What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean that somewhere it states that the JFT now come with Indra EW suite along with the ALR-400 radar warning received? Where it says that?

nowhere, but the the combination of an RWR and the Suite Controller by the same manufacturer is a giveaway.

the best part is,

the Indra suit controller is integrated which was not the earlier, which creates suspicion that the jf-17 is now integrated with a new EW suite made by Indra.
what is Indra? Indra Gandhi?

Sir,

Today jet aircraft are 70% more fuel efficient then the 1st Generation ones.

In 1990 air transport contributed some 3.5% to global greenhouse gas emissions. Depending on future trends in aviation, technology and the emissions of other sectors, this share may grow to 15% or more (Penner et al. 1999). As improved energy efficiency will directly reduce the CO2 emissions of today’s kerosene-based aviation, it is important to know how aviation energy efficiency has developed historically and what might happen in the future. Mitigation of climate change is a subject of wide and intense debate. Although international air transport has thus far been exempt from the Kyoto Treaty on reducing greenhouse gas emissions, it is becoming increasingly clear that this will not remain so in the future. Past and future gains in aviation fuel efficiency have consequently been widely debated. A commonly cited figure of 70% gains between 1960 and 2000 is widely used as a reference for the industry’s technological achievements (Gössling and Peeters 2005). This figure was published in the IPCC’s Special Report on Aviation and the Global Atmosphere, which included a graph showing trends in the fuel efficiency of new jet aircraft coming onto the market between 1960 and 2000 (Penner et al. 1999; p. 298). It is this graph – reproduced here in Figure 1 – that suggests the figure of 70% overall fuel efficiency gains between 1960 and 2000, and based on this figure the IPCC indeed concludes: “The trend in fuel efficiency of jet aircraft over time has been one of almost continuous improvement; fuel burned per seat in today's aircraft is 70% less than that of early jets”.

View attachment 225165

1- Firstly, yes they are 70% more efficient.How does that translate into numbers for our issue? For the sake of numerical ease let's assume they are 100% more efficient (i.e twice as efficient at converting fuel into thrust). Now if we calculate using today's standards a number of 5% of fuel for warmup takeoff and landing, correcting it for 1960 should make that 10% right? You would use twice the fraction of the fuel in 1960 as the aircraft is only half as efficient at producing thrust from fuel.
10% is STILL NOWHERE NEAR 30%. Maybe for the Me-262 that 30% figure was valid but right now (and for 1960) I repeat it is ridiculous.

2- Secondly, the thread is about the JF-17, we are NOT talking about the 707 (or the Me-262). That was brought up by MastanKhan, I was merely responding to him. I can assure you that the JF-17 DOES NOT use 30% of its total fuel load for warmup, takeoff and landing (which is why I was correcting MastanKhan as he was suggesting it was the case).

Last edited:
nowhere, but the the combination of an RWR and the Suite Controller by the same manufacturer is a giveaway.
well if true that will be a good development. Call me old fashioned but i will like to see for myself, some official claim or information about the JF-17 EW package before getting too excited.

well if true that will be a good development. Call me old fashioned but i will like to see for myself, some official claim or information about the JF-17 EW package before getting too excited.

About indra EW, it's in modp 2013-2014 book.

Indigenous efforts were undertaken to recoverdisplay issues of JF-17 aircraft. Maintenance simulator held at
JF-17 FTC, PAF Base Minhas (Modp 2013-2014 book)

Delegation of Myanmar Air Force Visits PAC

21 May, 2015 - A 07 member VIP delegation Led by Gen Khin Aung Myint, Commander-in-chief (Air) Myanmar Air Force visited Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra on 21 May, 2015.

myanmar-airforce-visit-4.jpg

Reactions: HRK
About indra EW, it's in modp 2013-2014 book.

Indigenous efforts were undertaken to recoverdisplay issues of JF-17 aircraft. Maintenance simulator held at
JF-17 FTC, PAF Base Minhas (Modp 2013-2014 book)

Unfortunately i do not have access to that book. Is it AQ-500? any details? @Dazzler ?

Given the sensitivity of issue (directly related to survivability of JF) I doubt we'll ever get to hear official words on the 'real' system installed on JF.

Delegation of Myanmar Air Force Visits PAC

21 May, 2015 - A 07 member VIP delegation Led by Gen Khin Aung Myint, Commander-in-chief (Air) Myanmar Air Force visited Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra on 21 May, 2015.

myanmar-airforce-visit-4.jpg

:( i always forget this tricky numbering system for JFT. now what the hell is this 13-150? rolled out in 2013, 1st block 50th plane?? Anyone???

Given the sensitivity of issue (directly related to survivability of JF) I doubt we'll ever get to hear official words on the 'real' system installed on JF.
hmm true!
wasy be our military leadership ofter try to keep some quite stupid looking things as secret tuu yeh tu phr kafi serious issue ha so should be kept secret off course,

By the way, F-18s are using ALQ-500, probable US navy FAILED to keep it a secret. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom