What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those training rounds or actual AAMs?
Araz
They seem to be the new version.

People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+J-10+Vanguard+Vigorous+Dragon+four+4+SD-10+PL-12+BVRAAM+PL-8+10+ASR+HMS+IFR++aesa+radar+fighter+jet+aircraft+%25284%2529.jpg

I thought training rounds are white, what they have on ststic displays.

SD-10A-PL-12A-AAM-APA-3S.jpg

White one are actual/live rounds. Ofcourse those displayed on static display was without warhead. It is convention all over the world to denote training rounds with blue. Americans use blue rounds as well

Last edited:
So it was a plan that failed probably because of the time it took them to evaluate and negotiate with the various suppliers. For what it is worth the Rafale is still very relevant but not so much so in 5 -10years time. Now a new game must be played which involves the fifth generation ACs to counter the possible acquisition of J31 by PAF.
Araz

Hi,

Failure to achieve its goal to get a new aircraft in due time has given the paf new lease on life. What would have been a devastating combination of aircraft is not as deadly anymore.
Production serial number 2P-12
View attachment 247204

Hi,

I believe that there are between 1 and 20 aircraft that have been in a finished and start stage of production---it could be as much as 25----.

I believe that there are between 1 and 20 aircraft that have been in a finished and start stage of production---it could be as much as 25----.

if the programme was recorded 20-30 day back (it was on-aired just yesterday) then must be around 15 is the best estimate (rate of production is 3 aircraft per 2 months, as per last interview of PAF official)

Now this is what i have been talking about....look at that wing area for mounting weapons.....4 BVRs right from the gitgo and still ample space for some heavy JDAMs/Fuel tanks.

PAF should procure a Medium option.....J-10 or JH-7

Hi,

well---then you will like my new thread in the JF 17 setion

Hi,

Failure to achieve its goal to get a new aircraft in due time has given the paf new lease on life. What would have been a devastating combination of aircraft is not as deadly anymore.

Hi,

I always remember an ayat from Quran Kareem."And they planned and Allah SWT plans and Allah SWT is the better planner". The Indians just took too long and what was an advantage turned into a distinct retreat and disarray. I dont know whether this was always planned to be this way. As I have alluded to the Chinese aviation developments are one factor the Indians have not been able to control. The RJAF acquisition came out of the blue and for the price of less than ($ 75 million ) one Rafale we have had the induction of nearly a squadron of BVR capable squadron which is a coup de grace. By the time lAF development come to fruition we should inshaAllah be on our way to inducting block 3 JFT and looking towards J31/ Equivalent. On the other hand the optiond for IAF remain elusive as Pakfa has not impressed. IAF by their own accounts.
Araz

Are those training rounds or actual AAMs?
Araz
Blue: training rounds.

Now this is what i have been talking about....look at that wing area for mounting weapons.....4 BVRs right from the gitgo and still ample space for some heavy JDAMs/Fuel tanks.

PAF should procure a Medium option.....J-10 or JH-7

That also leaves no other space for mounting more BVRs. Moreover, unlike the come around shoot around BVR that the Typhoons and their like focus on.. in an Indo Pak scenario.. if you haven't scored with two BVRs.. you are probably dead already.

I always remember an ayat from Quran Kareem."And they planned and Allah SWT plans and Allah SWT is the better planner". The Indians just took too long and what was an advantage turned into a distinct retreat and disarray. I dont know whether this was always planned to be this way. As I have alluded to the Chinese aviation developments are one factor the Indians have not been able to control. The RJAF acquisition came out of the blue and for the price of less than ($ 75 million ) one Rafale we have had the induction of nearly a squadron of BVR capable squadron which is a coup de grace. By the time lAF development come to fruition we should inshaAllah be on our way to inducting block 3 JFT and looking towards J31/ Equivalent. On the other hand the optiond for IAF remain elusive as Pakfa has not impressed. IAF by their own accounts.
Araz

Araz,

Well---let us not bring God into this discussion--. That is not how armies and weapons systems are built. Remember---they also have a God or multiple God's as well.

I very much doubt that Allah is looking after Pakistan---one of the most criminal and inept muslim nation in the world.

There is a pretty big GAP of performance between the Blk 3 and the J 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom