platforms like P-3C for target vectors & cueing. Hence, to 'assume' that each & every JF-17 can carry ASCMs in a plug-and-play mode is physically impossible & unfissiable and technologically difficult.

And what you want to prove from the promotional video by the way

Hey genius...unlike majority of the late 3rd or early 4th gen fighters, the JFT doesn't require a radar and sensor upgrade to look for Naval targets. Its Radar already has a maritime mode. What was needed was a weapons package to be integrated, tested and certified. Nothing needed to happen from scratch. Thus the plug and play reference.

The bottom line is that the JF-17 has now the capability to assume maritime strike roles armed with C-802 ASMs.
Squadrons now converting to the type and based in Karachi will be equipped to carry out this role.

Windy, Are all block I's now able to use SD-10? I know they were upgrading a few planes at a time like 10-216, but not sure what's going on at a mass level...

Hey genius...unlike majority of the late 3rd or early 4th gen fighters, the JFT doesn't require a radar and sensor upgrade to look for Naval targets. Its Radar already has a maritime mode. What was needed was a weapons package to be integrated, tested and certified. Nothing needed to happen from scratch. Thus the plug and play reference.

Windy, Are all block I's now able to use SD-10? I know they were upgrading a few planes at a time like 10-216, but not sure what's going on at a mass level...

11-XXX to 13XXX which were built after JF crash with strengthned wings received upgraded KLJ V2 radars. So Yes they can fire Most of the PGM's. But status of 7-XXX to 9-XXX remains unclear while few of 10-XXX are believed to receive the upgraded KLJ V2 radar

I am also heartened to hear about the PL-15 and PL-10 missiles and the new AESA that is being built. These are very good signs of possible increase in the potency of the Block-III or possibly beyond.

news report regarding JF-17 production

The Chief Engineer, Wg Cdr Saukat @15:20 said, that the endurance of JF-17 is '1 hour -1 1/2 (One & a half) Hours'.

Is that it's endurance in clean configuration ? If so.... isn't that very low for a 4th Generation Fighter ?

reducing the aircraft’s radar signature through using a divergent supersonic air intake
Using diverterless signature only help reducing RCS from the front ... as intake hides the fan blades of engine

I
Using diverterless signature only help reducing RCS from the front ... as intake hides the fan blades of engine
Thunder already has these DSI intakes? ... So what's meant by that Chinese are developing one? Are they improving it further?

China and Pakistan have reportedly signed an agreement to prevent technology from the co-developed JF-17 fighter making its way into US and Indian hands.
Chinese engineers are also said to be reducing the aircraft’s radar signature through using a divergent supersonic air intake with the JF-17’s Klimov RD-93 engine, with the majority of high-end technology equipping the jet coming from China, including radar, avionics and weapons.

Shouldn't be other way ?

Because Chinese don't have Jf17 , Pakistan should be more concerned than china about india getting to know it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom