What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, M88 ECO will have an A/B thrust of 90KN...
The M88 ECO was only a tech demonstrator, which had much in common with the M88 - 2 and I think the new parts already was taken over into the M88 - 2. The aim was to reduce fuel and get less maintenance per hour. The next step will be the M88 - 3 with 90KN thrust you mentioned, as far as I know it's already developed but not for sale. France has no money to fund it and leaves it as an option for potential Rafale customers like India, or UAE. The last report I read about it said, it will cost around 800 million to fund it and that Rafale tests in UAE showed that the M88 - 2 has not enough thrust for hot regions like UAE, or India (or Pakistan). So if UAE goes for Rafale they have to fund it, which could be a benefit to JF17 too.

Chengdu JF17 promo ad

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this on KeyMag by Deino. Valid point raised, didn't JF-17 had only PT-05??

In this picture it shows JF-17 - 06.

Last edited:
it may be the first serial produced plane, they might have numbered it after the prototypes in continuity!
it didnt seems to be prototype pf upgraded JF17 as you might have thought as it would aslo had been numbered 01!!
ehat do you think?

The 6 of the 06 is the result of the 0 being copied and mirrored and ulimately transferred into a 6... If you zoom into bits you will see distortion and different pallet of colours between the 0 and the 6. You can decide on your own, I just provide reasons.

The 6 of the 06 is the result of the 0 being copied and mirrored and ulimately transferred into a 6... If you zoom into bits you will see distortion and different pallet of colours between the 0 and the 6. You can decide on your own, I just provide reasons.

yes on zooming the image gets distorted but i dont think it is fake! even a real pic on zooming to this exten will definetly get blurred!!

regadrs!

see this mate
235.jpg
[/url][/IMG].

see the tail there is written jf-17 and on the nose thunder 04.
the picture up there is showing totally different font and desing on the tail.so the pic is not fake and it must be a new prototype,im sure.:chilli: :china:

i wana know few thing about jf-17,can any one help.:undecided:

1-can jf17 load 4 LGBs by using multiwrecks on the secondlast hard point(near to wing tip) under wing.?
2-can jf17 load two RA'AD(cruise missile) at same time under the wing with fuel tanks.
3-does it use its tail(horizontal stablizers) while rolling and turning, with ailerons.
4-why jf17 dosnt hav only leading edge flaps,flaps and horizontal stablizers like f16,su-30 etc..?

can any one answer plz hurry
regards:cheers:

see this mate
235.jpg
[/url][/IMG].

see the tail there is written jf-17 and on the nose thunder 04.
the picture up there is showing totally different font and desing on the tail.so the pic is not fake and it must be a new prototype,im sure.:chilli: :china:

Planes are repainted so often. JF17 has been changed paintjobs a few times. The tail is the usual place to do it.

Munir,
some Chinese members and even some pakistani members have claimed that there indeed was a prototype-06- apparently with all Chinese equipment including UHF/VHF antennae, HUD, etc as opposed to PT-04 which had some avionics of foreign origin like Pak HUD, possibly Israeli radar, etc

Personally, I do not remember seeing one or hearing about one but I do not claim to know that there wasn't. I do not think the 6 is a PS job but probably you have a better eye than me in these observations.

In Gripen back wheel positions provided space for two hard points under the belly of Gripen. May be we can do same for JF-17 by doing minor adjustment in frame to increase more hard points.

Attachments

• Gripen.jpg
    Gripen.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 35
Munir,
some Chinese members and even some pakistani members have claimed that there indeed was a prototype-06- apparently with all Chinese equipment including UHF/VHF antennae, HUD, etc as opposed to PT-04 which had some avionics of foreign origin like Pak HUD, possibly Israeli radar, etc

Personally, I do not remember seeing one or hearing about one but I do not claim to know that there wasn't. I do not think the 6 is a PS job but probably you have a better eye than me in these observations.
Mean_Bird,
I am just playing the devils advocate here and with a database of all the pics sofar and analysing bits I can pretty secure results. The six just looks like they copied the top side of the zero and then pasted it in the middle. Then a bit deleting of bits to look like a six. I could be wrong but the signs in this pic are not 100% positive. It is just like J10-B. There are surely now good pics but those in the past were altered. Maybe they started with J10B but some parts were touched.

In Gripen back wheel positions provided space for two hard points under the belly of Gripen. May be we can do same for JF-17 by doing minor adjustment in frame to increase more hard points.

That would make the LERX a big thing.But looking at how the LERX ends a bit lower it should be possible. I had the same thoughts. But the gear is a bit different then the Gripen gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom