What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
All mirage, A-5 and majority of the F-7 squadrons will be replaced by JF-17, that means PAF will only be left with two types of planes the F-16s in limited numbers and the remaining bulk of PAF will be equipped with JF-17. Doesn't that leaves us at a disadvantage specifically speaking in terms of operational capabilities?

PS: I am not mentioning J-10 because we don't have them neither do we have a date to consider them into the equation.

for me it will be very easy for PAF now after we have only 3 types of jets f16-jf-17-mirages letter on f-16>jf-17>j-10 . it will be very cost effective east to maintain and have so much parts in hands .so the money we save also which we spend these days to maintain 5 types of aircraft's .

3rd JF-17 Sqn will be at Kamra (most probably 15 Sqn, which has 70s era Mirages and retired Mirages of 5 Sqn used for spares cannibalization). Next in line is No.14 Sqn (early 2013). In the mean time, a Mirage sqn will be moved out to Shahbaz AB.

Najam Sahab,

So it is only one JF-17 Squadron standing up this year?

That seems to be painfully slow.

Najam Sahab,

Well, I agree that it is slow but under this corrupt government I would be happy even with single new squadron.

pilot conversion takes time...primary reason for delay

Markings indicate this a/c would be refuelled using a boom whereas I'm certain the pans are for the JFT to be fitted with probe and drove AAR capability only. As the Boom AAR method is uniquely American is doubt it would find its way to JFT.

I know it's and artist's impression but this is a pretty big oversight.

Well , i made it not as technically accurate render, but more like for testing various psd techniques like how to blend different colors together, how to maintain shadows highlights and other details while airbrushing the aircraft skin etc.

and those refuelling marks on spine, added them just because they are "cool" . this wasnt meant to be technically accurate as originally the plane was parked on ground, with its canopy still open and with out any pilot. and after applying the new color scheme i pasted it on an other background to give an illusion of it flying. But u can still see the open canopy and no pilot on board .. :devil:

Not at all, There are orders for just over 150 RD-93's.. which is enough for the PAF's planned order of 150 JF-17's.
Till any more orders pop up.. there will be NO Chinese engines in either batch-II or Batch-III.

Definite orders or options for additional once and what about all the hype in regard to WS 13 or Chinese engine for PAFs J10B then?

Same old question ? than what is thread for ? the pathetic topic of "Versus" .
you are definitely wrong 2012 brochure of jf17 says RD93 with 98kn of thrust!!

Same old question because this was discussed here often before and you can simply check some pages back or use the search option of the forum too. No I'm not, Klimov says thrust range of the engine, with 98kN as the highest limit, but the latest version as mentioned is the RD 33 MK with 90kN thrust, so only an RD93 upgraded to that base can have 90+ kN thrust.

that is why its urgent to induct the JL-9 AJT until the JF-17B is manufactured.

Yup that must be top priority. Which Aircraft currently is being used for conversion?... I don't think there are many planes in PAF with similar interface that we have in JFT.

Najam Sahab,

Yes unfortunately this is the news so far, but that does not mean production rate is decreased. Squadrons standup when they have sufficient number of aircraft and man power to run the things. Do you know each squadron has 250-300 people, its not just pilot training that takes time. Training ground crew on their specialized branches (Weapon, fitting, avionics, radio etc) takes time.

Sometimes a squadron has to accommodate twice strength of aircraft in it, during last days of A-5 16 Sqn was operating in two branches 16-A and 16-B. All the 26 Sqn's phased out A-5 were moved to 16 Sqn increasing their workload. Same would happen when we no new JF-17 squadron is raised, the existing units has to accommodate the produced aircraft and pilot/ground crew training.

What is Germanium?

Germanium is a mineral it used as raw material to manufacture electronic circuit like silicon but very expensive and due to poisonous nature do not used commonly but in military application. it has better efficiency than silicon . .

that is why its urgent to induct the JL-9 AJT until the JF-17B is manufactured.
but there were rumours that reason why JF-17 twin seater being delayed was who is going to pay for it?
if thats true how would we have payed for the trainers..

but there were rumours that reason why JF-17 twin seater being delayed was who is going to pay for it?
if thats true how would we have payed for the trainers..

news came that china was nt interested in twin seat jft so pakistan has to pay All the funding alone

than in dubai airshow it was officialy statedcthat twin seat variant will be manufactured

If the chinease are refusing to pay for a twin seater JFT development .....it would suggest they are not keen on this for PLAAF use in the near future.

If the chinease are refusing to pay for a twin seater JFT development .....it would suggest they are not keen on this for PLAAF use in the near future.

China was 'Not-really' interested in JF-17 for it's air force but after Zhuhai airshow they started to give it attention.
And Chinese are not refusing for a twin-seater version, it has already been confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom