What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like JF-17 models

I don';t think we are gonna get any here in England,
as the shop ModelZone have difficulties getting russain models

There is a person in Karachi who makes Models for the PAF VIP Customers, he made me a Mirage V for Rs5000/- and it was as good as the one selling for $100/- on the net. I can ask him if he has started making JF-17s I know he should'nt have any problems. His only problem is that he will not mail it because it might break so one of your friends have to get it from him and will take Cash only.
DHL is the best option they charge $100/- for 48hr delivery.

Its know as AOA ( Angle of Attack )Sensor
This Sensor provides accurate real-time Angle of Attack information for correlation with its shape.

It is a dynamic pressure probe... Probably also incorporating a static sensor. Nothing to do with AOA but speed... If you have flown F16 then you should have known that cause the F16 has them almost on the same spot... AOA for the JF17 are located on the radar cover... A small wing...

For member JF-17 I am sorry I was attaching this atticle to the above photo and I attached the AOA Article.
Sorry My Bad Thanks Munir.

b492e2f07d171c4a9ebe49b69bc8ec73.jpg

f9053a41fa74c88058f996a7fdd342a8.jpg

This is the article which I had Put in PFF few months ago when MEL asked me the question.
here you go

e1e59ea0d4212bd2287ba312c1d466a1.gif

This page shows a schematic drawing of a pitot-static tube. Pitot-Static tubes, which are also called Prandtl tubes, are used on aircraft as speedometers. The actual tube on the aircraft is around 10 inches (25 centimeters) long with a 1/2 inch (1 centimeter) diameter. Several small holes are drilled around the outside of the tube and a center hole is drilled down the axis of the tube. The outside holes are connected to one side of a device called a pressure transducer. The center hole in the tube is kept separate from the outside holes and is connected to the other side of the transducer. The transducer measures the difference in pressure in the two groups of tubes by measuring the strain in a thin element using an electronic strain gauge. The pitot-static tube is mounted on the aircraft so that the center tube is always pointed in the direction of travel and the outside holes are perpendicular to the center tube. On some airplanes the pitot-static tube is put on a longer boom sticking out of the nose of the plane or the wing.

Difference in Static and Total Pressure

Since the outside holes are perpendicular to the direction of travel, these tubes are pressurized by the local random component of the air velocity. The pressure in these tubes is the static pressure (ps) discussed in Bernoulli's equation. The center tube, however, is pointed in the direction of travel and is pressurized by both the random and the ordered air velocity. The pressure in this tube is the total pressure (pt) discussed in Bernoulli's equation. The pressure transducer measures the difference in total and static pressure which is the dynamic pressure q.

measurement = q = pt - ps

Solve for Velocity

With the difference in pressures measured and knowing the local value of air density r from pressure and temperature measurements, we can use Bernoulli's equation to give us the velocity. Bernoulli's equation states that the static pressure plus one half the density times the velocity V squared is equal to the total pressure.

ps + .5 * r * V ^2 = pt

Solving for V:

V ^2 = 2 * {pt - ps} / r

V = sqrt [2 * {pt - ps} / r ]

where sqrt denotes the square root function. There are, however, some practical limitations to this equation:

If the velocity is low, the difference in pressures is very small and hard to accurately measure with the transducer. Errors in the instrument could be greater than the measurement! So pitot-static tubes don't work very well for very low velocities.
If the velocity is very high (supersonic), we've violated the assumptions of Bernoulli's equation and the measurement is wrong again. At the front of the tube, a shock wave appears that will change the total pressure. There are corrections for the shock wave that can be applied to allow us to use pitot-static tubes for high speed aircraft

It's been a while since I took a physics course, so my knowledge of the Bernoulli's equation is suspect, but I actually understood that article on the Pilot-Static tube :enjoy:

I did miss the history and wrote for the first time something hastly. Sorry. Allways a joy to read your post mr Murad.

Pakistan to export JF-17 thunder aircraft
MUSHTAQ GHUMMAN

CHENGDU (April 20 2007): Pakistan announced on Thursday that it would start export of JF-17 thunder aircraft jointly with China after its planned production in 2008. "Pakistan would recover its investment through third countries sale as joint sale and marketing with China," says an official statement issued by the Pakistani officials here after the visit of Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz.

The prime minister inspected new manufactured aircraft and visited manufacturing facilities and appreciated China for making unprecedented progress in defence production.

The statement also said that 16 aircraft planned, eight to be inducted by each side. Two aircraft arrived in Pakistan in March and participated in National Day Parade and two planned to arrive in Pakistan in July and four in December 2007 as training of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra, manpower is in progress in China.

Infrastructure at PAC along with various other facilities is planned to be completed by end of 2007. Pakistan would be able to build up its own aviation industry a big step forward in the field of indigenisation and self-reliance. Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz also inaugurated a new Consulate General building here, the third in China after Shanghai and Hong Kong, saying it will bolster co-operation between the two countries in all fields.

The complex in Sichuan province will cover the fast emerging parts of Western China and neighbouring provinces. Chengdu is home to the Joint Sino-Pak venture of JF-17, multi-role aircraft manufacturing plant and several other high-tech industries.

The prime minister, who is on a six-day visit to China, termed the opening of the Consulate General as another major milestone in the development of Pak-China relations.

He said Pakistan and China were determined to reinforce their exemplary friendship by building strong partnership in economic and trade fields, adding Pakistan was proud of its friendship with China. Shaukat Aziz said China is Pakistan's most trusted friend, good neighbour and good partner and expressed determination to further strengthen this friendship and take this partnership to new heights.

He said Sichuan and Punjab were "sister provinces" as the Chinese province lies in a region that extends up to Pakistan. He described the province as fast becoming another showcase of development of China's western region.

Foreign Affairs Assistant Minister Cui Tiankai termed it a memorable day in Pak-China multi-dimensional relations, saying a consulate will serve as a bridge to link the two communities.

While addressing the dinner hosted by the Sichuan governor, he said that after the implementation of FTA would reach $15 billion. He said the products to be manufactured in special economic zone would not sold locally but also exported to various countries, including Middle East.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=553085&currPageNo=1&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

It looks as if "China" will induct JF-17 into their PLAFF fleet in the near future, to replace their aging fighter fleet.

no one can deny the importance of radars in modern day air warfare,for JF-17 i think radar has not yet been decided.bith chinese and pakistani officials have rejected the russian super komar due to its comparatively short tracking/engagement(60/40)km range.the one choice remains that of italian FIAR Grifo-S7.the range of this radar is good but defence authorities should keep one thing in mind that by applying Grifo to tha above mentioned aircraft it will loose the capability of multi target tracking and engagement which is very necessary.the israeli ELTA EL/M-2032 will be a better option if received through a third party

i dont disagree with the above. i hope and pray that hundreds of JF-17s fly the proud skies of pakistan in PAF colours.
before addressing the radar selection issue, the engine issue needs to be resolved. the chinese ws-14 will not suffice. chinese are not good at engine manufacturing. most all of F-7P crashes are engine related.

no one can deny the importance of radars in modern day air warfare,for JF-17 i think radar has not yet been decided.bith chinese and pakistani officials have rejected the russian super komar due to its comparatively short tracking/engagement(60/40)km range.the one choice remains that of italian FIAR Grifo-S7.the range of this radar is good but defence authorities should keep one thing in mind that by applying Grifo to tha above mentioned aircraft it will loose the capability of multi target tracking and engagement which is very necessary.the israeli ELTA EL/M-2032 will be a better option if received through a third party

Any negotiation for AESA radar for a single batch or more?

I think engine problem has now officially solved. We are gettting RD-93 from Russia. Chinese engine will take some time before getting muture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom