What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
melb4aust said:
Atlast!!! they've done it..... i can't actually wait:banana2: to see em flying in PAK airspace.

Does any1 have any info about the avionics they are gonna put on like 'RADAR' and such stuff. If they are using RD-93 engine then it would have TVC as well.

And I also could'nt understand the article above posted by "RAPTOR" suggesting, chinese airforce does'nt wanna buy JF-17 because of its outside production in pakistan, while on the other hand saying that they are gonna get 200 FC-4 fighters. Could ya clear that up too....
RD-93 doesnt come with TVC... the chinese indigenous engine(copy of RD-93) is the only way to fit the TVC onto there.......

i doubt china will equip massive of fc-1.... even j-10 (china might jump straight into 4th generation fighters like J-xx.... (as for j-10 and fc-1 will for export...)

master_fx said:
RD-93 doesnt come with TVC... the chinese indigenous engine(copy of RD-93) is the only way to fit the TVC onto there.......

i doubt china will equip massive of fc-1.... even j-10 (china might jump straight into 4th generation fighters like J-xx.... (as for j-10 and fc-1 will for export...)
RD93 don't hae TVC??:sad:
I heard that Both RD-133 and RD93 have TVC.

Sid said:
To my knowledge; FIVE.
Are you sure about the number Sid?
I thought its 5 for China and 3 for us, thats 8 prototypes.

A lots of oneliners here... All keep attention to my remarks. From next week it will be erased.

TVC is just an add-on on the normal RD33 or RD93. Frankly the only difference between normal Mig29 and the OVT version will be one swith button. Why do we all keep comparing 5 times bigger india if it buys something. It has a bigger budget and bigger area. Lets keep that out of the logic. Besides that we wil have to see what it brings. Russian planes are nice but electronicly not the best. Why else does MKI have non Russian avionics?

SOME CONFUSING

1. Whats the specificvation of RD-133 and RD93?
2. TVC Stands for?
3. Is option in JF-17 of Air Refueling?
4. OVT Version?

Munir said:
Russian planes are nice but electronicly not the best. Why else does MKI have non Russian avionics?
I have never hear before. I will fully Appreciate if u give some more Effective Comments about Russia Fail in Electronics Warfare. :thumbsup:

Munir said:
TVC is just an add-on on the normal RD33 or RD93. Frankly the only difference between normal Mig29 and the OVT version will be one swith button.
from the cockpit its just a button.. but it needs changes in the FBW to understand that theres a TVC in a plane and take advantage of it.
Add to it that center of gravity of the plane will change due to addition of extra weight on the tail.. for MKI it was balanced with the heavier radar in the front.. shifting of Center of gravity can change the characteristics of the plane.

Pakistan places order for 150 Xiaolong fighter

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Chief of Staff Tanveer Mehmud Ahmad witnessed the inaugural flight of FC-1 Xiaolong fighter (known as JF-17 Thunder in Pakistan) at Wenjiang Airport in Chengdu, capital of southwest China's Sichuan Province on May 10.
"Pakistan Air Force hopes to equip itself with a large number of Xiaolong fighters. The 150 Xiaolong fighters is far from being enough," Gen. Ahmad said after watching a performance by Xiaolong fighter.
As a joint venture between China and Pakistan, Xiaolong fighter is single-seat, single-engine, multirole light fighter aircraft. The fighter succeeded in its maiden flight on Apr 28.
The successful inaugural flight foreshadows the formal commencement of batch production in Chengdu. Xiaolong fighter will help raise the combat capacity of PAF to a new level. It may replace the F16 fighters in the fleet to become the main force of the PAF.

air marshal said:
SOME CONFUSING

2. TVC Stands for?

Thrust Vectoring Control as seen in the SU-30MKI.
These are pictures of a Mig-29 with TVC, designated Mig-29OVT.

ajaybhutani said:
from the cockpit its just a button.. but it needs changes in the FBW to understand that theres a TVC in a plane and take advantage of it.
Add to it that center of gravity of the plane will change due to addition of extra weight on the tail.. for MKI it was balanced with the heavier radar in the front.. shifting of Center of gravity can change the characteristics of the plane.

Not entirely correct. Where normal controls are busy making aircraft stable the TVC is just adding extra punch in changing direction. It does not much give parameters to FBW and neither does it correct direction for the FBW. If you know that FBW is often switched off while performing extraordinary style you will understand that FBW is not adding magic. With FBW the aircrafts loves to change direction. Movements of the stick are used to change direction but FBW will make come back to stable flight pattern. If aircraft is stable then stick is changing direction and planes is naturally returning to the same old flight path. It cost energy to change course. Engine control (TVC) adds more power to desired direction.

It is true that extra weight or control of TVC is needed but the reality is whether one needs extra weight when missiles can achive 75G's... Light planes (including mig29) need less weight...

Nice. I bet with 2 fueltanks and 2 SD10 it would look even better. I do not understand the extre intake on top of the DSI on the right side of the plane (only...). For the rest the ECM antenna on the fin seems to be exact the same as J10. Just look detailled pics of a J10 in its last configuration...

Eagle_Defender said:
is the JF-17 have the ability to launce nuclear bomb
and i want to ask that pakistan getting j-10 from China ....
kia pakistan j-10 technology transfer ka saath buy kar raha ha?

every new 4rth generation fighter can carry nukes. as far as thunder is concern, I think it has limited capablity to carry nuclear weapons because of low payload. also, the avionic suite is unclear.
according to media, PAF will go for 36 F10 in future. so there is no need to transfer the technology for only 36 fighters. if this number is increased to 80-100, then there is a possiblity of TOT.

According to the Janes' JF-17/FC-1 has been cl***ified as Attack fighter. they are also emphasising that it may be designated as Q-9(attack-9),if PLA goes for J-11 as air superiority fighter. Is PAF thinking of replacing A-5/Mirage5 attack aircrafts with JF-17??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom